Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Katy Perry | Smile | August 28, 2020

20 hours ago, Kenya said:

It's easily one of her most mature tracks to date ny3 underrated bop ny3 

If it was released by chart peak Katy, it would've been a multi-week #1 smash. I was actually perplexed by its tragic chart run. Seriously one of her best tracks ny3 

So strange thing happend, after some time album actually grown on me A LOT. i'm surprised as I wasn't expecting this, on a release i was more disapointed than excited for it to the point where i was thinking if maybe i should cancel the alternate covers order as there is no point and it not cheap to get it here from US for album i dont like. Finally i decided to sleep on it (thanks Madonna bebe1 ) because day after day, song after song i started to like it more and more ari6

At this point there are only two songs i usually skip and they are: Resilient - i dont get this song its pointless and im pretty sure i heard some demo some time ago that sounded 1000 better than this verison and the cliche lyrics ari1

Other one is what makes a woman as its pretty much mandatory im gonna be mom/ be strong my daughter  song to record for every pregnant singer on the planet earth ever. I guess they always have to get that one out of the system. 

And never worn white is meh. 

The rest however, im loving now bebe1

Also if anyone have High On Your Supply in mp3 320kbs i would be thankful, scratch that, baby, grateful. bebe1

21 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

So strange thing happend, after some time album actually grown on me A LOT. i'm surprised as I wasn't expecting this, on a release i was more disapointed than excited for it to the point where i was thinking if maybe i should cancel the alternate covers order as there is no point and it not cheap to get it here from US for album i dont like. Finally i decided to sleep on it (thanks Madonna bebe1 ) because day after day, song after song i started to like it more and more ari6

At this point there are only two songs i usually skip and they are: Resilient - i dont get this song its pointless and im pretty sure i heard some demo some time ago that sounded 1000 better than this verison and the cliche lyrics ari1

Other one is what makes a woman as its pretty much mandatory im gonna be mom/ be strong my daughter  song to record for every pregnant singer on the planet earth ever. I guess they always have to get that one out of the system. 

Also if anyone have High On Your Supply in mp3 320kbs i would be thankful, scratch that, baby, grateful. bebe1

Resilient would have been better if that backing track isn't so absurd. The lyrics are also a bit jumbled. The allegories used are so unrelated to each other; she is a flower in the chorus but also a lamp at one point ("light up the room"). What Makes a Woman really should have stayed a folky guitar-only track. Throwing that dance beat really ruined it.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, Unapologetic Bitch said:

I'm glad to see you've come around whit1 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:02 PM, Gilly said:

tucked is such a bop 

it reminds me of birthday a bit rip3 

I feel like it would do well in the clubs with a good remix! However the official remixes she does are often...not that great.

9 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Tbh, despite not liking the album all that much, I have to admit that the Smile booklet, especially Japanese version with High on Your Supply, is really great! https://www.encartespop.com.br/2020/10/encarte-katy-perry-smile-japanese.html?m=1

I agree, it's really gorgeous! The Cry About It Later pages are stunning. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.