Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

melomelo

does your fav have 2 iconic songs on one lp/ep?

i don't know if gaga does. the two closest she has come out with are bad romance and telephone from the fame monster. i might also consider poker face and paparazzi (maybe?) from the fame.

but cher definitely does imo. both from her album Heart of Stone.

can you think of anyone else?

Just now, Gilly said:

gaga has pokerface and just dance tbh 

i feel like just dance is pretty forgotten. when i ask people what their fav gaga songs are its usually poker face, alejandro, paparazzi, bad romance, telephone. very few people ever tell me just dance.

Just now, melomelo said:

i feel like just dance is pretty forgotten. when i ask people what their fav gaga songs are its usually poker face, alejandro, paparazzi, bad romance, telephone. very few people ever tell me just dance.

I'd say it's instantly recognizable tho + it sold like over 10m copies WW (and on par with Pokerface in USA). ny1 

Just now, Gilly said:

I'd say it's instantly recognizable tho + it sold like over 10m copies WW (and on par with Pokerface in USA). ny1 

true. do you think sales make a song iconic?

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

true. do you think sales make a song iconic?

not necessarily, but when a song is that huge, it automatically gives it a few extra points. I mean, Just Dance sold over 7 million pure copies in USA alone, that isn't common. Plus, it was the debut single of one of the most successful female stars of all time. I'd say it's iconic for those 2 reasons alone ny1 

2 minutes ago, Tama said:

Yes. Mariah has Vision of Love and Love Takes Time in debut, Dreamlover and Hero in Music Box, Fantasy and Always Be My Baby in Daydream, We Belong Together and Shake It Off in Emancipation.

I feel like Love Takes Time is overshadowed by Vision of Love. And that's the tough cookie about having many great songs on one album. How can there be so many iconic songs together without one overshadowing another. And they have to standout for very different reasons if that is the case. Same with We Belong Together and Shake It Off, We Belong Together was HUGEEE, Shake it Off was nowhere near. Fantasy and Always Be My Baby are pretty even I would say. I'd take that. 

1 minute ago, Gilly said:

not necessarily, but when a song is that huge, it automatically gives it a few extra points. I mean, Just Dance sold over 7 million pure copies in USA alone, that isn't common. Plus, it was the debut single of one of the most successful female stars of all time. I'd say it's iconic for those 2 reasons alone ny1 

That's very true. I forgot how huge it was. Thank God she wasn't a one hit wonder. dead2 

So The Fame has Just Dance and Poker Face. Let the record show that The Fame is deemed iconic!

giphy.gif

A Girl Like Me:

SOS, Unfaithful

Good Girl Gone Bad:

Umbrella, Don't Stop The Music/Rehab (Shut Up And Drive/Hate That I Love You)

(if you wanna split those) Re-Loaded:

Disturbia, Take A Bow.

Rated R:

Rude Boy, Russian Roulette/Hard (Te Amo, Rockstar 101)

LOUD:

Only Girl, What's My Name, S&M (Man Down, California King Bed, Cheers, Love The Way You Lie pt2)

Talk That Talk:

We Found Love, Where Have You Been (Birthday Cake, Cockiness, You Da One, Drunk On Love)

Unapologetic:

Diamonds, Stay (Pour It Up, What Now)

Anti:

Love On The Brain, Work/Kiss It Better (Desperado, Needed Me)

Queen Rihanna GIF

Madonna has Like a Virgin and Material Girl on LAV, Like a Prayer and Express Yourself on LAP as the big ones I'd say.

She also has The Immaculate Collection but I won't be petty

Janet has What Have You Done For Me Lately, The Pleasure Principle and Nasty on Control, Miss You Much and Rhythm Nation on Rhythm Nation 1814

9 minutes ago, AtiRiRi said:

A Girl Like Me:

SOS, Unfaithful

Good Girl Gone Bad:

Disturbia, Take A Bow.

Rated R:

LOUD:

Only Girl, What's My Name, S&M (Man Down, California King Bed, Cheers, Love The Way You Lie pt2)

Talk That Talk:

We Found Love, Where Have You Been (Birthday Cake, Cockiness, You Da One, Drunk On Love)

Unapologetic:

Anti:

Queen Rihanna GIF

girl at least 80 percent of those are not iconic

8 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Madonna has Like a Virgin and Material Girl on LAV, Like a Prayer and Express Yourself on LAP as the big ones I'd say.

She also has The Immaculate Collection but I won't be petty

Janet has What Have You Done For Me Lately, The Pleasure Principle and Nasty on Control, Miss You Much and Rhythm Nation on Rhythm Nation 1814

Omg you found a loophole: compilation albums. If Mariah releases one with her #1 hits we're all doomed.

8 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Yeah most people wouldn't know a lott of those. Anti is pretty solid: work was a huge hit and it's pretty distinct and love on the brain was huge it's definitely going to be a staple forever for her.

20 minutes ago, AtiRiRi said:

A Girl Like Me:

SOS, Unfaithful

Good Girl Gone Bad:

Disturbia, Take A Bow.

Rated R:

LOUD:

Talk That Talk:

Unapologetic:

Anti:

Queen Rihanna GIF

Think of an iconic hit as a song that the artist will have to include in all her tours because it was significant for the artist's career. The song would become a staple for them. Think of a song being iconic in that way. 

Katy has Dark Horse and Roar on PRISM and Firework and Cali Gurls on TD.

Taylor has Shake It Off and Blank Space on 1989.

Ariana has thank u next and 7 rings on tun.

Rihanna has Diamonds and Stay on Unapologetic.

The closest Britney has come to this is probably Toxic and Everytime but the latter is not iconic per se. Looking back, all her hits were spread out through her discography brit14

Beyoncé: 

Dangerously In Love - Crazy In Love + Baby Boy

B’Day - Irreplaceable + Beautiful Liar

I Am... Sasha Fierce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) + Halo

4 - Run The World (Girls) + Love On Top 

BEYONCE - Drunk In Love + ***Flawless

LEMONADE - Formation + Sorry

Dreamlover/Hero or Fantasy/One Sweet Day for Mariah

Madonna most definitely has this on a few of her albums (at least the first three or four)

3 hours ago, melomelo said:

Girl, I think Just Dance is more remembered than fucking Alejandro

4 hours ago, Gilly said:

what are you talking about?
Umbrella? Take A Bow? Diamonds? We Found Love? Stay?
don't lie to yourself...

rihanna ok GIF

This is the first time i hear Heart of  Stone by Cher. brit12

Madonna: Holiday and Borderline, Like a Virgin and Material Girl, La Isla Bonita and Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer and Express Yourself, maybe Frozen and Ray of Light too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.