Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Did you expect Lose You to Love Me to smash?

When I first heard it I was soooo surprised that Selena released a ballad as her lead single, that was so unexpected coming from her rip4 

Especially after putting out several songs alongside DJs years prior to that, I would think a Selena Gomez ballad would flop but it didn’t.

Thoughts? brit3

I will say.. absolutely not rip4 
Honestly, I was rather disappointed that she released a ballad. Like the song itself is ok, but as LEAD SINGLE?
I really, really thought it was gonna flop and people were gonna lock to Look At Her Now instead
Girl.. I was SO FUCKING WRONG
giveup1

43 minutes ago, Snow said:

I will say.. absolutely not rip4 
Honestly, I was rather disappointed that she released a ballad. Like the song itself is ok, but as LEAD SINGLE?
I really, really thought it was gonna flop and people were gonna lock to Look At Her Now instead
Girl.. I was SO FUCKING WRONG
giveup1

I mean I think it was such a relatable song released at the perfect time so people connected to it with ease, I was not disappointed about it being the lead but more about Look At Her Now going nowhere. rip1 

The AMAs performance was kind of a killer rip1 

47 minutes ago, Gilly said:

i felt the EXACT same way rip3 i was so shocked when it smashed right out the gate

Right she just straight up flew to the top of the charts with a ballad and a basic black & white video

i guess sometimes less is better rip2 

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I mean I think it was such a relatable song released at the perfect time so people connected to it with ease, I was not disappointed about it being the lead but more about Look At Her Now going nowhere. rip1 

The AMAs performance was kind of a killer rip1 

Tbh I was mostly worried that it wouldn't do well commercially dead1 
Like it was her comeback, and she's not really a ballad artist. It felt risky, and I wasn't sure how it was gonna do rip1

The AMAs performance was a disaster thought I agree, the fact that she was an OPENER too.. lord rip1

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Tbh I was mostly worried that it wouldn't do well commercially dead1 
Like it was her comeback, and she's not really a ballad artist. It felt risky, and I wasn't sure how it was gonna do rip1

The AMAs performance was a disaster thought I agree, the fact that she was an OPENER too.. lord rip1

Poor girl doesn’t seem to be too confident and that performance didn’t help rip1 

Stan Twitter is really vile to her rip1 

7 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Poor girl doesn’t seem to be too confident and that performance didn’t help rip1 

Stan Twitter is really vile to her rip1 

Yeah the stans were RUTHLESS to her, I think she even quit Instagram for a bit after that rip1
I feel really bad for her honestly, but then again that performance.. well.. rip1 

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah the stans were RUTHLESS to her, I think she even quit Instagram for a bit after that rip1
I feel really bad for her honestly, but then again that performance.. well.. rip1 

well she needs to practice but she's most definitely more of a studio singer than a live performer but i'm fine with it rip1 

22 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I had a sensation that it would do well, chart-wise, but that people would pick up on "Look at Her Now" more.

Yeah, Look At Her Now felt more like a hit especially considering it had a better video

I mean, kinda. It reminds me of The Heart Wants What It Wants which was already a hit for her so I thought it would do well, but I’m kind of surprised it hit #1 (didn’t know until now tbh) rip4 

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I had a sensation that it would do well, chart-wise, but that people would pick up on "Look at Her Now" more.

Look At Her Now flopping will always baffle me tbh 
That song deserved so much better
giveup1

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Look At Her Now flopping will always baffle me tbh 
That song deserved so much better
giveup1

The way it's understandable it didn't smash, the chorus could be nervewrecking for some. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.