Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Can Selena save the Rare era?

giphy.gif

Pretty much everyone agrees that the Rare era is a complete mess. 
Do you think she can still save the era, or should she just be done with it?
If yes, what song from Rare should she release next?
Discuss!

Another Top 10 feels quite impossible, but I think with proper promo she can maybe still squeeze out a moderate hit.
I would probably try to release either Vulnerable or Crowded Room since those kinda songs do well on the radio.
But then again the pandemic killed radio hits so like.. 
gaga1

Omg your avi, legend giveup1 

And as for the Rare era, it feels over already but it’s not too late to push another single. People You Know sounds like single material to me, Boyfriend didn’t sound like a hit to me so it doesn’t surprise that it flopped, I gave it probably 4-5 listens and I rarely come back to it.

#PeopleYouKnowNextSingle tbh 

29 minutes ago, Gilly said:

nope, boyfriend didnt do anything and it was fresh, good, catchy, and was released with a video rip3 

she needs to come back early next year with a BANGER

I was honestly kinda expecting it to be a Tik Tok hit because of the lyrics rip3

22 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

its over lbr; it ended after that LYTLM performance and the re-release was nothing but a quick cash grab.

I mean.. plenty of artists have recovered from bad performances.. but (unfortunately) I can see that being true gaga1

5 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I want her to sing LYTLM again and redeem herself tbhgaga1 

The entire thing just feels like Lana's SNL debut gaga1
..but with no redemption in sight gaga1

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

The entire thing just feels like Lana's SNL debut gaga1
..but with no redemption in sight gaga1

Did she even perform anywhere after that? Lord, she wasn’t really getting herself out there with Rare gaga1 

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Did she even perform anywhere after that? Lord, she wasn’t really getting herself out there with Rare gaga1 

No laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

I think she got spooked by the reception of her AMAs performance, like she was already having all sorts of panic attacks before she got on stage so the endless internet lashings definitely didn't help to recover the little bit of confidence she had dead1

There's this though:

She sounds fine, but she wasn't on a stage and she's surrounded by friends gaga1

1 minute ago, Snow said:

No laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

I think she got spooked by the reception of her AMAs performance, like she was already having all sorts of panic attacks before she got on stage so the endless internet lashings definitely didn't help to recover the little bit of confidence she had dead1

There's this though:

She sounds fine, but she wasn't on a stage and she's surrounded by friends gaga1

lack of confidence when you're a pop star is a problem but i hope she gains back that confidence from Revival gaga1 

she sounded great in that performance btw

26 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

The fact "Dance Again" was ignored as a full single release is frustrating. Her label and management are questionable.

Dance Again is quite basic but it could have done something on the charts with a proper single treatment, I agree gaga1 

2 hours ago, Michael. said:

lack of confidence when you're a pop star is a problem but i hope she gains back that confidence from Revival gaga1 

she sounded great in that performance btw

Yeah, she had confidence before, it's just that after years of everything (her surgery, rehab, other health issues, etc) she wasn't used to be on the stage again gaga1

Props to her for trying though. Although I feel like she was setting herself up to fail by making her performance the FIRST performance of the night, there was too much pressure gaga1

1 hour ago, Ruthless Love said:

The fact "Dance Again" was ignored as a full single release is frustrating. Her label and management are questionable.

Tbh! I really think Dance Again should have been a single instead of Rare, maybe then she'd have a fighting chance since DA feels like an easy hit gaga1

But then again her biggest bops are usually always ignored, re: Me & the Rhythm gaga1

54 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah, she had confidence before, it's just that after years of everything (her surgery, rehab, other health issues, etc) she wasn't used to be on the stage again gaga1

Props to her for trying though. Although I feel like she was setting herself up to fail by making her performance the FIRST performance of the night, there was too much pressure gaga1

I watched her performance from the audience perspective and she sounded less horrendous gaga1 

i think it's on youtube or smth

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I watched her performance from the audience perspective and she sounded less horrendous gaga1 

i think it's on youtube or smth

Yeah it's actually not THAT bad from some perspectives which is kinda odd? gaga1

I think it might be the AMAs' mic recording thing, because only the official audio sounds bad gaga1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.