Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Coronatica OUT of the top 10!

13 minutes ago, STJ said:

I don't think she made it to 370 something of that list for her singing skills dead2 But more for her marvelous songwriting skills.  They did write, "Her best singing", but for her, not out of all the singers in the world brit10.  Whitney's debut made it to 250 something, but she didn't write any of the songs, and her debut wasn't that good, I assume she made it on the list for the singing skills.

The full review of ROL on that Rolling stones list though sends me, 4 out of 5 star, but shady as hell: 

So I'm clearly not the only one who finds her singing subpar.  xtina2 I mean compared to her earlier works, the singing is definitely tolerable and her best, but still not that good if compared with other singers. dead4

Pls her voice has NEVER been tolerable

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Would ROM be #1 without Ari? Nope! just like Nicki and her collabs

2eiWxZF.gif

Queen:

Week #2 95,000

Week #3 64,000

Week #4 47,000

How many dildo driven sales did coronatica have these weeks?

2eiWxZF.gif

Would ROM be #1 without Gaga? Ariana's collabs only go #1 with high profile artists.  

Wow a hip hop artist doing better than a pop artist in a rap climate? Even more impressive for Gaga having a hit when the chart skews towards rap. 

2eiWxZF.gif

2 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

I love Chromatica, but this thread speaks for how much of a fad she is...

... Meant to drag Gaga and Chromatica, turns into a Brit vs. Madonna debate. The level of fad is unreal. Poor Gags.

Tea. The way I couldn't care to drag gaga anymore dead4

Her merchandise already do that for me sass1

Britney Spears fans keep coming with the narrative that Madonna can't sing while they stan Britney. One of them said her vocals are bad in Ray of Light and then mentioned he likes her voice in songs like Frozen, a song from Ray of Light.

2eiWxZF.gif

1 hour ago, STJ said:

I don't think she made it to 370 something of that list for her singing skills dead2 But more for her marvelous songwriting skills.  They did write, "Her best singing", but for her, not out of all the singers in the world brit10.  Whitney's debut made it to 250 something, but she didn't write any of the songs, and her debut wasn't that good, I assume she made it on the list for the singing skills.

The full review of ROL on that Rolling stones list though sends me, 4 out of 5 star, but shady as hell: 

So I'm clearly not the only one who finds her singing subpar.  xtina2 I mean compared to her earlier works, the singing is definitely tolerable and her best, but still not that good if compared with other singers. dead4

There are several RS ROL reviews and btw The Immaculate Collection if I remember correctly is like #170 in that RS list. 

The more recent review: 

Madonna’s ‘Ray of Light’ at 20: Celebrating Her Psychedelic Masterwork

After 20 years of heavy listening, it remains the album of a lifetime.

5 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Britney Spears fans keep coming with the narrative that Madonna can't sing while they stan Britney. One of them said her vocals are bad in Ray of Light and then mentioned he likes her voice in songs like Frozen, a song from Ray of Light.

2eiWxZF.gif

Never said Madonna can't sing. She can sing... just one dimensionally dead7 

Also never said I liked her voice dead4 I just find it tolerable in some songs because the songs themselves are so good, Madonna's mediocre vocal delivery can't take that away from them sass1

4 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

It is a critically acclaimed album that is pretty much a part of every list of best albums of all time.  Not to mention praised vocals. Or how it shaped music.

Britbots are reaching as always. eve1 

4 minutes ago, STJ said:

Never said Madonna can't sing. She can sing... just one dimensionally dead7 

Also never said I liked her voice dead4 I just find it tolerable in some songs because the songs themselves are so good, Madonna's mediocre vocal delivery can't take that away from them sass1

A check under Madonna's mid-late 90s music videos at Youtube, and you gonna see many comments praising her vocals. sass1

Without Ariana, Rain On Me wouldn't have been that successful.  Some Gaga fans are delusional.

If Gaga is still a force, then why Stupid Love didn't do better? Aren't Rain On Me and Sour Candy the most streamed songs anyway? um1 

Two united fan bases turned it into a hit. Like it or not. 

However, Gaga fans shouldn't be pressed about it and think she is being dragged. It was a smart move by Gaga. 

What really baffles me is that the Stiffneys are really on here shitting on Madonna's voice as if Botney's voice is anything to write home about 

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Most critically acclaimed artists of all time http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/top_artists/t0.htm

#27 Madonna

#574 Britney Spears 

I don't understand why people post lists like this in a pop forum... where it's obviously very biased towards a certain type of artists dead4

Do yall genuinely think The beatles, bob dylan all the way to Stevie wonder are all better than Madonna? Obviously not since yall stan pop music dead4 

I can post random lists too... where it lists a Britney album as #65 and Madonna's somewhere in the 90's.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2020/03/13/100-best-pop-albums-of-all-time-3/5/

And my list would be more appropriate for a forum like this that focuses on pop music, not ancient history artists dead4

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

Let's see the WW units of Queen as well. I know you're used to dealing with loCAL artists. 

2eiWxZF.gif

Queen #1 peaks:

Chart (2018) Peak
position
UK R&B Albums (OCC)[119] 1

Chromatica #1 peaks:

Chart (2020) Peak
position
Australian Albums (ARIA)[142] 1
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)[143] 1
Canadian Albums (Billboard)[146] 1
Czech Albums (ČNS IFPI)[148] 1
Dutch Albums (Album Top 100)[150] 1
Estonian Albums (Eesti Tipp-40)[151] 1
Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)[152] 1
French Albums (SNEP)[153] 1
Irish Albums (OCC)[158] 1
Italian Albums (FIMI)[159] 1
Lithuanian Albums (AGATA)[162] 1
New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)[163] 1
Portuguese Albums (AFP)[166] 1
Scottish Albums (OCC)[167] 1
Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade)[171] 1
UK Albums (OCC)[172] 1
US Billboard 200[173] 1
US Top Dance/Electronic Albums (Billboard)[174] 1

This is kinda funny?

2eiWxZF.gif

5 minutes ago, STJ said:

I don't understand why people post lists like this in a pop forum... where it's obviously very biased towards a certain type of artists dead4

Do yall genuinely think The beatles, bob dylan all the way to Stevie wonder are all better than Madonna? Obviously not since yall stan pop music dead4 

I can post random lists too... where it lists a Britney album as #65 and Madonna's somewhere in the 90's.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2020/03/13/100-best-pop-albums-of-all-time-3/5/

And my list would be more appropriate for a forum like this that focuses on pop music, not ancient history artists dead4

Except this list is compiled on overall critical acclaim that artists get (meaning all of these lists are put into the equation and they have an algorithm that figures out their overall acclaim points/whatever.) 

Do I think The Beatles and Bob Dylan are better than Madonna? Absolutely lana4 The fuck, you guys are so basic. Just because Madonna is my Pop fave doesn't mean that I don't have countless other artists that I stan that are not "Pop". I'm 100% aware that there's tons of better artists and music out there, it's just not Britney fucking Spears lmfao1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.