Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

GAGA

Which FOTP fav has the WORST voice?

29 minutes ago, STJ said:

jj4 I thought i was gonna be blown away, but gurl, she literally sings from the throat, that's why I can't stand her live performances. 

Most people don't have no idea of throat singing.

24 minutes ago, Lynk said:

A person's throat is where sound comes from. Isn't that where your vocal chords are? Anyways,  Rihanna "singing from her throat" can't be as bad as sounding like you have cotton balls stuck in your nose for the past 20+ years 

Obviously jj4 but you're supposed to use your diaphragm to support your voice so it sounds resonant and you don't go offkey (like in rihanna's case). 

I don't even like gaga, but this is an example of not singing from your throat, it sounds resonant and clear:

Not saying britney can sing like this, but she sounded like this in some of performances. People coming for britney's voice, while praising Madonna and Rihanna's baffles me to no end. 

If you're gonna come for britney, literally have to come for katy, lana, madonna and rihanna, literally the bad singers of the faves. jj4

Just now, STJ said:

Obviously jj4 but you're supposed to use your diaphragm to support your voice so it sounds resonant and you don't go offkey (like in rihanna's case). 

I don't even like gaga, but this is an example of not singing from your throat, it sounds resonant and clear:

Not saying britney can sing like this, but she sounded like this in some of performances. People coming for britney's voice, while praising Madonna and Rihanna's baffles me to no end. 

If you're gonna come for britney, literally have to come for katy, lana, madonna and rihanna, literally the bad singers of the faves. jj4

Britney is definitely the least vocally capable out of all the favs after like... 2000, I don't know why anyone is trying to defend this especially when she is ALSO very throaty and offkey when she uses her real voice.

You can prefer her tone but it doesn't make her a more capable singer this ain't rocket science lol

5 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Britney is definitely the least vocally capable out of all the favs after like... 2000, I don't know why anyone is trying to defend this especially when she is ALSO very throaty and offkey when she uses her real voice.

You can prefer her tone but it doesn't make her a more capable singer this ain't rocket science lol

She can still sing better than the others I mentioned. Something to talk about live showed she can still sing using support and had resonance, won't post the video here, cuz people kept making fun of it jj2

12 minutes ago, STJ said:

Ikr, Madonna or Rihanna don't seem to "breathe" , for starters. At least, Katy tries. 

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

She can still sing better than the others I mentioned. Something to talk about live showed she can still sing using support and had resonance, won't post the video here, cuz people kept making fun of it jj2

Agree to disagree. People only talk about that performance because she half uses her natural voice but it's extremely pitchy and oftentimes overcompressed and throaty. Not to mention she's so used to the baby voice she doesn't really navigate the upper parts of the performance without slipping into it and those sound messy as hell.

Credit where it's due though, there are a couple nice belts and growls and if she got a vocal coach and rebranded she'd do well at that.

This is about worst VOICE right? Not the singing ability/capability, not technique or emotional delivery? Just voice, right? It means tone/timbre right? Perhaps a bit of range?

Worst: Katy. Didn't see that one coming did ya? aretha1

I can agree that Britney has bad singing quality, but her voice alone is kind of pretty. Her soft falsetto/coo is cute. Her nasal voice is, well, there. Her deeper voice is nice even though the potential for any greatness had eroded over years.

10 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Agree to disagree. People only talk about that performance because she half uses her natural voice but it's extremely pitchy and oftentimes overcompressed and throaty. Not to mention she's so used to the baby voice she doesn't really navigate the upper parts of the performance without slipping into it and those sound messy as hell.

Credit where it's due though, there are a couple nice belts and growls and if she got a vocal coach and rebranded she'd do well at that.

Love this unbiased comment oprah7

15 minutes ago, Tama said:

This is about worst VOICE right? Not the singing ability/capability, not technique or emotional delivery? Just voice, right? It means tone/timbre right? Perhaps a bit of range?

I can agree that Britney has bad singing quality, but her voice alone is kind of pretty. Her soft falsetto/coo is cute. Her nasal voice is, well, there. Her deeper voice is nice even though the potential for any greatness had eroded over years.

You know, if it's just VOICE gotta agree

She's not bad at singing, but her voice is just very cold and awkward sounding to my ears. (Maybe it's her producers)

23 minutes ago, Tama said:

I don't think any of them has a bad voice. Nobody does (aside from born conditions). It's how you use it (singing ability) that determines how good or bad it sounds. 

Some people are naturally gifted singers (Xtina), some sound good due to training (beyonce, gaga), and some... no matter how many lessons, will still sound bad.... dead1because they don't have an affinity for singing. 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

surprised no one mentioned the obvious choice: Lana

Because if someone did they'd likely end up breaking the FOTP record for most downvotes on a post. wendy3

28 minutes ago, STJ said:

I don't think any of them has a bad voice. Nobody does (aside from born conditions). It's how you use it (singing ability) that determines how good or bad it sounds. 

Some people are naturally gifted singers (Xtina), some sound good due to training (beyonce, gaga), and some... no matter how many lessons, will still sound bad.... dead1because they don't have an affinity for singing. 

I agree entirely Xtina is naturally gifted but it should be pointed out she has poor technique, she's the literal definition of throat singing and at a musicality perspective she often overdoes things. Gaga is a good singer but her technique is questionable, she uses this fake belting voice which can't be that healthy. Beyonce is great but she growls too much for my taste. 

Rihanna isn't that bad, she naturally has a nice tone and can project well. If she worked on her voice she could improve. 

In terms of the faves (my personal opinion)

Vocalists: Ariana, Beyonce, Xtina, Gaga, Mariah

Can stay on key: Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift

Great gowns, beautiful gowns: Britney, Lana, Madonna.

Katy has actually improved quite a bit, especially in the last few years, her belting at times is almost on par with the vocalists and she's pretty consistent. Her main issue in my opinion is that often she tries to do adlibs and they're often pitchy and out of place. Taylor at 30 years old still shouts like a school talent show contestant instead of belting with good technique. 

12 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I agree entirely Xtina is naturally gifted but it should be pointed out she has poor technique, she's the literal definition of throat singing and at a musicality perspective she often overdoes things. Gaga is a good singer but her technique is questionable, she uses this fake belting voice which can't be that healthy. Beyonce is great but she growls too much for my taste. 

Rihanna isn't that bad, she naturally has a nice tone and can project well. If she worked on her voice she could improve. 

I know of three performances where Xtina used her throat purposely to create that "soulful" effect, Aint no way, it's a man's world and stormy weather. But for her 2018-2020 tours, she's been singing It's a man's world in a healthier way, not as throaty as that Grammy's performance nicki5 Agreed for beyonce, and gaga's shallow performances.

Rihanna could sound good, but she doesn't care, and she smoked/or is still smoking, so definitely won't help. 

4 minutes ago, STJ said:

I know of three performances where Xtina used her throat purposely to create that "soulful" effect, Aint no way, it's a man's world and stormy weather. But for her 2018-2020 tours, she's been singing It's a man's world in a healthier way, not as throaty as that Grammy's performance nicki5 Agreed for beyonce, and gaga's shallow performances.

Rihanna could sound good, but she doesn't care, and she smoked/or is still smoking, so definitely won't help. 

Those are specific examples however in general her belting is very throaty and her voice is damaged. There has been a massive improvement in the last 2 years but her technique is still flawed, i am aware her throaty belting is a stylistic choice and that one of her biggest inspirations is Etta James. 

Gaga since around 2014 has used this technique, but it's especially noticeable when she sings more classical songs. She's trying to add resonance to her belts but it normally sounds force and is achieved by lowering the larynx. 

I agree with Rihanna. 

3 hours ago, STJ said:

Rihanna has proven on a number of times that she's a more than capable singer. I do agree that she just doesn't care sometimes plus she's lazy as hell. I love her but I'm not blind to that. She's gotten much better over her career and, if she feels like it, can be even better. The performances I posted sows that she's easily a good singer. She's not Mariah or Xtina good, but still good nonetheless. I still stand by what I said about Britney but I don't think she's the worst singer of all time. Honestly, all shade aside, Britney does have moments where she sounds OK, her voice isn't one dimensional and boring and she sounds pretty good on the record. There are a lot of singers that do even have the last two to their names. She still sounds like she's got cotton balls in her nose though

5 hours ago, Sylk said:

surprised no one mentioned the obvious choice: Lana

The way I keep forgetting that Lana exists rip4

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Selena hands down. No natural voice, no technique, weak, can’t belt, pitchy. There’s no comparison. brit5 

In the UK theres a singer called Cheryl Cole or whatever her last name is. I'd say she's just as bad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.