Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Does Britney have the most iconic performances of all time?

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I honestly haven’t encountered a single person (and 70% of my friends are gay and around the ages of 18-25) who knows about the slave 4 u performance tbh, but Ik it’s obv iconic. 

Erm...  Blond Ambition Tour? brit12  That is hands down the most iconic and important Pop concert ever. 

in the same vein, literally not a single person i know has heard of or knows of what the "blond ambition" tour is brit12 

meanwhile, everyone has watched beychella brit12 

3 minutes ago, Merryem said:

in the same vein, literally not a single person i know has heard of or knows of what the "blond ambition" tour is brit12 

people study blonde ambition tour in college courses because of the introduction of many pioneering performance techniques she helped introduce... brit4

stop trying to discredit madonna.

• Britney definitely has some iconic performances, but I'm not sure it's the most. I can't name a specific one off the top of my head besides these two. 
  • Anyone claiming Beychella or a "Shallow" performance is iconic, is deluded. Maybe people will remember the name 'Beychella' in a decade, but def not the concert. Nothing related to "Shallow" will be remembered in a couple years.
  • Madonna stans are also deluded. Yes, she had iconic VMA gigs, similar to Britney, but her tours aren't famous. Nobody under the age of 30 would have an answer if you asked them what Blonde Ambition was.
3 minutes ago, melomelo said:

people study blonde ambition tour in college courses because of the introduction of many pioneering performance techniques she helped introduce... brit4

stop trying to discredit madonna.

umm i dont care brit12 

13 minutes ago, melomelo said:

But I have yet to see the impact. What was the impact? um1

what impact did Bradley and Gaga's peformance have other than the one to bradley's marriage? um1 

1 hour ago, melomelo said:

Honestly does Beyonce even have an iconic performance? I think the most iconic performances was the baby bump one. There's never been a performance of hers that people couldn't stop talking about.

Beychella talked about 2 years later and it was an iconic 2 hour concert not a 3 min performance. Now that's a cultural reset. 

18 minutes ago, Merryem said:

Just like everyone knew Madonna’s tour in the 90’s. It’s a different standard and you know it. Unless you’re arguing that your average Joe is going to know about Beychella in 2050? brit12

But in terms of cultural significance and impact? Sis are you high brit12 Truth or Dare movie? The cone bra? The controversial performances? The beef with the Pope even cheryl1 It was a cultural shift and literally all critics note that. 

And if it means anything 

Beychella (full)- 1.1m views 

BA tour (full) - 4.5m views 

11 minutes ago, tomás said:

what impact did Bradley and Gaga's peformance have other than the one to bradley's marriage? um1 

their song went #1. after spending months on the chart the song never reached #1 even with the release of the film and the soundtrack. this performance alone shot it to the top of the charts. the buzz it generated lit multiple social media sites on fire. 

it was named on of the best performances in recent memory of the oscars. years from now it will be be cited as one of the best performances in oscar history. last one is a prediction on my behalf, so bookmark me. mad3

8 minutes ago, Venom said:
  • Anyone claiming Beychella or a "Shallow" performance is iconic, is deluded. Maybe people will remember the name 'Beychella' in a decade, but def not the concert. Nothing related to "Shallow" will be remembered in a couple years.

except people will brit12 every news source on the planet, from breitbart to even fucking dictionary.com have labeled the performance iconic, historic, unparalleled. a celebration of black culture outimpacting every one of our faves' performances, we do love to see it ❤️

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

their song went #1. after spending months on the chart the song never reached #1 even with the release of the album and the soundtrack. this performance alone shot it to the top of the charts. the buzz it generated lit multiple social media sites on fire. 

it was named on of the best performances in recent memory of the oscars. years from now it will be be cited as one of the best performances in oscar history. last one is a prediction on my behalf, so bookmark me. mad3

i thought you meant impact as in on other people mad1 i doubt the performance was the only thing to boost the songs though surely the oscar wins helped as well

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

Beychella talked about 2 years later and it was an iconic 2 hour concert not a 3 min performance. Now that's a cultural reset. 

it was not a cultural reset. stop calling everything she does a cultural reset. she could take a shit in central park and you guys would call it a cultural reset. smh

as far as i have seen the reason it was heavily praised was because of HBC culture and Black Greek life. and to this day no one has been influenced enough to use those elements again.

she got an HBO special, gaga got that too. 

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Just like everyone knew Madonna’s tour in the 90’s. It’s a different standard and you know it. Unless you’re arguing that your average Joe is going to know about Beychella in 2050? brit12

But in terms of cultural significance and impact? Sis are you high brit12 Truth or Dare movie? The cone bra? The controversial performances? The beef with the Pope even cheryl1 It was a cultural shift and literally all critics note that. 

And if it means anything 

Beychella (full)- 1.1m views 

BA tour (full) - 4.5m views 

just repeating what you said about your friends not knowing the britney performance brit12 just because my friends or your friends dont know a performance doesn't mean it's not iconic brit12

i predict beychella to be just as well known if not more then the blonde ambition tour in 2050 brit12 again no one in the younger generations is aware of the movie, the cone bra, or the controversial performances brit12 the only cultural pope beef that still remains relevant today is sinead o'connor on SNL brit12 

and youtube views don't mean anything, beychella is literally on netflix in HQ brit12 a shitty phone recording upload on youtube isnt an apt comparison

I can't believe so many people here claim to be pop culture stans and aren't even aware of what's going on inside of it. How can you not know Britney's snake performance or the impact of Beychella or Madonna's Like a Virgin performances ? Are you just obtuse bcuz it's not your fave and you dont wanna admit it? How can you claim you never  saw the impact of Beychella when it was all over the news and social media and still is. And after that concert she was even compared with the likes of Michael Jackson. 

I wasn't even a Madonna fan when I knew about the importance of her first VMA performance. 

2 minutes ago, tomás said:

i thought you meant impact as in on other people mad1 i doubt the performance was the only thing to boost the songs though surely the oscar wins helped as well

yes, there are different forms of impact. and well, if we look at it from your perspective. you are right.

and honestly this whole argument has shifted from iconic to impact.

anything can be iconic but not necessarily impactful. so i stand by shallow being iconic. and so beychella can also be iconic. 

I'd say Britney has those two performances be really iconic for completely opposite reasons, but I would hardly say it's the most. The most iconic moment from the VMAs ever was the Like a Virgin/Hollywood thing she did with Christina and Madonna.

And if you want to credit Britney for that too, sure but it also means you need to give Madonna credit which we all know you won't so hottie1

4 minutes ago, melomelo said:

it was not a cultural reset. stop calling everything she does a cultural reset. she could take a shit in central park and you guys would call it a cultural reset. smh

as far as i have seen the reason it was heavily praised was because of HBC culture and Black Greek life. and to this day no one has been influenced enough to use those elements again.

she got an HBO special, gaga got that too. 

HBC culture actually become more popular after Beychella and more common in performances. Just last year Taylor Swift used it in her Me performance but that isn't Beyonce's influence right? 

5 minutes ago, Gravity said:

HBC culture actually become more popular after Beychella and more common in performances. Just last year Taylor Swift used it in her Me performance but that isn't Beyonce's influence right? 

Can we stop pretending Beyonce Knowles was the inventor of marching bands rip1 

6 minutes ago, Gravity said:

ok that counts i guess. if i recall correctly though, did Taylor use BLACK college culture? i assume the  groundbreaking thing about Beyonce's coachella performance is because there's 0000.00 representation of BLACK college life. college culture is more often attributed to asians and whites. very seldom to minorities like blacks, even though there is a very solid history of black majority colleges and the battles black people had to fight to get college education. idk i am thinking out loud. 

Anyway now that this convo has shifted on what iconic is I'd say an iconic performance is one that is featured in documentaries about pop culture and music history repeatedly and is cited as an influence. I've seen plenty of Madonna's and Britney's having that. Never seen any of Gaga's performance being mentioned but the things I watched were admittedly from the 2000s so i guess they gotta make new documentaries to see.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.