Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Beyoncé spent less weeks top 10 on BB200 than Gaga, Britney & Taylor. Surprised?

1 hour ago, melomelo said:

It shouldn't be a shock. No one buys Rihanna's albums. 

ANTi spent 33 weeks top 10 on BB 200

That’s more weeks than:

The Fame Monster - 5 weeks 

BTW - 4 weeks

Joanne - 4 weeks 

ASIB - 26 weeks 

wub1wub1 

9 hours ago, Michael. said:

No, we're only counting solo Beyoncé.

It's not shocking at all, Rihanna has been considered a single artist all of her career while Beyoncé

has marketed herself as an album artist for the past years.

tournament] ATRL's Song Contest 14: Winner announced (p. 343 ...

And that's why I can't say I'm surprised. I really don't considering any album Beyonce released before self-titled as part of her "album artist" title. Dangerously in Love through to 4 were pop albums that just did what pop albums do, and she didn't bother too much with making them stand out as any sort of statement. So I'm not shocked by her number in comparison to some others. As for why Taylor has so much more, really that's always kind of been her forte since Fearless. People lost their shit for each album and likely will continue to. 

15 hours ago, Michael. said:

The gap wouldn't be as big if I included more girls, but I counted Beyoncé's peers mostly.

Here's the Billboard 200 chart history for all FOTP faves:

1. Mariah Carey - 221 weeks top 10

2. Taylor Swift - 198 weeks top 10

3. Madonna - 150 weeks top 10

4. Britney Spears - 107 weeks top 10

5. Lady Gaga - 102 weeks weeks top 10 (including Chromatica so far) 

6. Beyoncé - 85 weeks top 10

7. Rihanna - 75 weeks top 10

8. Christina Aguilera - 42 weeks top 10

9. Ariana Grande - 41 weeks top 10

10. Katy Perry - 29 weeks top 10

11. Lana Del Rey - 11 weeks top 10

tournament] ATRL's Song Contest 14: Winner announced (p. 343 ...

katy only having 29 weeks MUST be wrong omg rip4 literally how is that possible

8 hours ago, Michael. said:

ANTi spent 33 weeks top 10 on BB 200

That’s more weeks than:

The Fame Monster - 5 weeks 

BTW - 4 weeks

Joanne - 4 weeks 

ASIB - 26 weeks 

wub1wub1 

Cute how you didn't mention The Fame. Rihanna also has how many albums? 8, 2 more than Gaga. Idk how you can paint this is any way that can make it seem like Rihanna comes out on top. 

Lady Gaga stomped Rihanna out of the top 10 in the 200 album charts when she popped out on the scene. 

Since Gaga's decline now they are more on even playing field. Although Rihanna really doesn't have to contend to losing too much since she never takes risks musically. :)

1 hour ago, melomelo said:

Cute how you didn't mention The Fame. Rihanna also has how many albums? 8, 2 more than Gaga. Idk how you can paint this is any way that can make it seem like Rihanna comes out on top. 

Lady Gaga stomped Rihanna out of the top 10 in the 200 album charts when she popped out on the scene. 

Since Gaga's decline now they are more on even playing field. Although Rihanna really doesn't have to contend to losing too much since she never takes risks musically. :)

Are you acting stupid? 

The point is to show that the majority of the weeks she spent in the top 10 come from the fame, and that the rest of her albums were FRONTLOADED.

And NO, Gaga has had several side projects such as ASIB and Cheek to Cheek that are counted. So it’s the same number as Rihanna.

Rihanna has STOMPED on Gaga since Born This Way which spent 4 weeks in the top 10, so no they’re not even whatsoever. :) 

Not to mention, Rihanna would only need 1 album to surpass Gaga since ANTi alone spent 33 weeks in the top 10. That’s what happens when you are able to transition successfully into streaming. wub1 

13 hours ago, Michael. said:

Are you acting stupid? 

The point is to show that the majority of the weeks she spent in the top 10 come from the fame, and that the rest of her albums were FRONTLOADED.

And NO, Gaga has had several side projects such as ASIB and Cheek to Cheek that are counted. So it’s the same number as Rihanna.

Rihanna has STOMPED on Gaga since Born This Way which spent 4 weeks in the top 10, so no they’re not even whatsoever. :) 

Not to mention, Rihanna would only need 1 album to surpass Gaga since ANTi alone spent 33 weeks in the top 10. That’s what happens when you are able to transition successfully into streaming. wub1 

If that was your point you did it poorly. Nowhere did you state you were excluding the The Fame. But I don't blame you for doing it. Any other way and Rihanna doesn't really compare. tehe1

Gaga's top two albums are 51 weeks and 26 weeks. Rihanna's is 33 weeks. Yes, Rihanna would only need one more album. Which would put her at 9 albums compared to Gaga's 6. 

Yes, Rihanna transitioned beautifully into the streaming era. Remind me, which song of hers hit 1 billion streams? tehe1

I might be acting stupid. But you, you're not acting. tehe1 

17 minutes ago, melomelo said:

If that was your point you did it poorly. Nowhere did you state you were excluding the The Fame. But I don't blame you for doing it. Any other way and Rihanna doesn't really compare. tehe1

Gaga's top two albums are 51 weeks and 26 weeks. Rihanna's is 33 weeks. Yes, Rihanna would only need one album more album. Which would put her at 9 albums compared to Gaga's 6. 

Yes, Rihanna transitioned beautifully into the streaming era. Remind me, which song of hers hit 1 billion streams? tehe1

Rihanna's last major release was like in 2016 dead7 a 2020 Rihanna single would murder any Chromatica song streaming wise and you know it. 

4 hours ago, melomelo said:

Gaga's top two albums are 51 weeks and 26 weeks. Rihanna's is 33 weeks. Yes, Rihanna would only need one album more album. Which would put her at 9 albums compared to Gaga's 6. 

Girl. Don’t act dumb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.