Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Selena Gomez Word Ladder

Like all word ladders, this is only tangentially related to the subject with just a quarter of the answers being Selena related and the rest just being filler, but some blood, sweat and tears went into this one bebe1 If you don't know how to play a word ladder, basically one letter changes each time and they morph further into different words. Example:

COLD → CORD → CARD → WARD → WARM

Play here!

13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I actually downsized it to 15 after I noticed a mistake bebe1 This is why I usually try to get someone to do a test run before I post these bebe1 

Oops, 16 now, finally makes perfect sense bebe1 fml

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If anything I thought the "sidekick" synonym might be too obscure bebe1 

Reveal hidden contents

Green_lantern_85.jpg

Oh well I honestly didn't really know what that one was, I kinda guessed my way out of that one based on the hints bebe1 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Oh well I honestly didn't really know what that one was, I kinda guessed my way out of that one based on the hints bebe1 

Yeah in old superhero comics teenage sidekicks were always called wards bebe1 I used to think the etymology had something to do with Burt Ward who played Robin on the 60s Batman show but I'm pretty sure it predates him bebe1 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah in old superhero comics teenage sidekicks were always called wards bebe1 I used to think the etymology had something to do with Burt Ward who played Robin on the 60s Batman show but I'm pretty sure it predates him bebe1 

Can't say I have any idea tbh, I'm not really a comic reader bebe1 

Thanks for making this tho! This was quite fun! If this ends up being popular enough maybe we could have more of these! I personally enjoy these games, I remember we also had that crossword thing during the reopening of the fave sections moo1 

Just now, Snow said:

Can't say I have any idea tbh, I'm not really a comic reader bebe1 

Thanks for making this tho! This was quite fun! If this ends up being popular enough maybe we could have more of these! I personally enjoy these games, I remember we also had that crossword thing during the reopening of the fave sections moo1 

It's certainly possible, this particular type of quiz is probably a little harder to make than I'd like though bebe1 

Yes, RihannaRTT made all those crosswords for the sections and I did the other half in various styles! bebe1 I tried to do a word ladder on some but gave up, this is my first semi-successful attempt bebe1 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's certainly possible, this particular type of quiz is probably a little harder to make than I'd like though bebe1 

Yes, RihannaRTT made all those crosswords for the sections and I did the other half in various styles! bebe1 I tried to do a word ladder on some but gave up, this is my first semi-successful attempt bebe1 

Well I could make some of my own too! moo1 

(Although a general word ladder would probably be more successful than a Selena-related one dead1)

Just now, Snow said:

Well I could make some of my own too! moo1 

(Although a general word ladder would probably be more successful than a Selena-related one dead1)

I encourage that!

I looked at a lot of sporcle ones, no matter the topic it always strays to the point so that at best only a third of the answers have something to do with what it's supposed to bebe1 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I encourage that!

I looked at a lot of sporcle ones, no matter the topic it always strays to the point so that at best only a third of the answers have something to do with what it's supposed to bebe1 

Yeah I get that, honestly it's extremely hard to stay on topic when the words have to relate to each other bebe1 I commend you for even trying tbh!

I think a crossword would be better for these kind of things! There's more freedom and we can more easily stay on the topic brit16

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.