Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Chromatica predicted to do 57k next week. Surprised?

poor dat. bey7

a nice chunk of those great first week sales were likely Karens drawn in by ASIB. now that's gone too. streaming down the gutter... as no one in their right mind would return to this completely disposable album...  in fact Gaga has always had severe second week drops. must wonder why!

will Traumatica even reach Platinum? ohno1 

7 hours ago, Gabe. said:

streaming down the gutter... 

Do album tracks on pop records typically see longevity on streaming? Rain On Me has completely stabalized on the medium (currently no. 4 globally) but as I understand it that's mostly because it's the current single and pop acts don't really get big streaming numbers beyond the first week for album tracks. I suppose there might be some newer artist that buck that trend. 

1 minute ago, harry said:

Do album tracks on pop records typically see longevity on streaming? Rain On Me has completely stabalized on the medium (currently no. 4 globally) but as I understand it that's mostly because it's the current single and pop acts don't really get big streaming numbers beyond the first week for album tracks. I suppose there might be some newer artist that buck that trend. 

Taylor / Ariana / Rihanna / Bey cannot relate! 

26 minutes ago, harry said:

It’s dropping in the US though 

Spotify US - #9 (-1) since yesterday 

Apple Music US - #19

3 minutes ago, Michael. said:

It’s dropping in the US though 

Spotify US - #9 (-1) since yesterday 

Apple Music US - #19

and how is that not stabilized? Dropping 1 position is still stable dead1 

21 minutes ago, Gilly said:

and how is that not stabilized? Dropping 1 position is still stable dead1 

Those numbers are not enough for it to stay afloat, why are you deluding yourself? dead1

#9 on Spotify and #19 on AM US, its most definitely not going to stay in the top 5 next week. I don’t call that stability but go off rip2 

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

Those numbers are not enough for it to stay afloat, why are you deluding yourself? dead1

#9 on Spotify and #19 on AM US, its most definitely not going to stay in the top 5 next week. I don’t call that stability but go off rip2 

Isn't it no.1 digitally and rapidly increasing on radio with like 40m audience aiready? I think it could hold well next week. brit16

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

you keep using its debut week as a point of reference, but its been top 10 on spotify since its release week - that is stable. Especially when you compare it to stupid love and arianas last single with justin bieber - which both dropped like a rock. A song doesnt have to be #1 or top 5 for weeks for it to be “stable” rip2  a song can stabilize at literally any position on the Hot 100: a 1-5-10-10-11-10-11-12-11 chart run is STILL stable rip3 Now if the song starts plummeting like a rock in 2-3 weeks, then you have a point, but right now, you dont sorry1

18 minutes ago, harry said:

Isn't it no.1 digitally and rapidly increasing on radio with like 40m audience aiready? I think it could hold well next week. brit16

and pop songs in the vein of rain of me are largely dependent on radio when it comes to chart positions. When was the last time (in recent memory) that you saw a pure pop song consistently stay in the top 5 of the hot 100 with no airplay? you can probably name less than 5 brit16

12 minutes ago, Gilly said:

you keep using its debut week as a point of reference, but its been top 10 on spotify since its release week - that is stable. Especially when you compare it to stupid love and arianas last single with justin bieber - which both dropped like a rock. A song doesnt have to be #1 or top 5 for weeks for it to be “stable” rip2  a song can stabilize at literally any position on the Hot 100: a 1-5-10-10-11-10-11-12-11 chart run is STILL stable rip3 Now if the song starts plummeting like a rock in 2-3 weeks, then you have a point, but right now, you dont sorry1

I’m not using its debut week, I’m using its second week as it’s currently at #5. For now it’s not stable, you’re making up a chart run that doesn’t exist. sorry1 

I’m talking about the Hot 100: It dropped 4 spots in its second week, and it’s currently at #9 and #19 on Spotify and AM US so it looks like it’s going to drop a few more spots in its third week.

no matter how you put it, that is not stability. lmfao1 

And I didn’t say a song had to be top 5 for weeks to be stable but I’m saying that as of now it’s not being stable at any position, as it’s most likely going to drop next week.

28 minutes ago, harry said:

And? rip4 

ROM has been #1 on iTunes since its release and it didn’t stop it from dropping to #5 in its second week on the Hot 100, iTunes is not what’s going to hold it well. 

5 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I’m not using its debut week, I’m using its second week as it’s currently at #5. For now it’s not stable, you’re making up a chart run that doesn’t exist. sorry1 

I’m talking about the Hot 100: It dropped 4 spots in its second week, and it’s currently at #9 and #19 on Spotify and AM US so it looks like it’s going to drop a few more spots in its third week.

no matter how you put it, that is not stability. lmfao1 

And I didn’t say a song had to be top 5 for weeks to be stable but I’m saying that as of now it’s not being stable at any position, as it’s most likely going to drop next week.

...it will drop and? doesnt mean it hasnt NOW stabilized, so harry didnt lie. Next weeks chart position will reflect that sorry1

23 minutes ago, Michael. said:

And? rip4 

ROM has been #1 on iTunes since its release and it didn’t stop it from dropping to #5 in its second week on the Hot 100, iTunes is not what’s going to hold it well. 

ironic with a selena icon we're talking about stability juicy1

38 minutes ago, Gilly said:

...it will drop and? doesnt mean it hasnt NOW stabilized, so harry didnt lie. Next weeks chart position will reflect that sorry1

It will drop next week, that's certain. However your predictions are not. sorry1 

I mean... given that the world is not only in a global pandemic and the us in particular is on fire with civil rights protests (to which gaga has stopped all promotion to promote them) id say this is fair...

If she had rolled out with the promo that was scheduled, even before lock down, these numbers would be better 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.