Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Pretentious people who act above others who only listen to pop music..

These are problably people who listen to rock and act like rock is the only genre that serves quality, when in reality many rock songs have the cringiest lyrics ever. bUt iT dOnT mATTeR cUZ tHAt bASsLine >>> cAREerS lol3

2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Also, this clap3 Just because they don’t listen to your favourite pop music doesn’t mean they force themselves to listen to other genres. I know it must be difficult to imagine for people like @Kristina but there’s plenty of people who absolutely hate mainstream pop music but that’s fine as long as they don’t get in your way to tell you you’re horrible and your taste is bad.

Speaking of Discord - it’s just a trash talk anyway and there’s no harm in there. At the end of the day we’re there to enjoy music, discuss about it and have fun. jj2 

Mainstream pop music isn't a specifc genre that sounds the same. Poker Face was a mainstream pop hit, Hung Up was a mainstream pop hit, Womanizer was a mainstream pop hit, Don't Stop The Music was a mainstream pop hit, they don't sound the same. rav2 Saying you dislike something that's popular only because it's popular it's just stupid. rav2

Can we just all agree that whatever you listen to and enjoy doesn't make you better or worse than anyone?

It's just when you proudly start stating "oh I didn't listen to this jj2" like you're doing something that's embarrassing.

Some people only listen to mainstream, current pop and that's okay! It doesn't mean insulting legends like they're has beens with no impact makes you look better.

Same goes for the stereotypical music snob who thinks they're too good for pop or that it isn't real music. If all you listen to is stuff no one has heard of before who can really say your taste is all that.

This thinly veiled attempt to come for people in another thread ain't cute

12 hours ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Mainstream pop music isn't a specifc genre that sounds the same. Poker Face was a mainstream pop hit, Hung Up was a mainstream pop hit, Womanizer was a mainstream pop hit, Don't Stop The Music was a mainstream pop hit, they don't sound the same. rav2 Saying you dislike something that's popular only because it's popular it's just stupid. rav2

I know and that’s why I didn’t say that rih3 The point was they just don’t listen to Top 40 hits or radio cause they would rather find music on their own through streaming services or portals like last.fm

On 7/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, Kristina said:

Thoughts on that? You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s. Why do you think you’re above someone who likes ONLY pop music? What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that? Music snobs are the worst bey1

Bands from the 70s include pop legends ABBA, do I still count? bey1

On 7/7/2020 at 1:23 AM, Robi said:

This is an age thing. Until your priorities change and music isn’t as important as used. You music changes with age as well. 

Is tho? Some of the most pretentious people I've ever seen are middle aged metalheads, jazz and classical music fans tbh

24 minutes ago, LÉON said:

But did FLABBA write Everytime.mp3 in 5 minutes on the back of a slurpee cup? sia1

1 hour ago, harry said:

But did FLABBA write Everytime.mp3 in 5 minutes on the back of a slurpee cup? sia1

Using vocal effects since LAYLOM in 1980, when will Knee? sia2

1 hour ago, LÉON said:

Using vocal effects since LAYLOM in 1980, when will Knee? sia2

Omg Lay All Your Love On Me is such a BOP let me stream

3 hours ago, Strobo said:

Is tho? Some of the most pretentious people I've ever seen are middle aged metalheads, jazz and classical music fans tbh

The most pretentious one are jazz fans.

- Do you like jazz?

- Yeah, I like some Miles Davis and Keith Jarrett...

- LMAO I’m talking about neo-super-über-strings-straight-from-redwood-national-and-states-park not some OBVIOUS jazz. Who do you think I am?

wendy4 

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

Omg Lay All Your Love On Me is such a BOP let me stream

It's my jam at the moment and I can relate in my life katy2

On 7/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, Kristina said:

Thoughts on that? You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s. Why do you think you’re above someone who likes ONLY pop music? What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that? Music snobs are the worst bey1

The tea you spilt 💅🏼

7 hours ago, LÉON said:

Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd are better than this bubblegum pop mediocre shite group. You don't know nothing about REAL music when you listen to this mainstream trash like a 16 years old girlbey1

On 7/7/2020 at 2:04 AM, Moira O'Hara said:

These are problably people who listen to rock and act like rock is the only genre that serves quality, when in reality many rock songs have the cringiest lyrics ever. bUt iT dOnT mATTeR cUZ tHAt bASsLine >>> cAREerS lol3

How accurate. lol3 

My english teacher is a rock/metal lover and he plays in a no1cur band , and he's always trashing popular artists and pop music in general. 

I can't tell you about the amount of rants he had regarding pop music in class. He thinks Beyoncé is ok and he absolutely LOATHES David Guetta. lol3 

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

How accurate. lol3 

My english teacher is a rock/metal lover and he plays in a no1cur band , and he's always trashing popular artists and pop music in general. 

I can't tell you about the amount of rants he had regarding pop music in class. He thinks Beyoncé is ok and he absolutely LOATHES David Guetta. lol3 

David Guetta could produce Turn Me On, but your teacher couldnt, so he can have a few seethes nicki6

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

David Guetta could produce Turn Me On, but your teacher couldnt, so he can have a few seethes nicki6

He claims David Guetta isn't really a producer and that he has a team of creative people behind him, according to his "contacts" nicki6 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.