Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Madonna's 'Sorry' shits on FN & Chromatica

It is really quite stunning how fresh and powerful this production sound still is, especially since it's a genre revival project lol3 Fifteen years ago, people. And this could be released today to massive acclaim. Can we say that in 2035 about any of the musical projects of her "successors"? gaga6

6 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It is really quite stunning how fresh and powerful this production sound still is, especially since it's a genre revival project lol3 Fifteen years ago, people. And this could be released today to massive acclaim. Can we say that in 2035 about any of the musical projects of her "successors"? gaga6

Would the certified queen of reactions lie creep1

I don't know about Chromatica but certainly not all of Future Nostalgia. That album is too damn good. That album is pop gold honestly

tenor.gif?itemid=16706463

Definitely not. Jump on the other hand. cry7

Sorry always felt like it was the rough draft version of Hung Up. And they kept it in as filler cause it was still catchy enough. 

51 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I used to like Sorry but I've kinda lost interest in it now.

Hung Up shits on Gags entire discography however. ny9

As if. Poker Face is the song Madonna waited her entire artistic career to record and never did. tehe1

Still not getting the hype behind FN. It's a really solid album and definitely worthy of its acclaim, it's just so one note vocally. Guess, it's just me. shrug1

1 hour ago, melomelo said:

As if. Poker Face is the song Madonna waited her entire artistic career to record and never did. tehe1

Poker Face along with much of The Fame (Monster) sounds dated. Whereas the production and ABBA sample used on Hung Up is classic. 

Many of the biggest albums and songs from the 2008-11 era have aged terribly, especially the more electronic oriented stuff. 

5 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Poker Face along with much of The Fame (Monster) sounds dated. Whereas the production and ABBA sample used on Hung Up is classic. 

Many of the biggest albums and songs from the 2008-11 era have aged terribly, especially the more electronic oriented stuff. 

That is your opinion. But dated sounds came back and gave rise to the likes of Just Dance, Poker Face, Tik Told, California Girlz, the sound of that era you listed.

It's so funny when I see people call things dated because everyone knows styles cycle through decades, that includes music. Many considered ABBA'S sound dated (disco), and Madonna literally copied and pasted a synth riff (with legal permission) and shot it to #1. 

So although your clearly biased opinion is valid like how my opinion is, neither is fact. What I meant is that Madonna waited to record a song that had the monumental commercial success Poker Face did and she never did. Not even Hung Up measures up. Because unless I am mistake Madonna never had a song as successful as Poker Face. And that is a fact. 

14 hours ago, melomelo said:

This is the path that got me. jj4 

16 hours ago, melomelo said:

That is your opinion. But dated sounds came back and gave rise to the likes of Just Dance, Poker Face, Tik Told, California Girlz, the sound of that era you listed.

It's so funny when I see people call things dated because everyone knows styles cycle through decades, that includes music. Many considered ABBA'S sound dated (disco), and Madonna literally copied and pasted a synth riff (with legal permission) and shot it to #1. 

So although your clearly biased opinion is valid like how my opinion is, neither is fact. What I meant is that Madonna waited to record a song that had the monumental commercial success Poker Face did and she never did. Not even Hung Up measures up. Because unless I am mistake Madonna never had a song as successful as Poker Face. And that is a fact. 

Indeed it is my opinion, actually on that note Just Dance and TiK ToK sound dated too, California Gurls less so. Not all songs from that era sound dated, many of them are what i could call period fitting. That is to say that they fit their time, but are still enjoyable today. I cannot say i enjoy listening to Poker Face, despite prepubescent me being obsessed with it back in 2009. Likewise in the case of the Abba sample and Hung Up they also sound period fitting rather than dated. While Hung Up does sample the Abba song the production and arrangement is entirely different so the argument and point you've made is flawed. 

Having an opinion does not make it biased. Bias would be saying that all of Gagas music sounds dated (which i haven't) and then saying no Madonna song sounds dated. In actual fact when it comes to Madonna i think the whole American Life album, Music (song) and Give It To Me have aged poorly and are somewhat dated. Go to a club, pub, supermarket. Anywhere that plays music in the background, i can guarantee you're far more likely to hear Hung Up than Poker Face. Poker Face may have been bigger at the time of it's release, but Hung Up has endured and stood the test of time, the same can't be said for Poker Face. 

xtina4

5 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Indeed it is my opinion, actually on that note Just Dance and TiK ToK sound dated too, California Gurls less so. Not all songs from that era sound dated, many of them are what i could call period fitting. That is to say that they fit their time, but are still enjoyable today. I cannot say i enjoy listening to Poker Face, despite prepubescent me being obsessed with it back in 2009. Likewise in the case of the Abba sample and Hung Up they also sound period fitting rather than dated. While Hung Up does sample the Abba song the production and arrangement is entirely different so the argument and point you've made is flawed. 

Having an opinion does not make it biased. Bias would be saying that all of Gagas music sounds dated (which i haven't) and then saying no Madonna song sounds dated. In actual fact when it comes to Madonna i think the whole American Life album, Music (song) and Give It To Me have aged poorly and are somewhat dated. Go to a club, pub, supermarket. Anywhere that plays music in the background, i can guarantee you're far more likely to hear Hung Up than Poker Face. Poker Face may have been bigger at the time of it's release, but Hung Up has endured and stood the test of time, the same can't be said for Poker Face. 

xtina4

Are you saying Hard Candy didn't age but Music did? Music production sounds fresh.

GvAOM2E.gif

3 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Are you saying Hard Candy didn't age but Music did? Music production sounds fresh.

GvAOM2E.gif

I don't remember all of Hard Candy that well enough to comment, so i just said that song specifically. Music i was just referring to the song not the album, it's a very typical 2000 era production even though it bops and is a classic. 

32 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I don't remember all of Hard Candy that well enough to comment, so i just said that song specifically. Music i was just referring to the song not the album, it's a very typical 2000 era production even though it bops and is a classic. 

Gurl... whatari9

17 hours ago, melomelo said:

Madonna was selling singles in times when you had to physically get out and buy them. Gaga released her most successful singles when digital downloads + fad ringtone sales were at their prime. Completely different climates. Madonna sold over 50 million albums from greatest hits (which, surprise surprise, are compiled of her hits!) sales alone. That's not counting parent albums sales + the sales of the actual singles. 

Gaga doesn't have a song as big as LAP / LAV / Vogue sis. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.