Sign in to follow this  

If Sam & Cat had been a big hit...

...how do you think it would've affected her musical career? nicki5 

Like, let's imagine there's an alternate universe where that show didn't get canned after one season and maybe even was still on to this day - you figure she would've done less music? nicki5 Embraced acting more in general? nicki5 Would you be watching it (if you ever did)? nicki5 

I figure she's kind of a workaholic so we still get all the music and there's just a show on that I'm not watching nicki5 No harm done!

Tbh I still don’t see it lasting long. She was definitely prioritizing her music career and once Problem smashed out of the gate, it was game over for the show regardless of how well it was doing. dead2 

The way I forgot this show even happened .... 

4 minutes ago, Divine said:

Tbh I still don’t see it lasting long. She was definitely prioritizing her music career and once Problem smashed out of the gate, it was game over for the show regardless of how well it was doing. dead2 

I was kind of imagining she'd be under contract in this scenario. I figure they'd have lined her up for at least like four years or so since her character's name is in the title rip2 

I thought it was wished by executives to go longer, but because of the whole pay gap & drama between Ariana and Jennette that it was cancelled. Though, I still think Ari would've dropped that show QUICK after her music career kicked into overdrive dead2 

13 minutes ago, Jake said:

I thought it was wished by executives to go longer, but because of the whole pay gap & drama between Ariana and Jennette that it was cancelled. Though, I still think Ari would've dropped that show QUICK after her music career kicked into overdrive dead2 

Tbh I just assumed it didn't get good ratings, I wouldn't have guessed there was this much dramatic baggage attached to a Nickelodeon series dead2 

"Media outlets attributed the cancellation to a salary dispute between McCurdy and Nickelodeon, an alleged feud between McCurdy and Grande, the leak of racy photographs of McCurdy, the rising music career of Grande, and both actresses' desires to move on to other projects."

On 7/16/2020 at 10:16 PM, Divine said:

I second this. 

I think her music would have been a bit different I think was around the time My everything and Dangerous Women.. i think DW would have been a bit more PG