Ariana

Kylie Minogue | Disco | November 6, 2020

4 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

Its high time the gays aknowledge the reigning Queen of Pop jay1

Long may she reign moo6

yas1

I am just floored by all the promo the Kween is doing (unlike others who just dropped an album) ari11

11 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

I knew this album was gonna be her best since Aphrodite since the release of MAGIC but wow this album is definitely her best in a while, Molden and Stream Me Once found dead in a Shelby 68 ellie1 

Oh Hunty,

giphy.gif

ari7Im so shocked because this album is not instant love for me as Golden was, I have hard time focusing on new tracks or even remembering them really ari7 , but it might not be album fault but because recently my work became a unbearable shit show so i might not be able to give proper attention and focus for DISCO as my mind drifts off in different directions quickly mad12

However tonight i was able to finally gave it some time, and get to know some songs better, and

(highlights are underlined)

MAGIC - I really liked it when it came out and it's still one of albums best tracks.

MISS A THING - is a fucking amazing track, one of Kylie best but it's so weird because it is Kylie however at the same time its like those MTV Classic euro pop groove songs of late 90s/early 00s kinda like early Sophie Ellis Bextor a bit, just simply beautiful and amazing, probably my fave of DISCO.

REAL GROOVE - is also on of album highlights, for me feels bit like a sister track to Miss A Thing, its sweet and smooth, really great.

Monday Blues  - for now its not doing much for me, its like cute but shrug1i was expecting bit more a ballad type of song, but i like that guitar in the background.

Supernova - is really good, its kinda what I think Kylie and Jake Shears collab record could have been, however it doesnt click with me 100% yet.

Say Something - it's cute but it doesn't do that much for me, as a first song of album I was playing it quiet a lot, but right after second track came out i stopped paying it that much attention ,

I still think Acoustic version is far better than album version. and i can bet that this is the Golden outtake Kylie couldn't just let go ny5

LAST CHANCE - is another strong moment of Disco its pretty cool and kinda another Scissor Sisters vibe like song,

I LOVE IT - another of my faves, i loved it when it was released and love it still.

Where Does the DJ Go? - i'm unsure what to think of this song honestly its nice and fun but at the same time again for now more meh shrug1

DANCE FLOOR DARLING  - another of album highlights it gives me vibes of Lost Without You for some reason, and I love how it speeds up closer to the end.

Unstoppable - it gives me some filler vibes, something like sexy love from KMO for now it's not doing much for me.

Celebrate You - after reviews i had kinda different idea what this song could be, it has some things i really like but at the same time its kinda meh, but I think unlike Monday Blues this one has potential to be grower for me because of it's lyrics.

Till You Love Somebody - nice album track i guess?

FINE WINE  - after few meh tracks this is album being back on track, I really like this one, its fun, love the Kylie Wine promo, it could easily replace one of album tracks.

HEY LONELY - its very good, but it misses something in chorus for me to be really included on my highlights list, the chorus are kinda weak and it's a shame because it has so much good in it.

Spotlight - is on one hand like Kylie or Madonna oldies with modern twist, but I also forget how did it sounded after it ends.

7 highlight songs for now is not that bad, but it worries me a bit, but i definitely need more time with album, and probably when all my orders come and I'm gonna hold it finally in my hands it might feel different then, or I'm going to finally murder certain people at my work and will have lot of free time in jail. One of those for sure.

I think what for me is one of album issues is that lot of lyrics are kinda simple and not that creative or personal. It's nice fun record but it's bit...shallow - compared to others.

This is her best album since Aprhodite in my opinion. 

I've listened through it twice and it's definitely made me escape the shit show that 2020 has been. It really takes you out on a euphoric journey of 70's disco nostalgia.

My ranking of the tracks:

Holy Trinity

Miss a Thing

Say Something

Celebrate You

Great Songs

Last Chance

Real Groove

Magic

Dance Floor Darling

Where does the DJ Go?

Good Songs

I Love It

Supernova

Unstoppable

Rubbish

Monday Blues

I don't understand why Monday Blues is Track 4? It's not even good enough to be a bonus or B-Side. The bonus tracks are better

Just now, Empathica said:

This is her best album since Aprhodite in my opinion. 

I've listened through it twice and it's definitely made me escape the shit show that 2020 has been. It really takes you out on a euphoric journey of 70's disco nostalgia.

My ranking of the tracks:

Holy Trinity

Miss a Thing

Say Something

Celebrate You

Great Songs

Last Chance

Real Groove

Magic

Dance Floor Darling

Where does the DJ Go?

Good Songs

I Love It

Supernova

Unstoppable

Rubbish

Monday Blues

I don't understand why Monday Blues is Track 4? It's not even good enough to be a bonus or B-Side. The bonus tracks are better

Ikr! Fine Wine could replace that mess

2 hours ago, Empathica said:

completely agree, i read on an interview she said it almost didnt make it to the album rih9