Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Why stans call Beyonce a thief?

They claim she's a thief because she gets songwriting credits for songs she was barely involved in. They also call J. Lo a thief for using backup vocals from the original writers of some of her songs.

It's a hypocrisy and the funny thing is that it's often Britney fans that call her a thief when Britney did/does the exact same thing.

5 minutes ago, Madonna said:

They claim she's a thief because she gets songwriting credits for songs she was barely involved in. They also call J. Lo a thief for using backup vocals from the original writers of some of her songs.

It's a hypocrisy and the funny thing is that it's often Britney fans that call her a thief when Britney did/does the exact same thing.

But i've check Britney's album credits and she's credited as a songwriter in less than 10 songs of her whole discography. fall8

3 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

But i've check Britney's album credits and she's credited as a songwriter in less than 10 songs of her whole discography. fall8

I was referring to the accusations towards J.Lo.

It's more than just songwriting credits though. They accuse her of stealing dance moves, videos, tour concepts, etc. The first thing that comes to mind is the Countdown video

There are more videos on YouTube but you get the idea

The ah-ah-ah-ah-eh-oooo at the beginning of Drunk In Love, my fave part of the song actually, and I thought she sang it herself or hired a folk singer to do it. But later I found out she stole it from some chick on Youtube who sang Folk European music or something. I should've known Beyonce never had the vocal talent for that shit whit2

The rapping/talking part at the beginning of the Formation video and throuhout the song, the family of that rapper sued her and banned her from putting it on her movie on HBO or something.

For some reason, none of this ever becomes a huge deal or tarnish her reputation, only pop culture stans care, her stans never give her flack for any of this fuckery either, they always laugh it off, and say stuff along the lines of "Beyonce still more talented than your faves" etc.

This third one may be a reach, but she also stole the arrangement for Crazy in love from some random chick on youtube to put it on the 50 Shades of grey OST. Crazy in love is her own song, so I'll give a pass for that one. But it's still lowkey unethical to steal someone else's arrangement. 

I love this soulful cover, so did Beyonce I guess whit2

45 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Because Britney barely writes her own songs. Beyoncé is involved in the entire process. There’s few documentaries available on YT where you can see that. The entire 4 album for example - you can see the entire journey of her creating an album. Yes, she uses help from other songwriters and producers, but so does every other pop star nowadays. 

38 minutes ago, Lynk said:

It's more than just songwriting credits though. They accuse her of stealing dance moves, videos, tour concepts, etc. The first thing that comes to mind is the Countdown video

There are more videos on YouTube but you get the idea

These are all lawsuits against Beyoncé but why would anyone call her a thief just because she approves final result and she’s happy with it? She doesn’t have to know Belgian, Mexican and other choreographers or Hungarian singers. It’s not like she’s choreographing her pieces by herself or produces entire songs on her own, please. 

Plus she’s been sued left and right, cause everyone wants a piece of that cake lmao. I bet she doesn’t give a fuck at this point 

Stolen songwriter credits + the stolen video concepts and choreographies @Lynk mentioned whit2

Regarding another opinion in this thread, I personally think it's just ignorant to say it's desperate for an artist to point out their work being copied by a bigger one, especially to be a blind stan saying that shit because the bigger one is your fave. Someone's art is their art, and they have the human right to defend themselves. Period.

15 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

These are all lawsuits against Beyoncé but why would anyone call her a thief just because she approves final result and she’s happy with it? She doesn’t have to know Belgian, Mexican and other choreographers or Hungarian singers. It’s not like she’s choreographing her pieces by herself or produces entire songs on her own, please. 

Plus she’s been sued left and right, cause everyone wants a piece of that cake lmao. I bet she doesn’t give a fuck at this point 

I never said she was a thief, was just pointing out why she is often called one. 

12 minutes ago, Venom said:

Stolen songwriter credits + the stolen video concepts and choreographies @Lynk mentioned whit2

Regarding another opinion in this thread, I personally think it's just ignorant to say it's desperate for an artist to point out their work being copied by a bigger one, especially to be a blind stan saying that shit because the bigger one is your fave. Someone's art is their art, and they have the human right to defend themselves. Period.

I agree that a lot of artists should have the right to defend themselves and their work but often times, a lot of these big names get sued because a lot of these underground/washed up acts are looking to make a quick buck off big acts. It happens to a number of other big names, not just Beyonce. I'm not ignorant to the fact that this does happen but have we ever noticed that a lot of lesser known individuals very rarely, if ever get sued. Perfect example is Lizzo's Truth Hurts. She wasn't hit with a lawsuit until the song blew up

6 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I never said she was a thief, was just pointing out why she is often called one. 

I agree that a lot of artists should have the right to defend themselves and their work but often times, a lot of these big names get sued because a lot of these underground/washed up acts are looking to make a quick buck off big acts. It happens to a number of other big names, not just Beyonce. I'm not ignorant to the fact that this does happen but have we ever noticed that a lot of lesser known individuals very rarely, if ever get sued. Perfect example is Lizzo's Truth Hurts. She wasn't hit with a lawsuit until the song blew up

The Lizzo case had to do with a confirmed songwriter, who already talked about the song previously, getting upset that he wasn't seeing any of the royalties. I think it was completely valid rip4

49 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I also never said that you called her a thief. Just saying that some of these lawsuits and allegations are hideous

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Nobody said it’s desperate. Of course it’s their right to sue if they feel like their body of work was copied or blatantly stolen but there’s too many people in this equation and just to call Beyoncé a thief is a reach

Long story short, it’s because she doesn’t give credit where credit is due and usually has to get sued before she’ll give any acknowledgments or royalties to those who came up with the original concepts, choreography, etc. that she steals. So yeah she’s a thief like a certain other artist whose name we don’t know  moo12

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.