Lynk

Would your fave be successful if they debuted in different periods in music?

Self explanatory really. Do  you think fave(s) be more, less or equally as successful if they debuted during different eras in music? Talk about why they would or wouldn't.

By the way:

80s & 90s --> 00s & 10s (and vise versa)

60s & 70s --> 80s & 90s (and vise versa)

for Christina yes, absolutely. she would've been right at home if she debuted in the late 80s/early 90s much like other vocal prodigies of that time.

9 minutes ago, melomelo said:

can you imagine if Gaga had debuted in the 80s... 

She'd fit right in. It was during that time where everyone was "shaking the table". Gaga would be really loved but also really hated since she would be such a drastic change from what people are used to

5 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Madonna. 

Should've known based on who quoted you rip4. Madonna would've been just fine in the 2010s. In fact, I think a good number of legendary acts from the 80s would've had very successful careers in the 2000s and 2010s

16 hours ago, Lynk said:

Should've known based on who quoted you rip4. Madonna would've been just fine in the 2010s. In fact, I think a good number of legendary acts from the 80s would've had very successful careers in the 2000s and 2010s

i'd kinda argue against that but i'm not sure which acts are you specifically referring to. the 2000s saw the rise of urban/hip-hop in its first half of the decade while EDM kinda took over its later years. i don't really see the 80s acts fitting in the 2000s but they'd have maybe a better shot in the 10s although i'm not sure either.

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

i'd kinda argue against that but i'm not sure which acts are you specifically referring to. the 2000s saw the rise of urban/hip-hop in its first half of the decade while EDM kinda took over its later years. i don't really see the 80s acts fitting in the 2000s but they'd have maybe a better shot in the 10s although i'm not sure either.

Well since the late 80s and early 90s was the golden age of hip hop music, acts like NWA, Tupac, etc would've arguably been bigger than they were in the 80s and 90s. R&B also saw tremendous growth in the 90s so R&B singers would've been just fine if they debuted in the 2000s. Not too sure about the 2010s though since R&B and Gangster Rap have fallen to the side during the 2010s. Concious rap artists and groups would strive though (look at Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole's success in recent years). Dance acts from the 90s are very iffy to me though cause I don't know if they could survive in the late 2000s and early 2010s when EDM was at its peak.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for Christina yes, absolutely. she would've been right at home if she debuted in the late 80s/early 90s much like other vocal prodigies of that time.

Should've known based on who quoted you . Madonna would've been just fine in the 2010s. In fact, I think a good number of legendary acts from the 80s would've had very successful careers in the 2000s

I think Austin would have been more successful if he debuted before Justin as too many people comapred them and I think that hurt his success in his career, living in JB's shadow

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.