Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Madonna has only 5 songs with 10+ weeks in the top 10. Why?

9 minutes ago, STJ said:

The irony of this post dead2 Didn't know Britney was the benchmark for longevity jj2 

Here are some stats you left out:

360 weeks - Rihanna

283 weeks - Mariah Carey

Britney is not Madonna's peer bey4  Leaving out Mooriah's and Paula's stats to make your narrative of the 80's and 90's charting system affecting madonna only:

#14 We Belong Together - Mariah

#38 One Sweet Day - Mariah

#77 Rush Rush - Paula Abdul

I see the point of the thread though, the good sis Madonna is the most successful overall, but if you look at each decade individually, she's overshadowed by her peers, then in the late 90's and onwards she was overshadowed by Shania twain and younger artists. 

Wow, he really was selective with Paula Abdul 😲

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

3 - Mariah is not Madonna's peer. Their careers branched like a decade apart. Is Bey Mariah's contemporary? 

No. But Mariah is definitely considered Madonna's peer sass1 

It's like Gaga is considered Brit/Xtina/Bey's peer even though she debutted 10 years later. sass1

15 minutes ago, STJ said:

I see the point of the thread though, the good sis Madonna is the most successful overall, but if you look at each decade individually, she's overshadowed by her peers, then in the late 90's and onwards she was overshadowed by Shania twain and younger artists. 

It's not her fault MJ aka the biggest mainstream musical act of all time was her peer though brit8

In the 80's, no other woman did better. And we're talking about worldwide here aka where the remaining 7b+ people reside. rih6

Whitney was the only one challenging Madonna in the 80's but even then her album sales fell shorter and was not the touring beast that Madge was.

Whitney Houston - 21.9m

Whitney - 19.8m 

Vs.

Madonna - 9.6m

Like A Virgin - 21.2m

True Blue - 22.6m 

Who's That Girl - 5.4m

You Can Dance - 5.8m

Like A Prayer - 14.3m

She's undoubtedly the #1 female of the 80's but certain members think they're doing something by playing mad delulu

3 hours ago, Moira O'Hara said:

When i say troll i mean a Madonna *fan*, not a Madonna *hater*. Fans make fun of their fave too you know, but they keep it cute. I'll not even try it with you anymore. lol2

How is having  a picture of Madonna photoshopped to make her look younger funny to begin with? rip3 

Either way you’re still glorifying a younger aesthetic and yet always bitching about ageism. Pick a side. whit2

2 hours ago, Infrared said:

post Mariah sis juicy1

1 hour ago, STJ said:

The irony of this post dead2 Didn't know Britney was the benchmark for longevity jj2 

Here are some stats you left out:

360 weeks - Rihanna

283 weeks - Mariah Carey

Britney is not Madonna's peer bey4  Leaving out Mooriah's and Paula's stats to make your narrative of the 80's and 90's charting system affecting madonna only:

#14 We Belong Together - Mariah

#38 One Sweet Day - Mariah

#77 Rush Rush - Paula Abdul

The skulldrags lmfao1 

25 minutes ago, Michael. said:

How is having  a picture of Madonna photoshopped to make her look younger funny to begin with? rip3 

Either way you’re still glorifying a younger aesthetic and yet always bitching about ageism. Pick a side. whit2

Kii at the first sentence, considering you were finding funny some questionable "troll" threads (or posts, i don't remember) about Madonna's age and body few weeks ago. rip3 ..ok i guess. rip3

14 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Kii at the first sentence, considering you were finding funny some questionable "troll" threads (or posts, i don't remember) about Madonna's age and body few weeks ago. rip3 ..ok i guess. rip3

What does this have to do with me dummy? rip3 

I’m not the one to cry about ageism, which is the point.

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

What does this have to do with me dummy? rip3 

I’m not the one to cry about ageism, which is the point.

Ok. and you were the one supporting ageism. rip3

14 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Ok. and you were the one supporting ageism. rip3

No. But you are dumb as fuck, having any discussion with you is a waste of time at this point. rip3 

You complain about ageism but support these fake edits of Madonna looking 20 when she’s 60. You have no logic nor concern about ageism. rip3 

Suddenly Madonna is a flop because some of her singles didn't spend a lot of weeks on Shitboard.  lol3  Ironically, many of those songs are iconic.

On the other side, Moo spent 16 weeks at the top with One Boring Day, a song that is forgotten. jj3 

Is @Michael. pressed because @Madonna dragged Blackout in Did In The Zone deserve a Grammy?   thread?  sia2 

3 minutes ago, Michael. said:

No. But you are dumb as fuck, having any discussion with you is a waste of time at this point. rip3 

You complain about ageism but support these fake edits of Madonna looking 20 when she’s 60. You have no logic nor concern about ageism. rip3 

The insults. jj3 

It is interesting that you call someone dumb yet you don't understand what ageism is. orly1 

11 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Yikes imagine opening a bait thread and ending up getting warned yourself 

11 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Suddenly Madonna is a flop because some of her singles didn't spend a lot of weeks on Shitboard.  lol3  Ironically, many of those songs are iconic.

On the other side, Moo spent 16 weeks at the top with One Boring Day, a song that is forgotten. jj3 

Is @Michael. pressed because @Madonna dragged Blackout in Did In The Zone deserve a Grammy?   thread?  sia2 

I couldn’t care less about that thread lmfao1 

Wrong guess, try another one? 

17 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Sis please, you were supporting actual ageist posts few weeks ago and now you come to preach about ageism and what ageism is, don't even think someone will take you seriously. fall8 You think i'm waiting for you to tell me what's ageist and what's not. fall8 Imagine looking at my avi and thinking the pic was made to be taken seriously, the reach, bye. fall8

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.