Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Unsolved Mysteries (2020) | Now Streaming On Netflix

Unsolved Mysteries is an American mystery documentary television program, created by John Cosgrove and Terry Dunn Meurer. Documenting cold cases and paranormalphenomena, it began as a series of seven specials, presented by Raymond Burr, Karl Malden, and Robert Stack, beginning on NBCon January 20, 1987, becoming a full-fledged series on October 5, 1988, hosted by Stack. After nine seasons on NBC, the series moved to CBS for its 10th season on November 13, 1997. After adding Virginia Madsen as a co-host during season 11 failed to boost slipping ratings, CBS canceled the series after only a two-season, 12-episode run on June 11, 1999. The series was revived by Lifetime in 2000, with season 12 beginning on July 2, 2001. Unsolved Mysteries aired 103 episodes on Lifetime, before ending on September 20, 2002, an end that coincided with Stack's illness and eventual death.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzPvNpTZAPFATgMCrDWvp

Currently watching gaga1

It's terrible that these families will never get answers. The only ones I haven't watched are the UFO one because I thought those episodes were always silly, and the last one  tay2

1. I think that someone from the firm murdered him (the best friend) and staged his murder. If the hotel is near the firm, I would think they'd have connections about how to get in. But there are some other theories - https://www.newsweek.com/unsolved-mysteries-rey-rivera-note-letter-clues-game-netflix-1515283

2. Definitely think the husband did it somehow. He has manipulative psycho tendencies. 

3. Xavier is still alive.

4. I think there was definitely a cover-up. Someone who worked for the police / KBI helped hide his murder. It's physically not possible they could've searched the area for over a month and not have found anything. And there's no way his body wouldn't have not decomposed. We saw how Ray Rivera's body was gone after 8 days. 

On 7/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Infrared said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I think that someone from the firm murdered him (the best friend) and staged his murder. If the hotel is near the firm, I would think they'd have connections about how to get in. But there are some other theories - https://www.newsweek.com/unsolved-mysteries-rey-rivera-note-letter-clues-game-netflix-1515283

2. Definitely think the husband did it somehow. He has manipulative psycho tendencies. 

3. Xavier is still alive.

4. I think there was definitely a cover-up. Someone who worked for the police / KBI helped hide his murder. It's physically not possible they could've searched the area for over a month and not have found anything. And there's no way his body wouldn't have not decomposed. We saw how Ray Rivera's body was gone after 8 days. 

Spoiler

Of course it was the so-called "friend." Rey Rivera was close to uncovering something, hence why people were attempting to break into the home, to spook Rivera into stopping. When he did not, they clearly hooked him in, murdered him, dumped the body in a room they knew no one would likely go into, and then paid off the police. The "friend" failed to talk, which is suspicious enough in itself. Not to mention, the company placed gag orders on their employees, preventing them from discussing Rivera's death

32 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:
  Hide contents

Of course it was the so-called "friend." Rey Rivera was close to uncovering something, hence why people were attempting to break into the home, to spook Rivera into stopping. When he did not, they clearly hooked him in, murdered him, dumped the body in a room they knew no one would likely go into, and then paid off the police. The "friend" failed to talk, which is suspicious enough in itself. Not to mention, the company placed gag orders on their employees, preventing them from discussing Rivera's death

There is actually a reddit full of tea here hinting that it could also be mental illness juicy1

2 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I am in the firm belief he was murdered and it was a paid cover up.

The phone call that he got before hand prompting him to race out of his house?

I just...come on. That alone should be the smoking gun oprah11 

Just now, lavenderblonde said:

The phone call that he got before hand prompting him to race out of his house?

I just...come on. That alone should be the smoking gun oprah11 

Spoiler

Plus, the cameras to the roof are off the night of Rivera's death? Yeah, because that is not suspicious. And his co-workers, of all people, finding the hole (and it isn't even a hole from what I've seen) from atop the parking garage? Sure. A suicide this was not, especially with the police quickly taking certain people off of the case, and even someone telling Mrs. Rivera she knew what they (a.k.a. the police) were doing. This was a complete coverup from the moment the co-workers saw the top of the hotel, and his remains were found.

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:
  Hide contents

Plus, the cameras to the roof are off the night of Rivera's death? Yeah, because that is not suspicious. And his co-workers, of all people, finding the hole (and it isn't even a hole from what I've seen) from atop the parking garage? Sure. A suicide this was not, especially with the police quickly taking certain people off of the case, and even someone telling Mrs. Rivera she knew what they (a.k.a. the police) were doing. This was a complete coverup from the moment the co-workers saw the top of the hotel, and his remains were found.

Spoiler

From what I've been reading too, a lot of people are suspect that his "best friend" was VERY rich and yet only posted a 1k wanted award?

Some people think he could of been involved, and I definitely think so as well. Either way, too many things did not line up that night for it to be a suicide. The company was definitely behind it, and I wish we could get answers but at this point...it was VERY well covered up so who knows what this show can bring to light. We can only hope in the future someone gives in. What an insane mystery though and a wild start to this show.

Just now, lavenderblonde said:
  Hide contents

From what I've been reading too, a lot of people are suspect that his "best friend" was VERY rich and yet only posted a 1k wanted award?

Some people think he could of been involved, and I definitely think so as well. Either way, too many things did not line up that night for it to be a suicide. The company was definitely behind it, and I wish we could get answers but at this point...it was VERY well covered up so who knows what this show can bring to light. We can only hope in the future someone gives in. What an insane mystery though and a wild start to this show.

Spoiler

Oh the "friend" was SO involved in this... especially since he, via his company, put a gag order on employees from speaking with investigators and the press about Rivera's death. Not to mention, only putting up $1,000 for your so-called best friend since high school, who relocated to Baltimore to write financial reports for your company...? That does NOT add up to me.

His glasses and phone were both unphased by the so-called fall, yet, his flip flops were scrapped and broken...? That also makes zero sense to me. I have watched enough Cold Justice to know this is a major coverup from beginning to end. Shit just is not adding up. Not to mention, his money clip was never recovered...? I have a feeling, while in police custody, someone went into his car and wiped out any potential evidence, and then it was returned to his wife.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ruthless Love said:

So, old episodes are also on Amazon Prime and Hulu; am watching right now, and it is very 1980s/1990s eerie.

They're also on Youtube gaga1

The way I expected this to be good after reading this thread rip4 Episode 1 and 2 were both quite boring. I love watching documentaries about both solved and unsolved cases usually, but this one was not interesting to me.

unsolved-mysteries-reboot-netflix-theme-

There’s been a crack in the case surrounding Unsolved Mysteries‘ return date: The remaining six episodes of the Netflix reboot’s first season will drop on Oct. 19.

In making the “Volume 2” announcement early Wednesday, the streamer teased that the new episodes will profile “more unexplained disappearances, tragic events, and bizarre occurrences.”

Within 24 hours of the show’s July 1 premiere, producers received nearly two dozen “credible tips” related to the cases in the first six episodes, EP Terry Dunn Meurer revealed to USA Today.

While the original series featured multiple cases in each hour-long episode, Unsolved Mysteries 2.0 focuses on just one impenetrable investigation. Another big change: The Netflix update does not have a narrator. (Robert Stack, who was the voice of the original show for most of its run, died in 2003.)

“The final decision was that it’s very difficult to fill Robert Stack’s shoes, and his trench coat,” Meurer previously told TVLine. “He’s just such an iconic voice. He’s such a signature of the show. We also wanted the actual participants in the stories, the family members and law enforcement [officers], to be more involved in telling the stories.”

The chill-inducing theme song, however, was resurrected for the reboot. “Everyone comments about the music!” Meurer declared. “That’s probably the most memorable element of the entire series.”

TVLine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.