Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Strobo

Where did Madonna vs Mariah even come from?

I don't understand why y'all compare them because they are not peers, with an eight year gap between debuts.

They make completely different types of music with completely different focuses on their artistry. (Dancing, stage and controversy vs vocals/songwriting.)

They target different audiences completely so like???

Why do y'all bring up Spotify and YT receipts as if they're actually comparable. That's not even mentioning Madonna's YT/streaming presence being a hot ass mess until recently (still not great tho).

But also iTunes? Really?

If it's because of those comments in the mid 90s (which what Madonna said was taken out of context, and what Mariah said, while rude, was somewhat truthful at the time since Madonna hadn't recovered from Erotica yet)

Gaga vs Madonna as tired as it is at least kind of makes sense? Even though the two made up already.

Madonna vs Britney also really doesn't make sense either and idk where y'all are pulling this from either.

12 minutes ago, STJ said:

Madonna said she'd rather die than be locked in a room listening to Mariah Carey's album. And I agree with her! dead7

Moo replied with her usual shade, I don't know her™ moo4since 8th grade. 

I thought it was "I'd rather die than be Mariah Carey" and this was specifically in reference to her situation being Tommy's singing puppet more or less, you got receipts?

17 minutes ago, fab said:

i think it's a certain fanbase feeling threatened by Mariah outstreaming, outcharting, outacclaiming and outrelevanting their fave brit7

pretty much i fear

4i66yG3.gif

5 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I thought it was "I'd rather die than be Mariah Carey" and this was specifically in reference to her situation being Tommy's singing puppet more or less, you got receipts?

You're right, I probably got the shade mixed up with someone else's shade towards Moo dead2

1 minute ago, Infrared said:

Probably came from Madonna taking a backseat to singers who didn't need to strip or use vocal editors in the 90s - just raw talent 

4i66yG3.gif

all that and she still doesnt have a single song at 200m streams on spotify

4i66yG3.gif

4 minutes ago, Gilly said:

all that and she still doesnt have a single song at 200m streams on spotify

4i66yG3.gif

Screaming at We Belong Together outstreaming Hung Up and 4 Minutes. Only a few minutes before Jjang runs into this thread with La Isla Bonitas youtube views. 

4i66yG3.gif

Because they were the two biggest females in music at one point in time and we all know the patriarchy couldn't handle two women without making them compete ny1

In reality, neither one possesses the talents the other one does (apart from song writing and producing because they both slay) so the fans will always have that "back and forth". 

I did one time read about Mariah trying to bribe critics to slate madonnas show in new York, but can I find the article again?  dead2

I have always knew about Madonna vs Mariah feud (if it we can call it like that).

However, I encountered the first war between their fans on FOTP and thought it was weird. eve1  

Mariah fans like to start things. wendy1  Many of them are Gaga fans too. How convenient. jj2 

35 minutes ago, MadLove. said:

I thought it was because Madonna and Mariah were the two bestselling female artists of all time. Wasn't there confusion as to which one it actually was at one point?

Rihanna is the second best selling female artist, and then Whitney or Celine.

4i66yG3.gif

To the OP, Mariah's fanbase has 2 trolls that kept spamming random Madonna BGs threads few years ago, that's how the Madonna vs Mariah era began. They mad at Madonna for being a bigger streaming force than Mariah the last 1.5 year, and keep it that way.

4i66yG3.gif

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

I did one time read about Mariah trying to bribe critics to slate madonnas show in new York, but can I find the article again?  dead2

I highly doubt that's even true tbh. I've never understood why the feud exists as they're entirely different stylistically. 

Other than a bit of shade 25 YEARS ago and some likely false tabloid reporting in the 00s they've always complimented each other. 

It does seem that it's purely delusional boring stans on each side belittling the other to make their fave seem superior. Despite the fact that as I said above they're not really comparable. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.