Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Mariah Carey | The Meaning Of Mariah Carey | 29th September 2020

Wasn't sure what to title this so may change it in the future...

Just thought i'd create a thread to post updates, talk and discuss Mariah's upcoming memoir. It's rumoured to be getting released in September with the cover due to be released tomorrow (9th July). 

2 minutes ago, Royale said:

already outsold caution oprah15

I hope it's gonna be really juicy. I think she's going to surprise release a song to coincide with it too as she's been recording music for quite a while now. 

2 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I hope it's gonna be really juicy. I think she's going to surprise release a song to coincide with it too as she's been recording music for quite a while now. 

I don’t think she would but I wouldn’t mind hearing it! 

The title is just okay but also that doesn't matter too much for me. I'm also surprised that she had a co-author.

I love the cover, though. I just am so excited for this. I am very invested in hearing what she has to say about her life – her own words, without the time constraints or the contrived nature of interviews and such.  

2 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Who's been listening to the audiobook?

(Somewhat spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

My heart was breaking when her voice was breaking talking about her Mom and sister... This book just brings a whole new understanding of Mariah and so many of her songs. oprah7

I'm going to listen to it each night before bed, i'm currently about an hour in. I agree it's really sad and touching. Although i've never been in situations anywhere near what Mariah has there were stories she told in that first hour alone that i could connect with. 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, Miss Show Business said:

Who's been listening to the audiobook?

(Somewhat spoilers)

Hide contents

My heart was breaking when her voice was breaking talking about her Mom and sister... This book just brings a whole new understanding of Mariah and so many of her songs. oprah7

She’s the only reason I downloaded the Audible app bebe1

Hearing Mariah read her own story definitely adds to the book and makes it more intimate. It gets even more amazing because she actually took the time to sing some of the lyrics for us cry7

It just hurts because, like you said, her voice breaks at certain points and sadly I can relate to her pain/experiences. I told myself I wasn’t going to cry but I had to stop at one point because one of her lines hit me really hard brit2

On 9/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, Billie Frank said:

I'm going to listen to it each night before bed, i'm currently about an hour in. I agree it's really sad and touching. Although i've never been in situations anywhere near what Mariah has there were stories she told in that first hour alone that i could connect with. 

I was also planning to read a little bit day by day and had told my self I was going to have something to read for the entire week but it’s just so good and I couldn’t stop sis. I took the day off yesterday to relax but then I got lost in the book when I realized it got delivered to my house moo1

So far this is a pretty damn good book (as it was expected to be) but I’m shocked at how this woman is still so nice to her haters because she could’ve easily gone in way harder and dragged their asses to hell for the shit they’ve done jj3

Spoiler

Some spoilers moo7

Spoiler

She still doesn’t know a certain female entertainer in the book bey7

Spoiler

She ends Part III: All That Glitters by bringing up the fact that Loverboy became the best-selling single of 2001 and then flawlessly says “I’m Real” moo13 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.