Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Chromatica failed to top MDNA's first week sales

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The way you think you did something is baffling brit5

Eat your food and take that bitterness somewhere else 

gag1 

gag1gag1gag1 

gag1 

gag1 

gag1 

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

A few years ago Gaga would have dedicated a 2 hour interview to talk about why these things are wrong but she's a total sellout these days and you guys have a very short memory span and a continuously declining standard. 

These are your personal problems to work through sis. feb1

4 minutes ago, harry said:

These are your personal problems to work through sis. feb1

Not really since everything I write is based on things she’s said, done or implied. Y’all just can’t comprehend others having different opinions, you instantly label them as crazy people as a defense mechanism  ari4 

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Not really since everything I write is based on things she’s said, done or implied. Y’all just can’t comprehend others having different opinions, you instantly label them as crazy people as a defense mechanism  ari4 

Where did I say anything about crazy people? Projecting? ari4 

I said these issues you go about the forum shouting out constantly are your problems to work out. Or don't and continue to dedicate so much time to convincing others of your opinion. Whatever you want I guess. Just offering some perception. hottie1

12 minutes ago, harry said:

Where did I say anything about crazy people? Projecting? ari4 

I said these issues you go about the forum shouting out constantly are your problems to work out. Or don't and continue to dedicate so much time to convincing others of your opinion. Whatever you want I guess. Just offering some perception. hottie1

Me pointing out a change in an artist is my problem? brit5

And yes were on a music forum that’s kinda what the gig is for, talking about our opinions. You’re just not happy ‘cause it’s a negative opinion about your fave. 

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Me pointing out a change in an artist is my problem? brit5

And yes were on a music forum that’s kinda what the gig is for, talking about our opinions. You’re just not happy ‘cause it’s a negative opinion about your fave. 

You can own your opinions, yes. dead4

Your opinion only becomes a problem when it becomes obsession. It's more about your long-winded essays repeating the same talking points. What's not clicking? ari6

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

There's a pandemic, therefore, the tour will get cancelled (like all tours were, for instance Taylor & Janet for Pop tours) and she and her team knew that for months in advance. But despite that they still used the bundles that came from those tickets by holding the people's money hostage so they get their Nicki Minaj esque BB equivalents. You know, instead of just cancelling or refunding tickets for the people who need them in these times. 

H38FPTM.gif

A few years ago Gaga would have dedicated a 2 hour interview to talk about why these things are wrong but she's a total sellout these days and you guys have a very short memory span and a continuously declining standard. 

H38FPTM.gif

How this flew under the radar is absolutely beyond me dead4 If that were Nicki or Katy (and esp. Madge) there would be headlines everywhere. I guess because it's Gaga people are automatically brainwashed into thinking this is an artistic release that has nothing to do with making money (cue her neverending "I don't care about money" lies), so they somehow just let it slide lj1

At least with her insanely aggressive C2C selling tactic, her fans made fun of her while cheering her on. Now there's just no comment whatsoever. Declining standards indeed rih14 Just like her art and personal values.

3 minutes ago, harry said:

You can own your opinions, yes. dead4

Your opinion only becomes a problem when it becomes obsession. It's more about your long-winded essays repeating the same talking points. What's not clicking? ari6

Or maybe GAGA keeps doing things that I find worthy of criticism? I did the same for Dua on ATRL and her fans were shockingly far more receptive to (aggressive) criticism lol y’all are snowflakes 

2 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

How this flew under the radar is absolutely beyond me dead4 If that were Nicki or Katy (and esp. Madge) there would be headlines everywhere. I guess because it's Gaga people are automatically brainwashed into thinking this is an artistic release that has nothing to do with making money (cue her neverending "I don't care about money" lies), so they somehow just let it slide lj1

At least with her insanely aggressive C2C selling tactic, her fans made fun of her while cheering her on. Now there's just no comment whatsoever. Declining standards indeed rih14 Just like her art and personal values.

wow. you're mad. take a bite take a bite. sour candy. 

H38FPTM.gif

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Or maybe GAGA keeps doing things that I find worthy of criticism? I did the same for Dua on ATRL and her fans were shockingly far more receptive to (aggressive) criticism lol y’all are snowflakes 

Weren't you banned from there? Was it for repeating the same talking points girl? sia1

I understand why you picked MDNA considering Madonna is FLOPPING in this era of streaming, but it makes no sense to compare an album from 2012 to one released in 2020 eve1

1 minute ago, Kristina said:

I understand why you picked MDNA considering Madonna is FLOPPING in this era of streaming, but it makes no sense to compare an album from 2012 to one released in 2020 eve1

It's so stupid to compare album sales from artists whose career longevities are off by 20 years.

And to compare album sales from any point of one artist's career to the other is equally as dumb because one artist sold albums in an era were piracy and streaming were damn near non-existent- a very clear advantage. 

But hey you gotta do what you gotta do to make your fav look good. Some of us don't have too cause our fav releases bops.

H38FPTM.gif

4 minutes ago, Kristina said:

But it makes sense to compare Gaga’s 6th album to Madonna’s like... 17th? brit5

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Only if you're concerned with current relevance with no regard for legacy. Which is silly. 

1 minute ago, Kristina said:

Declining LM standards is the subject here, so any comparison is relevant nat2

It reminds me very much of LMs making fun of Madonna for setting a record for the biggest second week sales drop ever with MDNA, completely neglecting to acknowledge that Gaga was the one who held that record with BTW (and with ARTPOP she became the only artist ever to have two albums in the top 5 of biggest sales drops for a music release) xtina8

Double standards are normal in stanbases but LMs really take it to a whole new level by just flat out denying they're using them in the face of the evidence gaga6 In that very OP the words "make no mistake, Madge is past those days and her last record flopped" are typed. I'd like to see that same feet-on-the-ground attitude in Gaga's fanbase more often lana6 If we're honest about our intentions then at least we can just have fun with these debates, not actually entertain embarrassing delusions for real sia5

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Not really. But comparing two albums released closer to each other is at least more fair than choosing any random album by your fave that was more successful than the other in some way just to make her look bettershrug1 

8 minutes ago, melomelo said:

It's so stupid to compare album sales from artists whose career longevities are off by 20 years.

And to compare album sales from any point of one artist's career to the other is equally as dumb because one artist sold albums in an era were piracy and streaming were damn near non-existent- a very clear advantage. 

But hey you gotta do what you gotta do to make your fav look good. Some of us don't have too cause our fav releases bops.

H38FPTM.gif

Oh you do have to. Just wait until her competition starts releasing

H38FPTM.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.