Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Accelerate Should Have Not Been a Part of Liberation.

We all know Accelerate (do we?) and how that went for Madame Exe. Not only that it flopped harder than Am Gaga Tonight, You Lost Hit, Your Fad-y, Let There Be Knee, and Change, it also ruined any momentum that Liberation had. That song put a curse on the entire era; not even Flop in Line could fix the mess that was left despite being a gorgeous song with actual purpose lyrically. Why did she release that tragedy when Pipe was literally there? Or even Like I Do, even though I never really liked that song, but it could have been a much better lead single! It was also nominated for a Grammy alongside Fall in Line. Decelerate could not even wish to gain that recognition as it never had the chance to be recognized...because it's pure shit.

Madame Xtina and her choices, a lot of times I question ha tragic mind oprah11.

Accelerate was the only somewhat catchy song on the album. The album was too lowkey and a slow-burner overall. It definitely needed a few more bops.
I personally think it was sonically ahead of its time. We will hear more songs with that kind of production in the future.

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

Accelerate was the only somewhat catchy song on the album. The album was too lowkey and a slow-burner overall. It definitely needed a few more bops.
I personally think it was sonically ahed of its time. We will hear more songs with that kind of production in the future.

Yeah because the hook is catchy, fortunately. It just needed a different production and no featured artist tbh. Well, I hope so for the future of her music.

1 minute ago, harry said:

Right Moves hon I'm so sorry. cry9

Sorry for what? Being a good sexy jam? Never be sorry. Sorry for its track placement on the album? Yes, forever. It never made sense to have such a heavy song like Fall in Line followed by a summer feel good song. The mood shifted terribly uneven.

4 minutes ago, Tama said:

Sorry for what? Being a good sexy jam? Never be sorry. Sorry for its track placement on the album? Yes, forever. It never made sense to have such a heavy song like Fall in Line followed by a summer feel good song. The mood shifted terribly uneven.

Oh word gospel truth. bey7

10 minutes ago, Tama said:

Simmer is a timeless bop. Decelerate is not. Very simple.

juicy1 ok at the Simmer stanning but as @Madonna well pointed out we WILL hear more Accelerate type of songs from these girls. for the first time in a while Christina was ahead of the curve sonically and its especially remarkable as 6 years had passed since her previous album, Abortus.

12 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

juicy1 ok at the Simmer stanning but as @Madonna well pointed out we WILL hear more Accelerate type of songs from these girls. for the first time in a while Christina was ahead of the curve sonically and its especially remarkable as 6 years had passed since her previous album, Abortus.

dead2

Make The World Move says hello goodbye. nicki5

13 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

Fetus had its potentials. The uninspired electronic dance production was the largest issue with that mixtape. Who could blame ha? She was going through so much in her life (I think) so what had happened just happened.

Decelerate on the other hand... that's the one that should have been aborted from Liberalism.

9 minutes ago, harry said:

dead2

Make The World Move says hello goodbye. nicki5

literally Christina's worst song ever. she clearly was in a frail state of mind through those recording sessions because i can't imagine who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to record THAT... the fact that they went to atrociously perform it on America's biggest tv show at the time... speechless.

source.gif

you can hear the voice cracking and feel her physical pain through this gif. damn ma'. thank God she got her shit together soon afterwards.

Worst song of the album, completely unlistenable. There were many better singles choices like Right Moves or Maria, i don't know what they were thinking.

SkinnyGratefulLiger-size_restricted.gif

lowkey came back to Liberation after Chromatica, it definitely was ahead of the game sonically.

I feel lime Accelerate was just the best choice at getting a half successful single. Tbh the album was too experimental for the public. Fall in Line should’ve been the lead though tbh. Preferably with a different feature, Demi just aint it

3 minutes ago, Joanne said:

lowkey came back to Liberation after Chromatica, it definitely was ahead of the game sonically.

I feel lime Accelerate was just the best choice at getting a half successful single. Tbh the album was too experimental for the public. Fall in Line should’ve been the lead though tbh. Preferably with a different feature, Demi just aint it

What's "too" experimental about Liberation? Literally an album that sounds like her own music from 2002-2006. Experimentation with ha past, maybe?

Demi didn't give a thoughtful dynamic after the bridge, I agree. It became a screaming match. A shame because her verses were delivered in a very interesting way.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.