Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Have you ever listened to a Madonna album in full?

Have you ever listened to a Madonna album in full?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever listened to a Madonna album in full?

2 hours ago, pang said:

yes but they're, as stated, filled with filler. a lot of awful songs. just recently got through listening to Like a Prayer in full for the final time and it's bad.

It didn't have many dance songs to bop i guess.

4i66yG3.gif

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of gays care mostly about 'bops' and looks and nothing else. Even after they turn 20. I know people who really think Bitch I'm Madonna is better than Pray for Spanish Eyes and Oh Father. Honestly sad.

4i66yG3.gif

9 hours ago, STJ said:

b703fa79ad5cee133c689169deeb74b1.gif

She has tons of good songs, unfortunately, like mariah, I prefer it if someone without a grating™ voice sang them. 

Not the same comment again coming from someone who likes Taylor Swift and Britney Spears, two artist that don't have the strongest voice in the industry.

giggle-shrug.gif

1 minute ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Not the same comment again coming from someone who likes Taylor Swift and Britney Spears, two artist that don't have the strongest voice in the industry.

giggle-shrug.gif

They don't sound good live, but at least on the recordings they sound good hottie1 Can't say the same for Madonna though

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Because Taylor's catty vocals on her early albums sound more pleasant than Madonna's voice in songs like this carla1

I have no problems with Madonna when she uses this voice like in this song and others like Frozen, The power of goodbyes, La isla bonita etc. 

But when she uses that screechy voice in Material girl, like a virgin, papa don't preach and holiday, it's unlistenable.

847c7070-f2bd-0132-f10b-0ed54733f8f5.gif

44 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

It didn't have many dance songs to bop i guess.

4i66yG3.gif

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of gays care mostly about 'bops' and looks and nothing else. Even after they turn 20. I know people who really think Bitch I'm Madonna is better than Pray for Spanish Eyes and Oh Father. Honestly sad.

4i66yG3.gif

i don't care about if a song is a bop or not lol. so odd. 

i like plenty of Madonna's songs that aren't dance-centric. brit4

8 minutes ago, STJ said:

I have no problems with Madonna when she uses this voice like in this song and others like Frozen, The power of goodbyes, La isla bonita etc. 

But when she uses that screechy voice in Material girl, like a virgin, papa don't preach and holiday, it's unlistenable.

The backtracking rih6

19 hours ago, Gabe. said:

what even now

i meant pop as in popular, not the actual genre. what i also meant was that if you listen to someone like bad bunny... ma'am... no room for u to critique what is bad! 

5 hours ago, STJ said:

well, those songs are from her debut and follow up albums.. her voice matured as she grew older that's why she has a deeper tone now compared to how she was singing at the beginning of the 80s. the progression on madonna's voice from her self-titled to like a prayer was massive

13 hours ago, Strobo said:

No one's mad, it's just...

This is a pop forum... Y'all act like Madonna is some sort of disposable has been when she is the Queen of Pop. The Immaculate Collection is like... A must listen if you're a fan of pop (and it's a compilation). Being proud of not listening to one of the most influential female figures in pop music while stanning people directly influenced by her just seems silly imo

clock them!

On 6/25/2020 at 9:20 AM, STJ said:

Actually people who knew music history, know it's not madonna who was the pioneer of pop, but Ms Grace Jones oprah7:

Why Grace Jones was the most pioneering queen of pop

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200619-why-grace-jones-was-the-most-pioneering-queen-of-pop

Grace Jones is definitely an underrated icon and a pioneer.

But did you even read the article? Or listen to her discography? interesting1 She isn't pop in general. Yes, there are pop sensibilities in her music and two of her albums are close to pop music, but her being a pioneer has nothing to do with pop.

That article even mentioned artists who have Grace Jones vibe.

Madonna definitely was one of the  pioneers when it comes to pop music as we know.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:18 PM, STJ said:

Papa Don't Preach has different vocals.

6 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

Grace Jones is definitely an underrated icon and a pioneer.

But did you even read the article? Or listen to her discography? interesting1 She isn't pop in general. Yes, there are pop sensibilities in her music and two of her albums are close to pop music, but her being a pioneer has nothing to do with pop.

That article even mentioned artists who have Grace Jones vibe.

Madonna definitely was one of the  pioneers when it comes to pop music as we know.

She has many genres mixed into her music, but basically that's what pop is... a genre that borrows from many other genres. Her sound also has those uppity dance beats that pop music is mostly known for.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.