Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Pretentious people who act above others who only listen to pop music..

Thoughts on that? You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s. Why do you think you’re above someone who likes ONLY pop music? What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that? Music snobs are the worst bey1

7 minutes ago, Mystique said:

Even worse when it’s a gay who tries so hard to be like “I’m not like other gays I only listen to rap and alt str8 music and I hate gay culture!1!” jj4 

The way this describes a certain member of this forum perfectly eve1 

22 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Thoughts on that? You’re NOT special because you’re forcing yourself to listen to some random alternative artists no one has heard about or bands from the 70s. Why do you think you’re above someone who likes ONLY pop music? What’s wrong with having a preference and sticking to that? Music snobs are the worst bey1

omg hasn't @LÉONbeen through enough already sis jodie1 jkjkjooooking

It’s just silly to me. What about let other people to listen to what they like? I don’t think this concept is difficult to grasp brit3 

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

It’s just silly to me. What about let other people to listen to what they like? I don’t think this concept is difficult to grasp brit3 

Sure lol3

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

You're truly one to talk about being pretentious and judgmental about what other people like or listen to. Have a seat! eve1 

Edit: @Urbanov @Jjang looks like you really pushed a few buttons.

Stream Push The Button by Sugababes. gaga3

I think this is more of a teenager/young thing. Things like this really matter to us at that age for some reason. I was so self-conscious when I started listening to a lot of "gay"/pop music in my later teens. Of course it doesn't matter and people don't really care once you get older. I do listen to all sorts of music, both popular and more "niche", but even pop music still takes up the majority of my "favorite" music. For some reason I still feel bad about admitting that? 

1 minute ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I think this is more of a teenager/young thing. Things like this really matter to us at that age for some reason. I was so self-conscious when I started listening to a lot of "gay"/pop music in my later teens. Of course it doesn't matter and people don't really care once you get older. I do listen to all sorts of music, both popular and more "niche", but even pop music still takes up the majority of my "favorite" music. For some reason I still feel bad about admitting that? 

I guess so in a lot of cases.. But there are also adults who think like this.

1 minute ago, Kristina said:

I guess so in a lot of cases.. But there are also adults who think like this.

Oh, certainly. It just seems more common in adolescence for people to be so judgey about music. People are still pretentious about pop music when they're older, too. I guess it's in a different sort of way, though. It's more of a pretentious act than judgmental. 

13 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Sure lol3

And where exactly does my post imply that listening just to pop music is bad or there’s something wrong with it? Nowhere gag1 

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But if you’re an exclusive top 40 hits listener who stans Selena Gomez and then dismiss the genius contributions of artists such as Bob Dylan in one misinformed sweeping statement then yes, I’m going to cringe hard for a moment and then move on with my life. 

It’s not exclusive to Pop music, you can be an exclusive hip hop fan who only listens to Kendrick (or 10’s Eminem in this case kii) and make ignorant statements and I’ll still cringe too

4 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

And where exactly does my post imply that listening just to pop music is bad or there’s something wrong with it? Nowhere gag1 

It’s exactly what you said in that post though rip4 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.