Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Coronatica OUT of the top 10!

2 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Britney's last #1 album was in 2011, Madonna's was last year 

Shame. I don't remember Madonna releasing anything last year. Was it a greatest hits? juicy1

Just now, Jjang said:

And we all know why! 

s4ykh0.gif

yet she still brings in coins literally doing nothing while Madonna needs to show her breasts and act like a clown because of some end of life crisis. nicki3

15 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Don’t try it, Britney in her prime was a better performer than Madonna ever was

lmfao1Clowns 

14 minutes ago, Infrared said:

yet she still brings in coins literally doing nothing while Madonna needs to show her breasts and act like a clown because of some end of life crisis. nicki3

Why would people pay an average of $300 to see Madonna's breast from afar when they can hit their local strip bar for free? Ugh, I guess she's a goddess is the only answer mad3 If being a clown and showing your breast can make you a stadium act, then why did the artRAVE FAIL to fill arenas? All Gaga did in that tour was pure clowney and stripping like 4 times for the audience smh so flop theory infrared! 

17 minutes ago, Infrared said:

#1 single

Britney: 2011

Madonna: 2000

hottie1

Music came later in her career than HIAM was for Britney and it wasn't a front loaded mess, in fact, it was the #1 global song of its year while the latter was #40 in its respective year lana4

Anyway, the US is not the only market in the world... Madonna has songs from 2009-2012 that were top 5 in Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia... etc mad4

Also let's pretend that Madonna starting her career 16 years earlier than Britney is no factor here, but monsters get upset when we compare her to Billie who started her career 8 years after Gargoyle mad8

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Anyway, the US is not the only market in the world... Madonna has songs from 2009-2012 that were top 5 in Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia... etc mad4

US market matters more than the other countries, because it takes like 100k+ copies to go to #1, meanwhile you can go to #1 with 500 copies for Canada, Afghanistan etc... yall like to use that bad excuse in the TEOM vs Confession thread too jj4

4 minutes ago, STJ said:

US market matters more than the other countries, because it takes like 100k+ copies to go to #1, meanwhile you can go to #1 with 500 copies for Canada, Afghanistan etc... yall like to use that bad excuse in the TEOM vs Confession thread too jj4

Erm... no? lana4 Miles Away (solo 2009 single) sold over a million copies in Japan alone. I don't care what you make of it, but that's a hit in a major market period. 

Largest music markets:

#2 Japan

#3 Germany

#4 United Kingdom

#5 France 

#7 Canada

#9 Brazil

#12 Italy

#13 Spain

All of which Madonna had hits in circa 2009-2012. 30 years into her unmatched career mad3

15 minutes ago, STJ said:

And you shouldn't jj4

35A5C5A400000578-0-image-a-5_14668527528

There's a reason why her tour at Wembley looked like that.

A huge number of seats at the 90,000-capacity stadium were left empty throughout the gig thanks to touts buying up tickets and failing to sell them on for extortionate prices, according to The Mirror.

It is thought some tickets for the Anti world tour were sold for huge markups on second-hand websites, while those not fetching the huge prices went unused, leading to the empty seats.

This isn’t the first case of empty seats thanks to touts: tickets to the Harry Potter West End show, The Cursed Child, went unsold after appearing online for £2,000 plus.
Many artists, including Adele, have been attempting to tackle touts head-on, but tickets almost always end up finding their way online.

The Independent

This happened to Beyonce during her Formation World Tour as well. Rihanna has no problem selling out a stadium best believe

86116-At-Least-You-Tried.png

34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

And we all know why! 

s4ykh0.gif

Imagine paying 100$ only to listen to the same background tracks from 1999 and watch someone having spasms on the stage for 2 hours ddddd. No wonder she’s not a touring force!

17 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Erm... no? lana4 Miles Away (solo 2009 single) sold over a million copies in Japan alone. I don't care what you make of it, but that's a hit in a major market period. 

Largest music markets:

#2 Japan

#3 Germany

#4 United Kingdom

#5 France 

#7 Canada

#9 Brazil

#12 Italy

#13 Spain

All of which Madonna had hits in circa 2009-2012. 30 years into her unmatched career mad3

Good for Madonna for getting #1s in Latvia, Luxembourg and other obscure countries brit10 

Hits in the US on the other hand, nowhere to be found since 15 years ago brit10 

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Where did I mention these countries? dead1nowhere to go? brit9

My point is, Britney isn't flopping nearly as hard as Madonna is. brit9 Her last iconic hit is Work Bitch which was only 6 years ago, and people still jam to it today. Meanwhile, you be saying Madonna is still making hits somewhere in Canada, Spain etc brit15

9 minutes ago, STJ said:

My point is, Britney isn't flopping nearly as hard as Madonna is. brit9 Her last iconic hit is Work Bitch which was only 6 years ago, and people still jam to it today. Meanwhile, you be saying Madonna is still making hits somewhere in Canada, Spain etc brit15

She shouldn’t be since she started her career nearly two decades after Madonna? ari9 Do time laws work differently in your world or what enlightenment me sis ari7My point is that she should be doing a lot better but seeing how you’re clinging to a trashy seven year old song that peaked at #12 as if that’s some achievement when Madonna was literally doing ROL at that point in her career dead1perspective is everything but let’s pretend like Britney is anything but over at this point and her next album will 100% sell less than Madame X sass4

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She shouldn’t be since she started her career nearly two decades after Madonna? ari9 My point is that she should be doing a lot better but seeing how you’re clinging to a trashy seven year old song that peaked at #12 as if that’s some achievement when Madonna was literally doing ROL at that point in her career dead1perspective is everything but let’s pretend like Britney is anything but over at this point and her next album will 100% sell less than Madame X sass4

Glory is better than Madonna's dusty 20 years old album that even some of her fans say is overrated... see: the madonna section mad5 But the two are not really comparable since it's not the same sound, vocally Britney delivered a much more interesting and varied vocal delivery than madonna's 1 dimensional and emotionless singing on ROL.  

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.