Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Revisiting 2008 Gaga

October 14, 2008. This was in Dallas, long before The Monster Ball Tour.
Just Dance was JUST slowly becoming a hit, Poker Face wasn't a thing, and no one knew who she was.

Hold on because this is gonna be a little cheesy.

Does anyone like to watch her performance videos from 2008 or early 2019?
Sometimes I do this and, as cheesy as it sounds, it helps me to remind me of the Gaga I fell in love with.
It's not that I don't like Gaga anymore. I still very much do (I still consider myself a stan, and Chromatica was pretty good), but my perspective of her has been clouded by so many things. The drama, the fandom wars, the controversies, the media, charts, sales, ARTPOP, etc.. so much has happened in the past 11 years and they keep making me forget WHY I fell in love with her to begin with.

Watching these videos help to remind me why.
It's just Gaga and her music. Without the drama, the stupid fan wars, everything. JUST Gaga.
Anyone else? Or do I just sound like I need to get shipped to GGD in a crate with a "Paws up mo✝her monster" sticker on it?
Do you have any favorite performances or moments from this period?
(2008-early 2009)

emote-selena.gif

yes, it really is obvious that gaga from 2015+ lacks the raw visionary drive that fueled so much of her earlier work giveup3 her work nowadays is still amazing but i do think her early output is kind of unparalleled

i mean come on giveup3 

1 minute ago, Merryem said:

yes, it really is obvious that gaga from 2015+ lacks the raw visionary drive that fueled so much of her earlier work giveup3 her work nowadays is still amazing but i do think her early output is kind of unparalleled

i mean come on giveup3 

UGH this fucking iconic performance giveup3 I kinda went crazy over this back then laughcry1 

Honestly I don't think there's any pop artist after her that have even came close to having this kind of energy & fire dead1 I miss it ngl giveup3

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Watched this again the other day too yas2 

It's kinda amazing how even though barely anyone knew who she was, she STILL performing like she was the biggest pop star on earthgiveup1 
That video also reminded me of this intro:

The way this left me shook.. iconic honestlygiveup3 someone commented that she should've used this at the Super Bowl.. I would have SCREAMED

53 minutes ago, Dan said:

This came up on my recommended the other day cry7 

37 minutes ago, Dan said:

Watched this again the other day too yas2 

low key scared because i did the same like a day ago. and both these vids showed up on my YT recommendeds... maybe our lives really are controlled by an AI algorithm... 200.gif

to the original post: i think she just became too big you know. she went from her only concern being writing music to running an empire- fragrances, movies, sponsorships, residency. she is an enterprise now- its no longer just about the music. she runs the world. im proud of her even if it makes me sad. :/

12 minutes ago, melomelo said:

to the original post: i think she just became too big you know. she went from her only concern being writing music to running an empire- fragrances, movies, sponsorships, residency. she is an enterprise now- its no longer just about the music. she runs the world. im proud of her even if it makes me sad. :/

Yeah exactly!! There's just so many things suddenly giveup1 
Like don't get me wrong, I'm proud of her. I'm happy for her, especially since she seems to be in a better place and overall happier now. But it's so hard to focus on JUST her now, and that is sometimes a double-edged sword giveup1 

PS: the video in the OP & the IKEA performance video came on my YT recommended too, for days even. They wouldn't go away..  laughcry1 

54 minutes ago, Snow said:

It's kinda amazing how even though barely anyone knew who she was, she STILL performing like she was the biggest pop star on earthgiveup1 
That video also reminded me of this intro:

The way this left me shook.. iconic honestlygiveup3 someone commented that she should've used this at the Super Bowl.. I would have SCREAMED

this is literally HERSTORY giveup3 "my name is la-dy GA-GA....and this...is my...HOUSE" whew the world was literally never the same

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah exactly!! There's just so many things suddenly giveup1 
Like don't get me wrong, I'm proud of her. I'm happy for her, especially since she seems to be in a better place and overall happier now. But it's so hard to focus on JUST her now, and that is sometimes a double-edged sword giveup1 

PS: the video in the OP & the IKEA performance video came on my YT recommended too, for days even. They wouldn't go away..  laughcry1 

same .. giphy.gif

Oh my gosh! I still remember Just Dance smashing the radio and suddenly "Lady Gaga" being a household name. It was a really exciting time for music. For some reason I remembered the song smashing in the summer of '08 — perhaps it was actually '09 since it took long to reach the top. I also remembered the longevity of Paparazzi and how long it stayed on the charts and how much the radio played it! Ugh, I adored The Fame and The Fame Monster era. I'm so happy I was able to experience late 00s pop music, it really was so exciting and fun.

10 hours ago, melomelo said:

low key scared because i did the same like a day ago. and both these vids showed up on my YT recommendeds... maybe our lives really are controlled by an AI algorithm... 

LMAOOOO that is crazy (and very strange how these old ass videos appear for everyone from ages ago)..

200.gif

9 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Oh my gosh! I still remember Just Dance smashing the radio and suddenly "Lady Gaga" being a household name. It was a really exciting time for music. For some reason I remembered the song smashing in the summer of '08 — perhaps it was actually '09 since it took long to reach the top. I also remembered the longevity of Paparazzi and how long it stayed on the charts and how much the radio played it! Ugh, I adored The Fame and The Fame Monster era. I'm so happy I was able to experience late 00s pop music, it really was so exciting and fun.

Paparazzi still is like my favorite song of all time and I remember obsessing over the MV cry7  and being so happy whenever it came on the radio on the bus cry7 

9 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Ugh YES! Watching and following Gaga's rise to superstardom has been like one of the most satisfying things honestly giveup1 
2008-2012 pop music were the best for me I think, everything and everyone was better and more exciting giveup3  

2008 - 2009

Was such a great time for music, I was in love with Gaga when she first came out, she has grown so much since, as an artist performer, everything 

2008 was the peak of pop music 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.