Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

GAGA

Pop girls you used to love but now hate. Why?

I think the main pop stars I fell out of love with are Gaga and Lana. Gaga’s albums and personality after born this way don’t really resonate with me and her stanbase kinda put me off her more. I do bop to her a lot lately though brit16

With Lana I just got less interested with every album she put out, but her antics lately just make her so dislikable ari9

9 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Azealia Banks. Her Music used to be good until Ice Princess. Also her personality is terrible rip4 

It's sad she had to go and ruin herself with....herself. 1999 and BWET were fantastic and she really could've been been something. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's sad she had to go and ruin herself with....herself. 1999 and BWET were fantastic and she really could've been been something. 

This. Her personality ruined her whole career when she could have been bigger than any other rappers like Nicki Minaj

I don't "hate" her, but it's Gaga for me. She was such a positive influence on my life when I was younger, and really opened me up into the world of pop and dance music. I started to stop being enthralled with her as a person around after Born This Way came out, and especially ARTPOP. But it was Joanne that really tanked my interest in her music. Her over-insistence on being a "real artist" while being saccharinely nice really became an annoyance. She also just came off as pretty juvenile and lacking artistic growth. Her music became less relatable to me. I haven't even brought myself to listen to Chromatica in full (even though I actually like Rain On Me). Idk, I still love revisiting her first four albums (despite distancing myself from her as an artist, I do really like Born This Way and ARTPOP) but I don't even go back to watch old interviews for nostalgia-sake. I've just lost my connection to her as a person. 

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

With Lana I just got less interested with every album she put out, but her antics lately just make her so dislikable ari9

I remember stanning Lana when she first came out but I can't bring myself to listen to a full album of hers after that debut. She has good songs here and there but she's very monotonous to me. jj4

and that's just her music.

Idk if I hate her or dislike her but Lizzo. When she came out I was rooting for her and she was a breath of fresh air but then she started getting more annoying with her antics being desperate for chart success, begging for streams and sales and just generally being obnoxious.

• Ariana Grande (Reason: petty behavior, annoying persona, thinly veiled blackface)
  • Azealia Banks (Reason: her entire personality and behavior, you get the gist)
  • Beyonce (Reason: pretentiousness, exploitation of black culture, idea theft)
  • Charli XCX (Reason: her 'PC music', or whatever else you'd call it, is trash)
  • Lizzo (Reason: desperation for chart success, the Grammy fraudulence)
  • Poppy (Reason: harassment and victim blaming, false abuse allegations, selfishness)

Katy Perry -

I loved her music from ‘08 to... I’d say ‘14.

There have been a few good songs she’s done since then,

but I think she’s just gone downhill and she’s not that interesting anymore 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nicki Minaj - 

Ever  since the Remy Ma diss, she’s become EVEN MORE arrogant than she used to be.

I felt like she became really jealous when Cardi came into the picture.

Her 2 U.S. #1’s were basically 2 desperate attempts at getting one. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jessie J - 

“Who You Are” was a good era. Then when “Alive” happened, I slowly lost interest in her.

“Bang Bang” was SHIT!!!

Plus the way Michelle Visage dissed her on the RuPaul podcast about her being a diva

made me question what she was really like behind the scenes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Camila Cabello - 

I liked her in the beginning of her solo career. Havana became an overrated mess,

but there were songs on her album that I liked and felt were underrated.

I started disliking her as a person though,

and THEN all the racism stuff came out and I thought “I’m done now”

I haven’t listened to her 2nd album 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lady Gaga - 

I don’t hate her at this moment actually.

But after “Born This Way”, the eras after, while I like the fact she’s tried different sounds/genres, have been a mess.

I mean yea she has an Oscar now, but whatever.

I still haven’t listened to “Chromatica”.

The amount of times “Stupid Love” and “Rain On Me” have been played on the radio, like any song really, has put me off.

I like “Sour Candy” though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I kinda fell out of love with Beyonce tbh.. with the main reasons being the entire TIDAL mess, Everything is Love being extremely underwhelming and her entire persona feeling kinda contrived and unrelatable   ari6

From the ones I have on my badges I'll say that Rihanna is lowkey getting on my nerves. It's not that she's not releasing music, it's just the constant teasing: if you're not gonna release music any time soon say it like it is. It's not that hard to say "Right now I don't feel like doing music, but I will get back to it sometime in the future" and leave it there.

7 hours ago, tomás said:

I don't hate her but I literally can't stand Rosalía. I still love her music but I think she's as dumb as it gets dead4 

Tbh I lowkey agree. I'm still interested in her music, but her personality has just shifted. I also hate this new accent she has when she speaks in Spanish. Like where the fuck did that come from?

juicy1

1 hour ago, Manel said:

Tbh I lowkey agree. I'm still interested in her music, but her personality has just shifted. I also hate this new accent she has when she speaks in Spanish. Like where the fuck did that come from?

I’m afraid she’s an instagram thot now dead4 

OT: I can’t really think of anyone. I don’t take it THAT seriously to be devoted to hate someone. If I said shit about your faves - don’t worry, it’s for the kii. And to make you feel better I most likely bopped to their songs too. 

10 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I’m afraid she’s an instagram thot now dead4 

I don't think she's an instagram thot, but she need to leave LA asap.

I feel like she's losing her essence and she's becoming a mix of every female latina artist and posh LA people (like the Kardashians).

I don't hate anyone, cause yikes, none of them hurt me. But there are a few I used to stan, but don't really care for anymore.

Rihanna - The Rated R era made me a stan and I LOVED her up until Anti. I've never cared for an artist more besides Britney. The long wait from Unapologetic to Anti was kinda off-putting in itself, but when I didn't even like the album that much I kinda lost interest in her. It feels like she only cares about makeup and underwear now.. But if the next album is good she might win me me over again.

Kesha - I used to stan so hard from Animal up until Warrior. I completely understand why I took her so long to release new music, but I must admit I lost interest. Her new music is not my cup of tea either, besides a few songs (Praying, Woman, My Own Dance).

Nicki Minaj - She lost me with Queen tbh. She's also pretty unbearable as a person, but if she releases any good features or music of her own in the future I will still bop and I will continue to bop to her old music.

Lady Gaga - I used to be her biggest hater in my early days on FOTP dead2 I really disliked her when she started going super weird.. But I liked her again after ARTPOP, then she lost me with Joanne, but I'm more into her now after Chromatica.

Demi Lovato - Started stanning her when she released Unbroken. I'm kinda on the fence with her, I've enjoyed all of her releases, but she can be kinda unbearable sometimes. I hope she delivers again with her next album, I Love Me was not it for me but I love I'm Ready..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.