Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Pretentious people who act above others who only listen to pop music..

47 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Thoughts on that? You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s. Why do you think you’re above someone who likes ONLY pop music? What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that? Music snobs are the worst bey1

On the flip side, you're NOT special because you 'force yourself to' stan mainstream pop girls and talk shit about anyone who stans 'flops' or 'no1currs'. You're NOT better because you listen to artists with more recognition, it just means you're content with sticking with what you know. People wanna go off about pretentious indie listeners, but the pretentious opposite is just as bad, and is in bigger numbers on FOTP's forum and Discord server. rip4

2 minutes ago, Kristina said:

It’s exactly what you said in that post though rip4 

I said it’s narrow minded to think that people who are here only listen to pop music. What’s not clicking, missy rip4 

9 minutes ago, Jjang said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But if you’re an exclusive top 40 hits listener who stans Selena Gomez and then dismiss the genius contributions of artists such as Bob Dylan in one misinformed sweeping statement then yes, I’m going to cringe hard for a moment and then move on with my life. 

It’s not exclusive to Pop music, you can be an exclusive hip hop fan who only listens to Kendrick (or 10’s Eminem in this case kii) and make ignorant statements and I’ll still cringe too

pls Bob Dyllen is a fad, Taylor has eclipsed him in every way demi1 

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I said it’s narrow minded to think that people who are here only listen to pop music. What’s not clicking, missy rip4 

Some of us listen to more than just pop. For example I listen to Dance-Pop. ny9

1 minute ago, fab said:

The only person who even Selenas Gnomez has a better vocal ability than. brit16

Just now, Venom said:

On the flip side, you're NOT special because you 'force yourself to' stan mainstream pop girls and talk shit about anyone who stans 'flops' or 'no1currs'. You're NOT better because you listen to artists with more recognition, it just means you're content with sticking with what you know. People wanna go off about pretentious indie listeners, but the pretentious opposite is just as bad, and is in bigger numbers on FOTP's forum and Discord server. rip4

Also, this clap3 Just because they don’t listen to your favourite pop music doesn’t mean they force themselves to listen to other genres. I know it must be difficult to imagine for people like @Kristina but there’s plenty of people who absolutely hate mainstream pop music but that’s fine as long as they don’t get in your way to tell you you’re horrible and your taste is bad.

Speaking of Discord - it’s just a trash talk anyway and there’s no harm in there. At the end of the day we’re there to enjoy music, discuss about it and have fun. jj2 

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

Oh I totally agree with that too! Just let people listen to what they wanna listen to and don’t act above others because you like a genre someone else doesn’t.. yikes

4 minutes ago, fab said:

Godlor Swift could wrote Blowin’ In The Wind but could Fad Dylan wrote Lover? demi1 

7 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

You said if you listen to ONLY pop it speaks volumes about their narrow horizons?? if that’s not what you meant you worded that post poorly

1 minute ago, Kristina said:

You said if you listen to ONLY pop it speaks volumes about their narrow horizons?? if that’s not what you meant you worded that post poorly

Lmao, what lmfao1 

For some people being on the pop music oriented forum equals to listening to pop music only” with the last word being even fucking bolded to underline that people think since you’re here you listen to nothing but pop. Do you even know what’s the use of a dash in a sentence rip4 To emphasise and I emphasised that such thought is narrow minded cause it is, considering how many people in here listen to other genres as well. Stop playing dumb

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Lmao, what lmfao1 

For some people being on the pop music oriented forum equals to listening to pop music only” with the last word being even fucking bolded to underline that people think since you’re here you listen to nothing but pop. Do you even know what’s the use of a dash in a sentence rip4 To emphasise and I emphasised that such thought is narrow minded cause it is, considering how many people in here listen to other genres as well. Stop playing dumb

Your sentence could be interpreted in two ways jj4 Hence, when I first read this thread, I thought of you jj4

Why do people care what other people think of the music they listen to? Listen to whatever you want, whether it's top 40 artists, obscure artists you have to search hard to find or a little of both.

Spoiler

However those who act like they're above a specific group of people cause they listen to a specific type of music are trash and are the worst kind of music fans

8 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Lmao, what lmfao1 

Clearly I’m not the only one who interpreted your sentence that way.. So for once, shut up and stop acting high and mighty. Your attitude is off-putting to say the least

1 hour ago, Kristina said:

You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s.

1 hour ago, Kristina said:

What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that?

astonishing contradiction fall6

OT: yes, the pretentious ppl who act above pop music and make baseless assumptions over it are the worst.

so are the pop fans who think they are above "alternative artists" and assume ppl don't actually enjoy them, just because they are not into it. an instance of that linked above!

1 minute ago, Maria said:

astonishing contradiction fall6

OT: yes, the pretentious ppl who act above pop music and make baseless assumptions over it are the worst.

so are the pop fans who think they are above "alternative artists" and assume ppl don't actually enjoy them, just because they are not into it. an instance of that linked above!

I didn’t mean it like that! Like whatever the fuck you like. Sometimes it just seems people pretend to like certain artists/genders/things to feel special rip4 

9 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Clearly I’m not the only one who interpreted your sentence that way.. So for once, shut up and stop acting high and mighty. Your attitude is off-putting to say the least

Clearly you were not playing dumb. Like I give a fuck what you think about my attitude, now zip it missy. Thanks moo5 

41 minutes ago, Venom said:

Tea clap3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.