Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Your Fave's Albums That Could (Not) Have Been Made By Another FOTP Girl

i dont see any pop girl pulling off BTW, AP, and even TF/M ( i dont see any major pop girl singing and pulling off songs like bad romance or dance in the dark.. its just not realistic) 

5 minutes ago, Gilly said:

i dont see any pop girl pulling off BTW, AP, and even TF/M ( i dont see any major pop girl singing and pulling off songs like bad romance or dance in the dark.. its just not realiatic) 

clap1 

5 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

No one could make a Lana Del Rey album and that's why they're pressed.

wZ9atHj.gif

Madonna's 80s album, Ray of Light, Music, American Life.

wZ9atHj.gif 

You forgot Erotica and Madame X.

cBiUmTA.gif

RH, HC and MDNA could have been done by many other pop girls like Britney. There are some exceptions on those albums. oprah14 

1 minute ago, STJ said:

Back to basics. The faves (that could sing) can do the songs, just not as good as Xtina, you need power, clarity and agility to do that "heeeyyyyy" note in Ain't No Other Man.

It doesn't have to be about vocals, I was thinking more about the style.

No other pop girl is doing Blackout. Those beats and production was made for Britney's sultry and kittenish vocals. Plus how it perfectly fit the situation around her life.

Also no one else can do Stripped other than Xtina. That was a very personal album and the lyrics come from her experiences. And I feel like she represented feminism the best before it was cool to to do so.

Just now, SeekingThrill said:

You forgot Erotica and Madame X.

cBiUmTA.gif 

Idk about Erotica, maybe. I can imagine Britney or Katy singing Bye Bye Baby for example. None of the FOTP faves would've dare to release an album that provocative if it wasn't Madonna to open the doors tho.

wZ9atHj.gif

As for Madame X, i agree. Most of the faves are scared to try new, different music and explore other cultures as Madonna does.

wZ9atHj.gif

I can't see another female artist doing Anti. Imagine someone like Katy, Lana or Taylor singing Work, Consideration or even LOTB. That's right, you can't rih4

32 minutes ago, Luca said:

Sweetener alex1 

This!! No other pop star singing songs like GIAW, Breathin, GAG or NTLTC like Ari ari3

9 hours ago, Lynk said:

I can't see another female artist doing Anti. Imagine someone like Katy, Lana or Taylor singing Work, Consideration or even LOTB. That's right, you can't rih4

This!! No other pop star singing songs like GIAW, Breathin, GAG or NTLTC like Ari ari3

Beyonce could out-do ANTI lol

I know I'm coming across like I hate Rihanna but I don't. I love her music. She's funny as hell. But to think her music is catered to her is silly. She's like Britney. A lot of her songs are often offered to other more accomplished artists. 

She holds writing camps for her albums. It's not like Mariah where Mariah would have a melody, chorus, or verse in her head and bring it to Walter Afanasieff to help with fleshing out the song. 

Rihanna is the definition of a commercial artist. 

Some of y'all are missing the point talking about vocal ability.

OP pretty much asked which of your favs albums have so much of their personality in them that it couldn't possibly have been done by someone else.

Anyways prime Madonna and Janet feel very uniquely them, which you kind of have to be to have been someone in the 80s. So many throwaway sounds and artists doing the same thing from that decade.

Madonna has more than a few albums anyone could do though, some lyrical content aside. I love Hard Candy but Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake really claimed those sounds. MDNA could've been a Britney album. Rebel Heart feels the result of EVERY artist she's influenced and kind of is a mess for that. Madame X is very much hers tho.

And Janet... If her Superbowl performance didn't kill her momentum, that mid 00s streak definitely did some gems aside. We also don't know her first two albums.

7 hours ago, melomelo said:

Beyonce could out-do ANTI lol

I know I'm coming across like I hate Rihanna but I don't. I love her music. She's funny as hell. But to think her music is catered to her is silly. She's like Britney. A lot of her songs are often offered to other more accomplished artists. 

She holds writing camps for her albums. It's not like Mariah where Mariah would have a melody, chorus, or verse in her head and bring it to Walter Afanasieff to help with fleshing out the song. 

Rihanna is the definition of a commercial artist. 

Why do people think Rihanna is some kind of industry puppet with no vision or any input in what her music should sound like? Beyonce couldn't "outdo" Anti. You can't tell me that Beyonce or any other popstar in 2016 was doing songs like Woo, Consideration, Sex With Me, Desperado or Work. Every mainstream artist nowadays get offered nowadays by other artists. Pop stars like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Katy Perry are sometimes offered songs by writers, often taking the song and putting their own spin on it. Based on your logic, every single mainstream pop star is a "commercial artist".

Nobody could have made any Kate Bush's albums. Her music is immaculately hers.

Nobody could have made any Prince albums. His music is his and his only. Some have been inspired to make songs that sounded similar to his songs though.

Mariah's music could have been made by other artists, especially her earliest albums, but starting from Daydream to Caution her music has become her signature sounds...sans Glitter because that one was Emotions all over again, meaning that she was inspired to make songs that would sound like popular music from the previous decades.

The only Madonna's albums that could have been made by other artists are eponymous debut, Bedtime Stories (Mariah literally made a better version of that with Butterfly), Ray of Light (itself was a replica of Björk's Homogenic and Kylie's 1994 + Impossible Princess), Confessions on a Dance Floor (literally could have been made by any Eurodance artists, though would be without Madge's unique lyricism), MDNA, and Rebel Heart. The others are uniquely Madonna's.

Anybody could have made Kylie's first four albums. Her other albums, though mainly stayed in pop sensibility, are unique to her personality and voice. Sometimes I could even imagine it was Kylie's voice singing Toxic instead of Britney because Britney's vocal delivery sounded too similar to Kylie on the entire Body Language.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.