Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Is Future Nostalgia the Teenage Dream of the 2020s ?

re: the -mostly- Gaga stans rushing in fucking hives into a positive Dua thread while presumably ~bopping to ARTPOP rehashes, 90s eurotrash and whatever mockery your fave served on that turd of a record always has me in stitches for some reason. rip4

"its not even that good!!!!11111", "omg is Dua so big now???" well guess what, just because yall can't STAND seeing another female pop artist have her moment -rightfully so- during a year that was supposedly and yall thought it would be about your fave killing it -she hardly is, once a fad always a fad i guess sistren1!!- doesn't take away from Future Nostalgia being exactly what it is - wall to wall BOPS and the proper birth of a bonafide pop star with a mad work ethic and vision. queenbitch1

so SIT already and STOP coming for Dua or at least stop repeating yourselves through and through and find something new or idk. jodie1

40 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

re: the -mostly- Gaga stans rushing in fucking hives into a positive Dua thread while presumably ~bopping to ARTPOP rehashes, 90s eurotrash and whatever mockery your fave served on that turd of a record always has me in stitches for some reason. rip4

"its not even that good!!!!11111", "omg is Dua so big now???" well guess what, just because yall can't STAND seeing another female pop artist have her moment -rightfully so- during a year that was supposedly and yall thought it would be about your fave killing it -she hardly is, once a fad always a fad i guess sistren1!!- doesn't take away from Future Nostalgia being exactly what it is - wall to wall BOPS and the proper birth of a bonafide pop star with a mad work ethic and vision. queenbitch1

so SIT already and STOP coming for Dua or at least stop repeating yourselves through and through and find something new or idk. jodie1

Whew this read came out of  nowhere but was needed jj1

45 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

ajay1 someone pushed a few buttons. Not everyone has to think an album is 10/10. I'm pretty sure these same girls said Chromatica was just the same. and this thread was in response to someone calling it the TD of the 2020s which it's clearly not. I'm clearly not seeing what the issue is if that question is being answered ari6

6 minutes ago, Infrared said:

ajay1 someone pushed a few buttons. Not everyone has to think an album is 10/10. I'm pretty sure these same girls said Chromatica was just the same. and this thread was in response to someone calling it the TD of the 2020s which it's clearly not. I'm clearly not seeing what the issue is if that question is being answered ari6

nope, its yalls buttons being pushed by Future Nostalgia -as Dua seems to be living rent free in yalls heads- serving longevity already with potentially 3 other hit singles in its bag while your fave crawled back into her hole and gave yall NOTHING but an insipid lead single and a desperate chart pandering follow up neither of which have had any form of longevity while the possibility of a third single is looking grim already.  brit8

TD is known for it's incredible commercial success, not so much it's sound. ((iirc, it was generally dragged for being childish but that's irrelevant, that was during a time people like to trash talk any and all pop))

FN really isn't going to serve anything remotely similar, and I don't think anyone has been able to since 1989. Album rollouts are so different now for better or for worse.

It doesn't take away Future Nostalgia being a solid pop record though! Besides, Dua still has plenty of time to grow and peak. This is only the beginning tbh

4 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

nope, its yalls buttons being pushed by Future Nostalgia -as Dua seems to be living rent free in yalls heads- serving longevity already with potentially 3 other hit singles in its bag while your fave crawled back into her hole and gave yall NOTHING but an insipid lead single and a desperate chart pandering follow up neither of which have had any form of longevity while the possibility of a third single is looking grim already.  brit8

no one needs to live rent free. Shockingly you can listen to two artists at the same time brit8

ROM still top ten Spotify WW so I see why girls are mad  ari6

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

The random meltdown when only 1 Gaga stan in this thread said FN isn't that good

sugykyW.gif

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

This read! oprah15 Finally someone said it!

11 hours ago, Infrared said:

no one needs to live rent free. Shockingly you can listen to two artists at the same time brit8

ROM still top ten Spotify WW so I see why girls are mad  ari6

ROM 3 weeks in hot100 top ten while DSN 20 weeks in the top ten so I see why girls are pressed over Dua ari6

5 hours ago, Gravity said:

ROM 3 weeks in hot100 top ten while DSN 20 weeks in the top ten so I see why girls are pressed over Dua ari6

Going back to the thread YOU made that has nothing to do with the fact that it's less successful than Teenage Dream. No one said Dua wasn't a success and no one even mentioned Gaga was MORE or LESS successful yet somehow here we are again you guys keeping true to the narrative that she really does live rent free in your minds.  It's a bit sad. 

sugykyW.gif

6 hours ago, Gravity said:

Break My Heart comes to serve longevity too i see. 

sugykyW.gif

19 hours ago, Gabe. said:

sis where did this come from I- most of the people in here disagreeing with the OP aren't even gaga Stans?

I didn't even come for dua, I like the album and even had her stan badge earlier this year rip3 I just don't think the album is that good rip3 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.