Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Chromatica failed to top MDNA's first week sales

5 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Declining LM standards is the subject here, so any comparison is relevant nat2

It reminds me very much of LMs making fun of Madonna for setting a record for the biggest second week sales drop ever with MDNA, completely neglecting to acknowledge that Gaga was the one who held that record with BTW (and with ARTPOP she became the only artist ever to have two albums in the top 5 of biggest sales drops for a music release) xtina8

Double standards are normal in stanbases but LMs really take it to a whole new level by just flat out denying they're using them in the face of the evidence gaga6 In that very OP the words "make no mistake, Madge is past those days and her last record flopped" are typed. I'd like to see that same feet-on-the-ground attitude in Gaga's fanbase more often lana6 If we're honest about our intentions then at least we can just have fun with these debates, not actually entertain embarrassing delusions for real sia5

Look a rare sight of someone who gets it kids

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Sis you wanna compare legacies then? That’s even a bigger loss for Gaga. 

Let's do it. Madonna's legacy is what? Stunning visuals with subpar vocals? Pretty face with cute hits?

H38FPTM.gif

Gaga's legacy is being the one outlandish pop star that can actually sing. Oscar winner. Music video innovator. Superior songwriter. The list goes on.

H38FPTM.gif

27 minutes ago, harry said:

You can own your opinions, yes. dead4

Your opinion only becomes a problem when it becomes obsession. It's more about your long-winded essays repeating the same talking points. What's not clicking? ari6

Do these fossils even post in madonnas section? all that “legacy” and youd think the fossils would have more than enough material to discuss, but yet, all they do is infest BG with their corny ass threads. And @Unapologetic Bitch - glad to know that youre still viewing my posts even though you “bLoCkEd mE”. The power that I have over your mind remains next level.  

H38FPTM.gif

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Ur agreeing by coming to my thread telling me I have personal problems? brit5  Fix your approach next time.  

Agreeing to the last statement you made about comparing a 6th album to a 17th album. Jesus dude. brit15

Edit: Also, expanding the narrative to me saying you "have personal problems" instead of what I actually said which was all the deep diving you do to explain your distaste for Gaga the arteest is your personal problem to work out. Now departing for Dramatica apparently. brit16

1 minute ago, harry said:

Agreeing to the last statement you made about comparing a 6th album to a 17th album. Jesus dude. brit15

btw love that he makes it seem like comparing the 17th album to a 6th album is ludicrous. but comparing the 16th album to the 6th album is so much better? dead2

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

And you think stanning a woman that doesn’t even sing on her own albums and is viewed as Pop’s comic relief gives u a superior angle because? brit9

Because she has released better pop music than Madonna ever has brit9 

4 minutes ago, melomelo said:

btw love that he makes it seem like comparing the 17th album to a 6th album is ludicrous. but comparing the 16th album to the 6th album is so much better? dead2

Yeah it's all silly numbers games that never appropriately align for any sort of fair comparison, which is why I was saying that ignoring overall legacy and achievement is pretty dumb. I don't know why that was so unclear. dead2

And then she's like OK LETS GO LEGACY COMPARISON and I'm just like.... I'm a Madonna fan as well. It makes their head explode when it's neither here nor there. ew2

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

No, it’s not. Because it’s unfair for Madonna. That’s the premise. Despite the comparison having Madonna on the disadvantage side, she still debuted with bigger numbers. And monsters still dragged her ass for years over it. That’s the point. So obvious it hurts to type sis 

A 6th album will perform better than an album you release much later in your career. Like you don’t need to go around saying those things out loud it’s a well established consensus 

14 minutes ago, melomelo said:

Let's do it. Madonna's legacy is what? Stunning visuals with subpar vocals? Pretty face with cute hits?

H38FPTM.gif

Gaga's legacy is being the one outlandish pop star that can actually sing. Oscar winner. Music video innovator. Superior songwriter. The list goes on.

H38FPTM.gif

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not tbh 

3 minutes ago, harry said:

Yeah it's all silly numbers games that never appropriately align for any sort of fair comparison, which is why I was saying that ignoring overall legacy and achievement is pretty dumb. I don't know why that was so unclear. dead2

And then she's like OK LETS GO LEGACY COMPARISON and I'm just like.... I'm a Madonna fan as well. It makes their head explode when it's neither here nor there. ew2

That’s cute but it ain’t the topic of the thread. Re-read the OP before you fake taking the high road 

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

No, it’s not. Because it’s unfair for Madonna. That’s the premise. Despite the comparison having Madonna on the disadvantage side, she still debuted with bigger numbers. And monsters still dragged her ass for years over it. That’s the point. So obvious it hurts to type sis 

A 6th album will perform better than an album you release much later in your career. Like you don’t need to go around saying those things out loud it’s a well established consensus 

No beb. i already stated that comparing ANY of their album sales or anything is stupid because their careers differ by TWO DECADES. That makes comparing their sales pointless because you have to adjust for inflation and for things like piracy and streaming. Also standards and units have changed.

Madonna comes from an era where there was no streaming and hardly any piracy. Hell there was probably none from 80s to early 2000s. Gaga debuted in the thick of piracy. Right when albums were going out. Not to mention streaming started to pick up years later.

Its so dumb to compare their sales figures now. You can to gloat and make fun of one or the other. But lets just be transparent is all. 

H38FPTM.gif

15 minutes ago, melomelo said:

H38FPTM.gif

Being a visionaire who changed the game on every single level (music, music videos, performances, branding, being a businesswoman,...) and upped the standards for literally every pop star who followed in her footsteps

H38FPTM.gif

18 minutes ago, melomelo said:

H38FPTM.gif

Sure, she's praised for her vocals but only until Adele releases some random vocal warm-up and people remember she's completely average again eve1

Literally no one credits her for innovating music videos, this isn't 2009 anymore. Same for being a songwriter, lol. Ever since she debuted it's been a joke among critics that the least exciting thing about Gaga as an act is in fact her music (which is 100% accurate, and reflected in the GP's appraisal of her marketing tactics yet not her actual releases) mad8 The Oscar was cute but when you combine everything I already said with that win it really makes her more of a public figure or a standard white celeb rather than a music artist people actually care about brit12 That will translate into a "legacy" how?

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

That’s cute but it ain’t the topic of the thread. Re-read the OP before you fake taking the high road 

But.... I'm ... not doubting Madonna's global sales prowess in 2012. It doesn't bother me. I was here for it. katy1

I was only responding to a specific reply with a general observation about specific comparisons vs career comparisons. katy1

"before you fake taking the high road" dead4 If I can't be labeled I must be a fake. gaga1

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

No beb. i already stated that comparing ANY of their album sales or anything is stupid because their careers differ by TWO DECADES. That makes comparing their sales pointless because you have to adjust for inflation and for things like piracy and streaming. Also standards and units have changed.

Madonna comes from an era where there was no streaming and hardly any piracy. Hell there was probably none from 80s to early 2000s. Gaga debuted in the thick of piracy. Right when albums were going out. Not to mention streaming started to pick up years later.

Its so dumb to compare their sales figures now. You can to gloat and make fun of one or the other. But lets just be transparent is 

Both albums leaked prior to their release. MDNA even earlier on. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.