Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Exhale

So... Thoughts on Smile?

It's nothing special musically. The lyrics are honest and motivating, that's nice. The singing is subpar, which is weird because Never Really Over served amazing singing from her, but I guess the composition doesn't require standout singing moments as it's just a cute little bop. NRO stays superior.

6 minutes ago, Infrared said:

whatever she had at the beginning of last decade, she doesn't have it anymore  tay2

Her vocals aren't mixed properly. and it feels vaguely similar to CTTR without the charm or pacing. 

My biggest problem is the mixing as well... like, it's so amateur and flat sounding when a song like that should have a more "3D" sounding mix mad8

But honestly, other than that, I hope she releases the version with Diddy as a remix and I'll bop to that one.

7 hours ago, Merryem said:

genuinely one of my least favorite katy songs ever rip4 it sounds so..........dull...and the complete lack of a bridge...idk rip4 it sounds like a demo and is irritatingly repetitive...i'm really gonna hate this era huh rip4 

really hoping the other songs on the album serve more NRO and less this and daisies

Couldn’t have said it better.

The lyrics are atrocious (‘had a piece of humble pie’ fall4) and it is not that great sonically. 
If you’re song is under 3 minutes she should have at least given us a stellar bridge. 

it’s a pass from me. 

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

Floppage/engagement/pregnancy ari9

This could've work in a positive way. ari9 Or having Orlando Bloom at the top of you each nightari9

Just now, Moira O'Hara said:

This could've work in a positive way. ari9 Or having Orlando Bloom at the top of you each nightari9

Daisies named after the fact he made her Bloom ari9

15 hours ago, Infrared said:

whatever she had at the beginning of last decade, she doesn't have it anymore  tay2

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Dr Luke tay2

Sorry but it's true. 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, Gabe. said:

MAX LEGEND

GABESUS cry0

It's so crazy how much of a nostalgia wave can hit you by just reading a freaking USER NAME. Ugh, this place, the memories.

9 hours ago, Max said:

GABESUS cry0

It's so crazy how much of a nostalgia wave can hit you by just reading a freaking USER NAME. Ugh, this place, the memories.

omg fuck my life and fingers, i downvoted by mistake. rip4

i missed your presence! how have you been doing??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.