Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

GAGA

Pop girls you used to love but now hate. Why?

beyonce. but its nothing on her (except that she steals songs and makes songwriters sign NDAs), its her fans. most insufferable people, even in real life. especially the gay ones. good god.

Lowkey Sia, I don't hate her. I'm just tired of that two-coloured wig that completely covers her eyes and not showing her face in MVs personas. It was cool/interesting the first two eras, but it's getting annoying now. 

1 minute ago, melomelo said:

beyonce. but its nothing on her (except that she steals songs and makes songwriters sign NDAs), its her fans. most insufferable people, even in real life. especially the gay ones. good god.

I used to stan beyonce during crazy in love and naughty boy days. But she's really overrated nowadays... I see her fans everywhere on social media claiming she's in the same league as Whitney or Mariah and it kills me a little inside brit1

40 minutes ago, tomás said:

I don't hate her but I literally can't stand Rosalía. I still love her music but I think she's as dumb as it gets dead4 

Her becoming BFF's with the jenners lowered her quality for me personally but forever thankful for Malamente whew cry0

Rihanna. She plays way too many games. Tired of her. orangu1 now am I gonna still buy the new album when she finally drops it in 20 years and pretend like I was never fed up with her ass? ofc! orangu1 

32 minutes ago, STJ said:

I see her fans everywhere on social media claiming she's in the same league as Whitney or Mariah and it kills me a little inside 

chile I’m not even part of the hive but Bey is most definitely on a Mariah/Whitney level likextina1

while I don't hate them, I def don't stan them like I used to

1) Britney - I was a MASSIVE stan during Circus - up until I become a monster in late 2009. Gaga kinda opened my eyes and made me switch on her... I was like why am I stanning someone who lips to her 20 year old vocals and serves no presence (anymore) when popstars like Gaga exist? I actually signed up to FOTP as a Britney stan back in 2009 dead2 She's still cute for a throwback tho

2) Lana - I used to stan hard up until Honeymoon. UV/BTD are some of the best albums of all time but HM is a snooze fest. The thing she released after.. didn't even listen. NFR is good though, so she kinda won me back a bit.

3) Beyonce - One of the first singers I ever stanned before knowing what stanning was. I was obsessed with Destiny Fullfilled, Bday and everything up until Lemonade. She kinda lost me after Self Titled because she started coming off as overly calculated and I was pressed that she wouldn't release her music on streaming. Lemonade has really high highs, but I think most of the album is boring. Then that album with Jay Z... girl. As of now, Im kinda indifferent towards her. I only use Self Titled and some Lemonade tracks (Don't Hurt Yourself, 6 Inch, Sorry, Formation, Hold Up). We'll see what's the tea with her next album. 

4) Mariah - My first English artist fav. I grew up with her and was obsessed with Glitter, TEOM, E=MC2, and Memoirs as a kid. She lost me with Me.. I Am but she kinda won me back with Caution. Anyway, I will always have a soft spot for her because of what I mentioned. 

I didn't stan Nicki but she had a number of songs that I enjoy. She's lost me though with her actions over the last few years (Cardi B feud, fiasco with her brother, collabing with 69)

9 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I didn't stan Nicki but she had a number of songs that I enjoy. She's lost me though with her actions over the last few years (Cardi B feud, fiasco with her brother, collabing with 69)

oop i forgot about Nicki.

I was a stan up until 2017/8 when she started shading Cardi and tried to sabotage her. That really opened my eyes and made me see her for the narcissist and insufferable person she’s always been. 

14 minutes ago, PETTY said:

chile I’m not even part of the hive but Bey is most definitely on a Mariah/Whitney level likextina1

You can't be serious. Not even the devil could've came up with this lie lol3

4 minutes ago, Lynk said:

You can't be serious. Not even the devil could've came up with this lie lol3

Which pop girl that debuted in the late 90s is seeing Bey? None. A household name through and through, standing the test of time with the talent to back it up. Denying Beyoncé will go down as a musical great like Whitney and Mariah is truly crackhead energy moo5

Hate is a really strong word because I do still like her but...

Mariah is an artist I grew up on, like my mom would constantly play her stuff and I was just mesmerized with her voice. She actually is the reason I wanted to start singing in the first place. Point is, I don't know what it is that happened but sometime around 2008/2009 she just didn't hit the same for me vocally. I want to say this was when she started getting really nasally and her voice stopped being so fluid.

Caution was a great album and I'm always perched for a new album from her, but her voice went from godly to pretty annoying and unhealthy a lot of the time to me and it makes me sad.

On a less sad note, another one is Gaga. When she first came out she was really exciting! But with time she just felt more and more extra for the sake of it instead of with a reason, and the music didn't really back it up either.

Then she just dropped it to do other things and it makes me feel like it was never really part of her identity in the first place. Even moreso when you compare stuff like Enigma and Chromatica "crazy ga" to her in her prime.

Chromatica did grow on me as an album, but it's not the return to form I was really hoping for. She definitely does still have it in her, I just want her to push herself there.

I wouldn't say that I hate her but I in general kind of lost interest in Rihanna after Loud. Talk That Talk and Unapologetic were both incredibly underwhelming albums and while I don't hate Anti, the era just felt a little lazy in comparison to what she'd done before, especially the tour. It just felt more and more like she wasn't fully invested in it anymore and it turned me off. 

the only artist i genuinely dislike after being a former fan is miss minaj, for obvious reasons dead2 

i also went from being a huge and nearly lifelong lana stan to being extremely apathetic. her music is genuinely great and i listen to it often, but she really lost me with her recent antics and her music just doesnt slap the same since. i still enjoy her discography, but i doubt i'll ever care about her again like i used to

Gaga and Katy have both been underwhelming me for the past couple of years I always listen to their old shit instead. They’re still my queens but they haven’t made it easy. scream2

I don’t hate any of the stars but I guess if I had to pick it would be Xtuna. Her new projects have made me like her even less. Same with Ketchup. brit8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.