Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Katy Perry | Smile | August 28, 2020

On 8/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Joanne said:

did Smile chart well this week with the video?

No, as of now it's still yet to break into the Hot 100 and doesn't appear to be in the top 25 of Bubbling Under this week either. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

No, as of now it's still yet to break into the Hot 100 and doesn't appear to be in the top 25 of Bubbling Under this week either. 

Kinda sad. It really deserves better. I love the song

On first listen:

Prism=Smile>Witness>One of the Boys>Teenage Dream

Spoiler

I'm over the trend of songs getting shorter and shorter. NRO is the longest track on the main album and its not even 4 minutes long jj4

That said, the album is more accesible than Witness and overall has less filler than Prism. I do feel like it lacks connective tissue or a common thread amongst the tracks. Not to mention the inconsistency on aesthetics for the campaign. I know Katy's personality is all these things (fun, sexy, vulnerable, funny, mature, silly) but it's hard to keep track sometimes.  Still a pleasant listening experience tho and I didn't feel like skipping songs at all.

-Weaker track(s): What Makes A Woman, High On Your Supply rip1

Tucked wouldve made such a great follow up single to NRO

7 hours ago, plutoniano said:

On first listen:

Hide contents

I'm over the trend of songs getting shorter and shorter. NRO is the longest track on the main album and its not even 4 minutes long jj4

That said, the album is more accesible than Witness and overall has less filler than Prism. I do feel like it lacks connective tissue or a common thread amongst the tracks. Not to mention the inconsistency on aesthetics for the campaign. I know Katy's personality is all these things (fun, sexy, vulnerable, funny, mature, silly) but it's hard to keep track sometimes.  Still a pleasant listening experience tho and I didn't feel like skipping songs at all.

Tucked wouldve made such a great follow up single to NRO

HOYS - is 3:57(this is so bad)  and NWW is 3:45.

I don't agree about WMAW at all, I LOVE this track! one of the best and different from what she did.

10 hours ago, plutoniano said:

On first listen:

Hide contents

Just listened. Not sure how I feel about it. I like all the singles she released. But I don’t know the direction sound wise she was going for. It’s a pretty generic pop album. Nothing special. Was hoping for a bit more. I don’t like the album but I like it at the same time. Felt like I heard everything before. I feel like Katy turned into Katy Perry in her career and became a character. Now she is Katy Hudson but I feel like she’s lost in finding the balance/sound between herself and Katy Perry. I really love the girl tho. Gonna give this a few more listens tho. 

Ummm album is bit disapointing jj4

I will wait for hq version to honestly judge it, but so far i have like maybe 3 songs that caught my attention: cry about it later, teary eyes, and from already released songs harleys is okay, but outside that i dunno. Lyrically its not good, production and music is kinda basic ohno1

Im in minority that thinks witness was actually really good, it had great production and really good tracks, its pity it was hated so much, cos she was on right path to some great future projects and all that hate pushed her back into this basic generic mess mad12

Oh i forgot tucked is not bad too. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.