Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

i wish you were gay

A non Xtina Stan reviewed BIONIC for it's 10th Anniversary

Yes, i'd generally agree. Bionic has some of my favourite songs, but the album as a whole is too long and a few of the songs are too long or feel out of place. 

20 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Yes, i'd generally agree. Bionic has some of my favourite songs, but the album as a whole is too long and a few of the songs are too long or feel out of place. 

I know and he was the one who actually opened my eyes about Desnudate  because it wasn't my favorite but after listening to it again after he said it was a bop, I changed my mind. It's just sad that Xtina released a ballad for her second single when she could have had a potential top ten hit with desnudate. 

11 minutes ago, Highlight! said:

I know and he was the one who actually opened my eyes about Desnudate  because it wasn't my favorite but after listening to it again after he said it was a bop, I changed my mind. It's just sad that Xtina released a ballad for her second single when she could have had a potential top ten hit with desnudate. 

Desnudate definitely had single potential. I think part of the issue with the album was that the Not Myself Tonight video was actually banned in many countries, so that really limited it's exposure. I would also agree that "Light & Darkness" as a title makes much more sense than Bionic as the "Bionic" concept does get lost on a few songs, where as Light & Darkness better reflects the contrasting tracks on the album. 

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

Desnudate definitely had single potential. I think part of the issue with the album was that the Not Myself Tonight video was actually banned in many countries, so that really limited it's exposure. I would also agree that "Light & Darkness" as a title makes much more sense than Bionic as the "Bionic" concept does get lost on a few songs, where as Light & Darkness better reflects the contrasting tracks on the album. 

And now we see more videos more provocative than NMT.

Light and Darkness was supposed to be an indie sounding along the lines of Birds of Prey and Monday Morning but RCA fucked it up and made her recrecord songs and of course filming burlseque somehow changed her outlook and she, I believe was told to record more mainstream songs.

If anything Bionic should've very well been a double album with the uptempo robotic tracks on Disc One called: The Robot and Disc two would contain more subtle songs such as I am, Lift Me Up, Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, You Lost Me and other recorded tracks that was failed to be included in the album and would rightfully called "The Woman" 

That way each listen won't throw you off. 

This actually what I did for my playlist: I of course changed the title and pretend that it's how she released her albums. 

Title: Birds of Prey

Genre: Electropop - Alternative - Folk - Country

Track Listing: 

1. Birds of Prey

2. Stronger Than Ever

3. Elastic Love

4. Dynamite

5. My Girls

6. Monday Morning

7. Keeps Gettin' Better

8. My Heart (Intro)

9.  All I Need

10. Little Dreamer

11.  You Lost Me

12. Say Something 

13. Shotgun 

14. Lift Me Up

15. I Am (Stripped)

Title: Bionic

Genre: Electropop

Track Listing: 

1. Bionic

2. Woohoo

3. Not Myself Tonight

4. Desnudate

5. Love and Glamour

6. Glam

7. Prima Donna

8. I Hate Boys

9. Morning Dessert

10. Sex For Breakfast

11. Vanity

She could have changed it up in many different ways. With the deluxe tracks and little dreamer, there was more than enough songs to divide into two cds. I do also love the Bionic album title. I would want her to keep that.

She could have played with the album artwork and had one cd as the robot (experimental electronic songs - elastic love, Glam, Bionic, Monday morning, birds of prey), and then the second cd being the humane / pop side of her (lift me up, I hate boys, I am, all I need). I think that would have worked better. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.