Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Back to Basics Second Disc is Superior.

I just listened to Back to Basics few minutes ago, refreshing myself finally after a hard time yesterday, and it surprised me that the second disc had the superior songs compared to the first one. Sure, my favorite song Without You is a part of the first disc, but overall the second disc has much better songs. Stronger melodies, clearer and more dynamic vocal performances, better lyrics, and all of it are also original compositions. That's superb! First disc was a good journey but I couldn't really stomach her bombastic vocal performances song after song, it lacked subtlety that second disc provided so beautifully. What do you think? Do you like first disc better? Or second disc? Tell me. :)

I like both. I think the album is very well rounded and I enjoy the production/her vocals on both discs. Personally I listen to disc 1 songs more often (with the exception of Candyman and NNB) as I tend to need to be in a mood to listen to her ballads which is majority of disc 2. moo1

Half and half. If you take 4-5 songs off disc one and merge them together then it would be perfect.

For me, disc one is fierce until oh mother. Then it starts to lag. Disc two is great but more short and sweet. Mercy on me is a major skip for me.

Nasty would have been perfect for disc one! Imagine if she had released that as a single along with candyman, and relegated hurt to the last release. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.