Jump to content

Who had the best debut album?

Recommended Posts

Out of all the FOTP Faves, who came the hardest for their debut album?

E0-B8-E429-14-AC-4-B8-F-8-EB5-0-AAD07-BA

- The platinum certified, top 10 hit debut album Yours Truly from Ariana Grande?

- The 4x platinum certified, Grammy winning, no. 1 debut album Dangerously In Love from living legend Beyoncé?

- The 14x platinum certified, no. 1 debut album ...Baby One More Time from Britney Spears?

- The 8x platinum certified, no. 1 self-titled debut album Christina Aguilera from Legend X?

- The platinum certified, top 10 debut album One Of The Boys from Katy Perry?
- The 6x platinum certified, no. 2 debut album The Fame from pop icon Lady Gaga?
- The platinum certified debut album Born To Die from cop fucker Lana De Rey?

- The 5x platinum certified, top 10 self-titled debut album Madonna from Madame X?

- The 9x platinum certified, no. 1 self-titled album Mariah Carey from the illusive chanteuse?
- The gold certified, top 10 debut album Music Of The Sun from Avon lady Rihanna?
- The 7x platinum certified, top 5 self-titled debut album Taylor Swift from the iconic hillbilly?

 

Discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aretha1obviously Britney takes the cake for sales

 

 

alex1 but you cannot deny The Fame’s impact. Poker Face, Just Dance and Paparazzi being massive hits. LoveGame and Starstruck remaining GeePee favorites regardless of sales. The fact it tops the Dance Albums charts continuously, a decade later. Ms Gaga did fucking that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born To Die >>> lana14 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One Of the Boys alex1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inspired (a bit) by my thread I see. bey5

The best debut album doesn't refer to the sales to me. Quality has to be at least on par with quantity. Mariah, Madonna, and Gaga all have great debut albums so I say them. Personal bias would be MC debut because I'm a Lamb first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Joanne said:

but you cannot deny The Fame’s impact. Poker Face, Just Dance and Paparazzi being massive hits. LoveGame and Starstruck remaining GeePee favorites regardless of sales. The fact it tops the Dance Albums charts continuously, a decade later. Ms Gaga did fucking that.

She DID what needed to be DONE. Pop music was saved with ONE ALBUM. F*gs forever in her debt I fear rav2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Born To Die >>> lana14 

 

15 minutes ago, Max said:

One Of the Boys alex1 

 

Just now, Gilly said:

born to die 

 

E0-B8-E429-14-AC-4-B8-F-8-EB5-0-AAD07-BA


Absolutely not 

E0-B8-E429-14-AC-4-B8-F-8-EB5-0-AAD07-BA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fame wins this tbh, now THAT was a cultural reset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brit8 yes but BTD only had 1 decent hit & left zero impact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GAGA said:

 

 


Absolutely not 

E0-B8-E429-14-AC-4-B8-F-8-EB5-0-AAD07-BA

i mean in terms of quality, BTD is my fav but TF is def the most successful and impactful debut of the 21st century

 

E0-B8-E429-14-AC-4-B8-F-8-EB5-0-AAD07-BA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britney obviously. How is this even a question though? Britney had the best debut of any of FOTP fave and arguably any artist in history. Gaga and Mariah are close behind though. I wasn't around during Mimi's debut but 4 #1 songs from a debut album? Not everyone has that plus during Gaga's debut she was everywhere. It almost got really annoying at one point.

1 hour ago, GAGA said:

The 2x platinum certified, top 5 debut album Music Of The Sun from Avon lady Rihanna?

When did it become 2x platinum? It thought it was Gold brit14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lynk said:

When did it become 2x platinum? It thought it was Gold brit14

Mess I pulled A Girl Like Me’s stats instead of MOTS juicy1

Fixed sksksks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariah Carey. 

 

Prisoner is that song! Mariah rapping is legendary. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Mariah Carey. 

 

Prisoner is that song! Mariah rapping is legendary. 

 

My second choice tbh, the only reason I picked Gaga over her is because Mariah only kept peaking but Gaga didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Strobo said:

My second choice tbh, the only reason I picked Gaga over her is because Mariah only kept peaking but Gaga didn't.

Moo is just that bitch clap3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaga, tbh. The Fame is just a fucking stellar album. For me, personally, MC is very close. Her debut is a super solid pop album for the time. A good mixture of uptempos and ballads, most of the tracks could have been released as singles and done well, and she was able to establish who she was as an artist. Not to mention one of the best vocalist in recorded history at her most pristine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6x platinum selling album Let Go by Hello Kitty songstress and MTV VMA's best new artist, Avril Lavigne.


A cultural reset:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Gaga, tbh. The Fame is just a fucking stellar album. For me, personally, MC is very close. Her debut is a super solid pop album for the time. A good mixture of uptempos and ballads, most of the tracks could have been released as singles and done well, and she was able to establish who she was as an artist. Not to mention one of the best vocalist in recorded history at her most pristine. 

There’s so much taste and truth in this response I feel like the only right thing to do is close the thread to any further replies

IZO3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×