Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

GAGA

Pop girls you used to love but now hate. Why?

19 minutes ago, Manel said:

I don't think she's an instagram thot, but she need to leave LA asap.

I feel like she's losing her essence and she's becoming a mix of every female latina artist and posh LA people (like the Kardashians).

Pls, all she does now is lip sync on her IG stories and uploading some tik tok videos dead4 

6 hours ago, Manel said:

Tbh I lowkey agree. I'm still interested in her music, but her personality has just shifted. I also hate this new accent she has when she speaks in Spanish. Like where the fuck did that come from?

juicy1

Omg the accent SENDS me lmfao1 I'm not familiar with Spaniard accents by region but I can tell when somebody's faking and everytime she skips a "d" or an "s" I scream a little

48 minutes ago, tomás said:

Omg the accent SENDS me lmfao1 I'm not familiar with Spaniard accents by region but I can tell when somebody's faking and everytime she skips a "d" or an "s" I scream a little

do you have an example video sis? i didnt notice her changing accents.. a hag tea  rip3 

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

do you have an example video sis? i didnt notice her changing accents.. a hag tea  rip3 

everytime she sings she does that sksk. in KLK she says " bendeci'a" instead of bendecida, in TKN she says heri'a instead of herida rip4 for interviews id have to look them up but im kinda sure she does it there too

7 minutes ago, tomás said:

everytime she sings she does that sksk. in KLK she says " bendeci'a" instead of bendecida, in TKN she says heri'a instead of herida rip4 for interviews id have to look them up but im kinda sure she does it there too

the cringe dead1 

14 hours ago, Strobo said:

Mariah is an artist I grew up on, like my mom would constantly play her stuff and I was just mesmerized with her voice. She actually is the reason I wanted to start singing in the first place. Point is, I don't know what it is that happened but sometime around 2008/2009 she just didn't hit the same for me vocally. I want to say this was when she started getting really nasally and her voice stopped being so fluid.

I don't know why but in the E=MC2 era her voice always sounded really dry. Yet by 2009 her voice was almost back to Charmbracelet levels and her belting was some of the best in her career. The thing for me is that i feel like as her voice has declined her artistry in terms of vocal arrangements has growth, E=MC2 was probably her weakest era vocally, yet the album has some of her most creative arrangements and harmonises. Generally speaking 2009 - 2013 were good years vocally for Mariah, in 2014 her voice got darker but gradually got better through 2016/17. I feel like currently she's lost some of the upper belting but her overall vocal condition is better than it was in 2016. Her main issue lately has been stage fright, especially on live TV however this is getting better.

4 hours ago, tomás said:

I can tell you that there's no region in Spain that has that accent.

And I'm 90% sure that there's no country in South America who uses that accent either.

2 minutes ago, Manel said:

I can tell you that there's no region in Spain that has that accent.

And I'm 90% sure that there's no country in South America who uses that accent either.

i guess it's like her own accent mixed with andalucian accent but... yeah it's not giving eve1

3 hours ago, tomás said:

That's her trying to mimick an andalusian accent, which is typical from a region here in Spain.

Her spoken accent is what irks me the most, probably because I'm really used to her old typical Spaniard accent.

5 minutes ago, tomás said:

i guess it's like her own accent mixed with andalucian accent but... yeah it's not giving eve1

Not really. Here she also used the andalusian accent when singing but her spoken accent was still very "neutral".

I feel like it has more to do with her hanging out with americans and latinos who were probably born in the US (or have lived there for years).

I don’t hate any of them, but there are ones I’ve lost interest in.

Katy Perry- I stanned her through TD and Prism, but she lost me with the Witness era. I liked NRO, but none of her other singles recently have done it for me.

Rihanna-Became a stan during Rated R, but Unapologetic lost me. Anti didn’t bring me back on board, but I am curious to see what she’ll do next since it’s been so long

Black Eyed Peas-Was obsessed with The E.N.D. and The Beginning when they were first out, but I outgrew them. I still like hearing the hits from The E.N.D. though

On 7/8/2020 at 4:29 AM, Gilly said:

3) Beyonce ... She kinda lost me after Self Titled because she started coming off as overly calculated...

She's always seemed that way to me, which is why I never found her that appealing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.