Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Most disappointing sequels?

6 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Sims 4 and Star Wars 7-9 

Were you excited every time a new sequel trilogy movie came out? I would figure by 9 you would've been more like "all right, let's get this over with" if you had been unimpressed with every movie bebe1 

25 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah the 2015 one sucks but the 2017 Battlefront II I thought was quite good, actually bebe1 

Omg.. I played the 2015 and absolutely hated it fall4 

I think I own the 2017 one somewhere but I've been nervous to play it ny4 

The 2015 one at least felt like it stripped all the best features from the originals..

36 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Sims 4 and Star Wars 7-9 

I actually liked the 7th mad2 

But didn't enjoy the 8th and absolutely HATEDDDDDDD the 9th rip1 

If we count TV show sequels, Legend Of Korra obviously jj3

One of the most disappointing entertainment moments in memory, considering ATLA is my favorite show of all time.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Omg.. I played the 2015 and absolutely hated it fall4 

I think I own the 2017 one somewhere but I've been nervous to play it ny4 

The 2015 one at least felt like it stripped all the best features from the originals..

Yeah, there was...no appeal to the 2015 Battlefront rip2 other than the visuals I guess.

The story campaign alone, I think, makes the 2017 Battlefront II worthwhile. It's fun, and I actually found myself invested in the story. It also had amazing characterisations for the original trilogy characters, especially Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker. They even got Billy Dee to voice Lando!

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It was truly horrific nicki5 Jem and the Holograms, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Predator...those were all incredibly woeful too but none were as excruciating as It: Chapter Two and at least they weren't slapped with as long of a runtime nicki5 

I think it was always set up to fail after the 1st one. 

No nostalgia factor

we knew how it ends

no mystery

it was still a great effort in my opinion

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, there was...no appeal to the 2015 Battlefront rip2 other than the visuals I guess.

The story campaign alone, I think, makes the 2017 Battlefront II worthwhile. It's fun, and I actually found myself invested in the story. It also had amazing characterisations for the original trilogy characters, especially Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker. They even got Billy Dee to voice Lando!

Omg.. That is actually good to hear jj4  Did they bring back the old modes they had in the originals? Like the capture the flags mode?

1 hour ago, Honey said:

@Dan you like Star Wars??? kylie9

Yes!!! kylie1  Not like a super-fan, but definitely a fan :P

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Omg.. That is actually good to hear jj4  Did they bring back the old modes they had in the originals? Like the capture the flags mode?

Yes!!! kylie1  Not like a super-fan, but definitely a fan :P

They didn't have that specifically, but they do have a custom arcade that has a few different modes: Team Battle, Starfighter Team Battle, Onslaught and Starfighter Onslaught, which you can alter the circumstances of. There's also Battle Scenarios where you sometimes reenact scenes from the films and the goal changes, like survival or killing a certain amount of enemies or just a straight battle. Which I think are fun, but I'm mostly enamoured with the campaign.

In terms of TV shows, most shows that I couldn't finish... such as Dexter, Revenge. 

Movies, I can't think of anything, I don't remember most things I watched nicki5. The first thing that came to mind was Finding Dory... it wasn't as funny as Finding Nemo, 1st one had me in stitches for the whole movie. 

Video games, Final fantasy sequels after 12 were pretty disappointing. The stories didn't make sense. 

On 7/16/2020 at 3:03 PM, Dan said:

If we count TV show sequels, Legend Of Korra obviously jj3

One of the most disappointing entertainment moments in memory, considering ATLA is my favorite show of all time.

LOK is good nicki5 except season 2

16 hours ago, Infrared said:

LOK is good nicki5 except season 2

I liked Season 3 nicki5

Everything else .. nope nicki5

- Elder Scrolls Skyrim was literally a sandbox for PC players. There were so many things left out and unfinished. The Dark Brotherhood quest line was supposed to be so much longer than it was but was rushed 

- HIStory 3: Make Our Days Count was AMAZINGLY GOOD Taiwanese BL drama but the last 2 episodes were COMPLETELY disappointing. They (spoiler alert)

Spoiler

They fucking kill off one of the main characters when he was living happily with his boyfriend and he forgets his wallet at their apartment so he goes back to get it and he gets hit by a car and dies scream2

They never even show the accident. The last thing the show in the episode before last was his boyfriend going to meet him half way. Then the last episode is set several (like 6?) years in the future and he's with a girl cos ~he can't replace his boyfriend~

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.