Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Exhale

Who had the bigger peak- Katy or Ariana?

Thought of making this because there's quite a few similarities between them imo. Hot 100 records (TD singles and TUN), very recognisable looks like the Blue wig for Katy and the ponytail for Ari, YouTube for Katy and Spotify for Ari and their own fair share of controversial personal life brit15

my initial answer was Katy but i'm gonna go with Ariana after thinking it through; similar touring numbers, ok lower single sales and peaks but strong album sales AND critical acclaim which is something Katy never got. 

6 minutes ago, MadLove. said:

Too early to tell. Also Katy's peak was 2008-2014

I think those years should be considered as her prime instead of peak. Her peak was definitely the release of Dark Horse on December 2013 going to 2014, that's the last time we ever saw her being present at the top of charts. After that she was never near number 1.

Edit: I forgot that Chained was her actual last big hit ari9. My opinion stays the same though.

3 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

you know her peak didn't start in 2008 so stop spreading lies

Sis smashed from the get go. I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold were both global megahits, on par with the singles from TD: TCC, Roar, and DH

4 minutes ago, Tama said:

I think those years should be considered as her prime instead of peak. Her peak was definitely the release of Dark Horse on December 2013 going to 2014, that's the last time we ever saw her being present at the top of charts. After that she was never near number 1.

In the OP you wrote that her peak was 2010-2015 which is more or less the same amount of time I listed her peak as, so I don't know why you're now claiming her peak was during one single's chart run :|

1 minute ago, MadLove. said:

Sis smashed from the get go. I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold were both global megahits, on par with the singles from TD: TCC, Roar, and DH

In the OP you wrote that her peak was 2010-2015 which is more or less the same amount of time I listed her peak as, so I don't know why you're now claiming her peak was during one single's chart run :|

Me? Sis I'm Tama, not Exhale. Check it again.

52 minutes ago, MadLove. said:

Sorry lol. Anyway an artist's peak can last for years, it's not just the last time someone was at the top of their game

Will change it katy10

1 minute ago, pang said:

kind of hard to tell...i feel that Katy might've had a huge peak around the Teenage Dream era but we prefer the one that can sing. bebe1

It's actually very impressive how much she's improved. I couldn't get through a Firework performance by her back then but watched a recent one at the YT Graduation event and it's honestly better than the studio version katy1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.