Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Coronatica OUT of the top 10!

14 minutes ago, STJ said:

Just because Madonna shaped every popgirls' career doesn't mean I have to think she's the best orangu1 Gaga is her clone, yet I think she's more talented than Madonna in terms of vocal performance sia2 

And you don’t have to think she’s the best. That’s up to you. That aggregated list is only to see whose work is the most critically acclaimed and tbf that also goes along with legacy of those artists. You don’t have to think she’s the best but you can’t deny her impact whit2 

16 minutes ago, STJ said:

Just because something is the original, doesn't mean it will always remain the best, I don't know why yall have this mentality jj4 

We don’t have that mentality. We know that originality doesn’t go with artistic excellence every time. I think you simply just don’t get the idea of that entire list and the point of its existence.
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Bob Dylan but I listened to his most acclaimed works (I don’t have time to go through all of his 50 albums or whatever). However, I can still see WHY he’s being named as one of the best songwriters in the history of modern music and that his impact is undeniable. Just because I don’t enjoy his music as much as I wish I could doesn’t mean I will not respect his craft and accolades. Maybe it’s time for you to learn how to differentiate your personal opinion from the objective, indisputable impact and legacy these artists have  whit2 

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Bob Dylan but I listened to his most acclaimed works (I don’t have time to go through all of his 50 albums or whatever). However, I can still see WHY he’s being named as one of the best songwriters in the history of modern music and that his impact is undeniable. Just because I don’t enjoy his music as much as I wish I could doesn’t mean I will not respect his craft and accolades.

You just proved my point jj4 That the list is irrelevant in this forum. jj4 In the context of jjang's post about Madonna being #27 and britney #557. 

I'm not denying the impact any of the artists on that list brit15 But posting that list on this specific forum doesn't make any sense jj4 

Here's an analogy: It's like Moo's fans who constantly brag about her 19 number ones and using that to say she has more impact than Madonna, but honestly, who actually remembers half of her number ones? Meanwhile, Madonna's songs remain iconic and impactful than whatever Moo's number ones were. jj4

The list would only makes sense to older people who enjoy those types of music. jj4 Most people don't know who Bob Dylan is. jj4

You just proved my point jj4 That the list is irrelevant in this forum. jj4 In the context of jjang's post about Madonna being #27 and britney #557. 

I'm not denying the impact any of the artists on that list brit15 But posting that list on this specific forum doesn't make any sense jj4 

It is absolutely relevant. We’re on a forum dedicated to pop music. If you can’t see the way how their music shaped the pop music that we have at the moment it’s your problem but I’m not here to educate you on the issue whit2 

Here's an analogy: It's like Moo's fans who constantly brag about her 19 number ones and using that to say she has more impact than Madonna, but honestly, who actually remembers half of her number ones? Meanwhile, Madonna's songs remain iconic and impactful than whatever Moo's number ones were. jj4

A totally awful analogy but I’m not gonna dwell into it whit2 

The list would only makes sense to older people who enjoy those types of music. jj4 Most people don't know who Bob Dylan is. jj4

People who are music enthusiasts, who want to know the origin of it, who are fascinated and want to discover music that actually changed the music world for the one we know - sweeties, I’m so sorry! whit2 

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

It is absolutely relevant. We’re on a forum dedicated to pop music. If you can’t see the way how their music shaped the pop music that we have at the moment it’s your problem but I’m not here to educate you on the issue whit2 

A totally awful analogy but I’m not gonna dwell into it whit2 

People who are music enthusiasts, who want to know the origin of it, who are fascinated and want to discover music that actually changed the music world as we know - sweeties, I’m so sorry! whit2 

Sis you're going way too deep into this when it's not that deep. jj4 Once again, I'm not denying their impact or influence or success. In fact, some of the artists on that top end of the list I actually enjoy, like David Bowie. 

My point was the criticism of jjang posting that list to show madonna is better than britney, when we know full well he doesn't think all of the 26 artists are better than madonna just because they're ranked higher.

What's not clicking? brit15

1 minute ago, STJ said:

My point was the criticism of jjang posting that list to show madonna is better than britney, when we know full well he doesn't think all of the 26 artists are better than madonna just because they're ranked higher.

I don’t think that was his point. He mentioned the list to compare their accolades, the general impact on the pop culture and how much critically acclaimed their music is. 
He actually even said, quote: “Do I think The Beatles and Bob Dylan are better than Madonna? Absolutely lana4 The fuck, you guys are so basic. Just because Madonna is my Pop fave doesn't mean that I don't have countless other artists that I stan that are not "Pop". I'm 100% aware that there's tons of better artists”

What’s not clicking bey7 

13 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I don’t think that was his point. He mentioned the list to compare their accolades, the general impact on the pop culture and how much critically acclaimed their music is. 
He actually even said, quote: “Do I think The Beatles and Bob Dylan are better than Madonna? Absolutely lana4 The fuck, you guys are so basic. Just because Madonna is my Pop fave doesn't mean that I don't have countless other artists that I stan that are not "Pop". I'm 100% aware that there's tons of better artists”

What’s not clicking bey7 

That's why my 2nd point was, that the list is biased, but you're going to accuse me of denying their impact when I'm not. dead7 And I have listed many artists from back then who had just as much impact but are not on the top end of the list. Someone even said Kate Bush, which reinforces my point that the list is irrelevant (to this forum) due to bias. Madonna is like the first female after 26 people... which just proves my point. mad5 

If he's going to show a list, then it should be a list of pop music critics, not ones that have bias for male rock and roll artists. mad5

8 minutes ago, STJ said:

That's why my 2nd point was, that the list is biased, but you're going to accuse me of denying their impact when I'm not. dead7 And I have listed many artists from back then who had just as much impact but are not on the top end of the list. Someone even said Kate Bush, which reinforces my point that the list is irrelevant (to this forum) due to bias. Madonna is like the first female after 26 people... which just proves my point. mad5 

If he's going to show a list, then it should be a list of pop music critics, not ones that have bias for male rock and roll artists. mad5

How the list is biased when it collects and summarises  the reviews, annual lists and decade-end lists from the most important music outlets in one place? It would be biased if it would lean towards only one genre but there’s literally every single genre representative on it. Did you actually opened the link and read it or decided to skim through it? fall4 

6 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

How the list is biased when it collects and summarises  the reviews, annual lists and decade-end lists from the most important music outlets in one place? It would be biased if it would lean towards only one genre but there’s literally every single genre representative on it. Did you actually opened the link and read it or decided to skim through it? fall4 

Whoever collected the reviews only collected the ones with a certain type of artists at the top therefore making the list biased jj2

If they really collected reviews for all types of genres, then why aren't Mozart and Chopin there dead2 Their compositions are way better than Miles Davis.

5 minutes ago, STJ said:

Whoever collected the reviews only collected the ones with a certain type of artists at the top therefore making the list biased jj2

Or maybe there’s a mutual agreement between those media outlets that makes those top artists works the most acclaimed? Have you thought about it in such categories? fall4 

If you would limit it just to pop only like you previously stated then it would be biased, but it’s not. I guess there is such list somewhere there but when you could use one with a bigger spectrum that includes every single genre then why limit yourself? fall4 

8 minutes ago, STJ said:

If they really collected reviews for all types of genres, then why aren't Mozart and Chopin there dead2 Their compositions are way better than Miles Davis.

Umm maybe because there’s no need to review the classical music from the 18th century? And every single person with a little bit of basic knowledge about music knows Mozart and Chopin? fall4 

21 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Umm maybe because there’s no need to review the classical music from the 18th century? And every single person with a little bit of basic knowledge about music knows Mozart and Chopin? fall4 

Lowkey doesn't make sense, but go off, sis hottie1

Are you implying most don't know madonna or the beatles, therefore there is a need to review their music? brit15

3 minutes ago, STJ said:

Lowkey doesn't make sense, but go off, sis hottie1

Why would you need a review of classical music if you’re exposed to it in school in a music class? fall4 

9 minutes ago, STJ said:

Are you implying most don't know madonna or the beatles, therefore there is a need to review their music? brit15

Well, let’s have a look fall4 

Billboard Magazine: 1961 (main focus on music)

Rolling Stone Magazine: 1967

NME: 1952

I guess around time when The Beatles and Madonna came out there was a need to review their music, yes fall4 

55 minutes ago, STJ said:

Except we’re talking about mainstream music?? brit5 Mozart is one of the finest in his own field of work and he has his own lists and acclaim to back that up. Completely different worlds. 

47 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Or maybe there’s a mutual agreement between those media outlets that makes those top artists works the most acclaimed? Have you thought about it in such categories? fall4 

If you would limit it just to pop only like you previously stated then it would be biased, but it’s not. I guess there is such list somewhere there but when you could use one with a bigger spectrum that includes every single genre then why limit yourself? fall4 

Ikr dead1

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Except we’re talking about mainstream music?? brit5 Mozart is one of the finest in his own field of work and he has his own lists and acclaim to back that up. Completely different worlds. 

Like this is a common knowledge that Mozart was insanely talented, who started composing from the age of 5 and his works are in a canon of classical music FOREVER. Why need to review something that’s objectively an artistic excellence? fall4 Some people are really doing too much.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.