Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

The Queen VS The Princess

The Queen VS The Princess  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better overall?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/23/2020 at 10:00 PM

giphy.webp

VS

source.gif

The Queen of Pop brit9 VS The Queen of Pop mad4. Without question the two biggest pop stars of all time (male or female). But of the two, who reigns supreme? Base your decision on the following criteria:

• Debut Era
  • Peak
  • Artistry
  • Comebacks (Plural since they both have more than one)
  • Sales
  • Vocals
  • Videography
  • Impact and Legacy
  • Overall Career

Also try not to be biased in your opinion. (I say this now knowing most of you will do the opposite lol3) I'm gonna have a poll open so you can vote there and it'll close in 24 hours. The artist with the most votes wins. You guys can argue have a civil discussion in the reply section. Also, if this does well I might make this a regular thing .

Debut Era - Britney BOMT is possibly the biggest debut ever.

Peak - Britney. Britneymania was REAL. Biggest star on the planet, sponsorship deals everywhere, on every show and magazine, most searched celeb for 8 out of 10 years during the 00s.

Artistry - Madonna. Innovative and leading pop to new dimensions time and time again.

Comebacks (Plural since they both have more than one) - Madonna. One after the other... true reinventions.

Sales - Madonna. The numbers speak for themselves.

Vocals - Britney. Not recently of course, but in their primes, Britney’s voice was unique and iconic. Her singing during her mickey mouse club days also proves she could belt, if only her team didn’t force her baby voice. brit2 

Videography - Britney. She served that.

Impact and Legacy - Madonna, DUH?

DANCING / CHOREOGRAPHY - Britney. Why is this not a category? brit4 

Overall Career - Madonna. No one can surpass Madonna. But Britney securely holds the Princess of Pop title. brit10 

• Debut Era: Britney
  • Peak: Britney (Britney was top of the world when pop music was it's most relevant)
  • Artistry: Madonna (She has more diverse music than Brit)
  • Comebacks (Plural since they both have more than one): Britney (After all Brit faced would end most people's career) 
  • Sales: Madonna 
  • Vocals: Britney
  • Videography: Britney
  • Impact and Legacy: Madonna for impact, Britney for legacy (Madonna's legacy is tarnished by her desperate attempts in recent years and just tons of bad decisions in her personal life)
  • Overall Career: Britney (imo)

The true  answer bey6 Madonna has more longevity and sales and a bigger impact (Regardless of how inflated it is by pop fans).  Brit is clearly more talented but Madonna ventured more in her career and experimented more.

16 minutes ago, GAGA said:

Madonna obviously 

CoolGrouchyDungbeetle-size_restricted.gi

it’s almost as if you wanted Brit to be dragged with this thread

CoolGrouchyDungbeetle-size_restricted.gi

I genuinely didn't. I'm just curious about what other the other FOTPers have to say. Plus it's a good comparison 

Britney honey I'm so sorry you're about to get dragged.

• Debut Era: Britney, she exploded onto the scene in a way very few have
  • Peak: Madonna, Britney might have been massive but Blonde Ambition Madonna is in another league that few have matched
  • Artistry: Madonna and it's not even close
  • Comebacks (Plural since they both have more than one): It's close because they've both went through some shit, but I'll give it to Britney. Her career looked completely over with the events that went down in 2007 (which unfortunately still have effects today). In Madonna's case, I've said before she was never really gone per se. Even if Erotica all the way up to Ray of Light was a long process of her redeeming herself to the GP.
  • Sales: Madonna, there's no argument here. She's the best selling solo act.
  • Vocals: Britney gets the edge because she's played with her voice in a lot of interesting ways from Debut-Blackout, only returning to that with Glory. Still, I'd call Madonna a more consistent singer thanks to the Evita training. Overall it's still Britney because she used to have vocalist potential (and still does under all the bad habits and fake voice)
  • Videography: Madonna and imo it's also not close. Bedtime Story alone ends careers.
  • Impact and Legacy: Madonna, and again it's not close. Madonna has about 15 years of career before Britney and she paved the way for pop stars like her to exist.
  • Overall Career: Madonna.

This honestly would've been a much more fair comparison if you did Britney vs Rihanna or Britney vs Gaga, Brit and M are two very different artists.

• Debut Era Britney
  • Peak Britney Pretty much undisputable, her peak was better than anybody in the history of music, I think maybe Elvis Presley's could be comparable. 
  • Artistry Britney Not many people know this, but Britney is a very talented songwriter, she wrote 80% of Everytime, the most beautiful and iconic ballad ever. And several other songs on her own/with others. She has an affinity for songwriting.
  • Comebacks (Plural since they both have more than one) Britney
  • Sales Madonna
  • Vocals Britney As I wrote many times in other threads, Britney's voice sounds better than most pop girls. Not as good as Mariah, Whitney or Xtina, but her voice is at the top out of the non-vocalist artists.
  • Videography Britney Slumber Party showed that Britney still got what it takes to make a great video. Her videos are just too iconic, from BOMT, Oops, to Toxic, literally most pop girls have copied the idea of Toxic, the multi coloured hair anti-heroine in a sci-fi setting. Circus was also another iconic moment.  
  • Impact and Legacy Madonna
  • Overall Career Madonna Madonna has a more successful career but she's been flopping for the past 15 years. Britney is still only 40, she can have more comebacks if she wants, but I don't think she wants to. Madonna is just one of those people, like Beyonce and Taylor Swift, who can handle life issues and divorces/breakups/husband problems better than other people. Xtina basically fell apart after her divorce too but she handled life issues better than Britney. 

I've seen already many things i wanna quote but i'll keep it cute. The only thing i wanna ask is how some of you being objective and at the same time you pick Britney in the videography option.

ZlFGCVS.gif

11 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

I've seen already many things i wanna quote but i'll keep it cute. The only thing i wanna ask is how some of you being objective and at the same time you pick Britney in the videography option.

ZlFGCVS.gif

I don't know any moo4 good Madonna videos beside Hung Up and maybe Human Nature. moo4 Don't say bitch i'm madonna is a good video moo2

5 minutes ago, STJ said:

I don't know any moo4 good Madonna videos beside Hung Up and maybe Human Nature. moo4 Don't say bitch i'm madonna is a good video moo2

Oh Father, Bad Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Take a Bow, all serving short films realness, meaningful music videos with storyline. Bedtime Story, Vogue, Frozen, The Power of Goodbye, Girl Gone Wild, Medellin, God Control, Ghosttow, Express Yourself, Die Another Day, Erotica, the visuals, the cinematography, the excellence. Batuka, Secret, Like a Prayer, Dark Ballet, the messages, the cinematography, the budget.

ZlFGCVS.gif

12 minutes ago, STJ said:

15 minutes ago, STJ said:

Girl just say you don't like Madonna and go.

One of these artists has a music video in the Museum of Modern Art, and the other doesn't.

Just because YOU think she doesn't have good videos, doesn't make it truthful. Britney wishes she could have a videography as diverse and acclaimed as Madonna's

21 minutes ago, STJ said:

Madonna has a lot of great videos like Bedtime Stories, Frozen, Fever, Human Nature, Hollywood etc.  moo4 Like a prayer comes to mind but it's actually quite corny moo4 most of her videos aren't that special or above your average popstar. I mean most of britney's videos aren't that special either but she serves choreo to make up for it so i voted for her. Overall i'd say their tied, Madonna has probably 3x as many videos as Britney anyway

I really love them both, they are both friends, I think they just came out in different eras and have done many different things

And tbh that why one is the Queen and one is the princess..... 

That's why Britney call her her inspiration <3 

Just now, BreatheeOnKnee said:

Madonna has a lot of great videos like Bedtime Stories, Frozen, Fever, Human Nature, Hollywood etc.  moo4 Like a prayer comes to mind but it's actually quite corny moo4 most of her videos aren't that special or above your average popstar. I mean most of britney's videos aren't that special either but she serves choreo to make up for it so i voted for her 

You know choreo isn't enough to make a music video great tho? gaga4 Like a Prayer is one of the most iconic videos of all time and has 0 choreo. Interesting storyline, visuals, message, creativity etc. are more important. Her videos have been the subject of much analysis, she's considered the artist with the best videography. gaga4

8 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

Oh Father, Bad Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Take a Bow, all serving short films realness, meaningful music videos with storyline. Bedtime Story, Vogue, Frozen, The Power of Goodbye, Girl Gone Wild, Medellin, God Control, Ghosttow, Express Yourself, Die Another Day, Erotica, the visuals, the cinematography, the excellence. Batuka, Secret, Like a Prayer, Dark Ballet, the messages, the cinematography, the budget.

ZlFGCVS.gif

I'm surprised you didn't say Material Girl, that one is more fun to watch than most of these dead2

6 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I like the song, but there's literally nothing special about this video? Maybe I'm not artistic-minded, but this has no replay value whatsoever...

5 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Girl just say you don't like Madonna and go.

One of these artists has a music video in the Museum of Modern Art, and the other doesn't.

Just because YOU think she doesn't have good videos, doesn't make it truthful. Britney wishes she could have a videography as diverse and acclaimed as Madonna's

Sis it's just an opinion... someone asked why I picked Britney over Madonna's for videography, it's simply because I find Britney's videos have more replay values. 

4 minutes ago, STJ said:

Sis it's just an opinion... someone asked why I picked Britney over Madonna's for videography, it's simply because I find Britney's videos have more replay values. 

And that's fine but kii at acting like Madonna doesn't have good videos.

Also kii at acting like Britney has more artistry than Madonna like, the whole point of this was to not be biased and if you think some cute choreo or the occasional written song makes someone who's whole career involves songwriting and visuals... brit5

2 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

You know choreo isn't enough to make a music video great tho? gaga4 Like a Prayer is one of the most iconic videos of all time and has 0 choreo. Interesting storyline, visuals, message, creativity etc. are more important. Her videos have been the subject of much analysis, she's considered the artist with the best videography. gaga4

Ofcourse gaga4 But Like A Prayer comes off as pandering to me and overrated. Like she wanted to make a song against racism so she hired a bunch of black church goers to be in her video and wore her natural dark hair and curled it up and pissed off a bunch of christians. Madonna's videos aren't always so creative, she has a lot of basic uninteresting videos earlier in her career like Lucky Star and Live to Tell as well as later in her career like 4 minutes and bitch i'm madonna. But she also has some of the BEST pop videos so does Britney

1 minute ago, Strobo said:

And that's fine but kii at acting like Madonna doesn't have good videos.

Also kii at acting like Britney has more artistry than Madonna like, the whole point of this was to not be biased and if you think some cute choreo or the occasional written song makes someone who's whole career involves songwriting and visuals... brit5

Maybe I worded wrongly, Madonna has cute videos, but not many are as iconic as Oops or BOMT or Toxic.

Britney is not that much of a puppet as many people make it out to be. The whole BOMT video was completely her idea, her director said the same thing. They were gonna make it a cartoon, and if that happened, no way would Britney happened.

She doesn't write many songs, but neither have Celine or Whitney, it doesn't make them any less artistic than Madonna. How you sing the songs require artistry. The producers may suggest britney how to sing, but she has to use artistry to get it right. People act like she's Rebecca Black who just sings flatly and get autotuned and get hits.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.