Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Fave horror or sci-fi films?

What are some of your faves? Do you have any horror/sci-fi movies that others must see before they die? Do you have a fave horror film that isn't on anybody's best horror film list? not even the average or shitty list either?

Please list them. And write about them if you want to about why you enjoyed them. From any country or time period accepted.

Very long essay:

Spoiler

I love this Mexican horror film called, "Los Parecidos", translated to The Similars. I like it because it's weird but you can understand what is going on, you're always wondering what's going to happen next:

Spoiler

220px-The_Similars_poster.jpg

Another Mexican film I love is El Incidente, translated to, The Incident. It's another weird/abstract film which is more sci-fi than horror, the strange scenarios in the film draw me in, and I kept wondering how is this going to end?:

Spoiler

The_Incident_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

Other non-English horror films I love include, The Eye, Nang-nak, Rec1-4, Cold Prey1-3, Train To Busan, Pan's Labyrinth, Terrified, and Krasue: Inhuman Kiss.

English horror films faves include, The Others, The Sixth Sense, Hostel 1-3, Final Destinations 1-5, B4, No Solicitors, Devil, most of films based on Stephen King's novels such as The Shining, The Gift, The Mist, Pet's Sematary and Carrie, Exam, The Human Race, Ghost Ship, Circle, and the Autopsy of Jane Doe. 

I've seen most sci-fi films, but I love ones that deal with time travel, time loop, aliens, apocalypse and space travel.

Science Fiction faves include: 

Paradox

Spoiler

MV5BODk0MTc5MjgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4

Time Lapse:

Spoiler

Time_Lapse_Poster.jpg

This is a short film about time travel I watched on youtube, this was few months ago when my attention span couldn't handle 120minutes films so I binged short films on youtube instead: 

Spoiler

Others include: Pandorum, The Fare, Infinity Chamber, Event Horizon, Life (2017), Species 1-3, The Cell, Splice, Upgrade and Otherlife.

The Thing (1982)

Alien

The Fly (1986)

The Stepford Wives

Annihilation 

Event Horizon

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Altered States

Slither

The Blob (1988)

The Faculty

28 Days Later

From Beyond

Re-Animator

Mimic

Scanners

Videodrome

The Cell

Splice

The Crazies (2010)

Phase IV

Screamers

Those are some of my favorite actual good sci-fi/horror films (particularly the top three). Some like The Fly, The Things, Invasion of the Body Snatchers are also remakes of films that had quite good originals from the 50s. For someone who can appreciate a bit more scholcky/monster movie vibe (with the occasional tinge of sophistication), I also quite like:

The Fly II

Prophecy

Critters

Leviathan 

Deep Rising

Galaxy of Terror

Lifeforce

Deep Blue Sea

Eight Legged Freaks

The Cave

Chopping Mall

Species II

The Stuff

11 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The Cell

Splice

Species II

Adding these to my OP, I thought about them but forgot about them jj2 I love the Species series 1-3. 

Sometimes I run out of things to watch, I do go back to older movies like Re-Animator and Galaxy of terror. There's also this anthology movie where you are locked in a capsule forced to watch horror movies, but I don't remember what it's called.

4 minutes ago, STJ said:

Adding these to my OP, I thought about them but forgot about them jj2 I love the Species series 1-3. 

Sometimes I run out of things to watch, I do go back to older movies like Re-Animator and Galaxy of terror. There's also this anthology movie where you are locked in a capsule forced to watch horror movies, but I don't remember what it's called.

I found the first Species kinda on the boring/underdeveloped side and I actually haven't seen III nicki5 Species II I thought delivered on the premise more than the first film did.

Some horror films I've watched recently that I really enjoyed:

Terrified (2018) from Argentina: 

This film gives me the creep, I never thought naked male body would be so horrifying brit15

Spoiler

movieposter.jpg

Krasue: Inhuman Kiss (2019) from Thailand: 

Spoiler

Inhuman_Kiss.jpg

On 7/22/2020 at 7:01 PM, Cha Eunwoo said:

What are some of your faves? Do you have any horror/sci-fi movies that others must see before they die? Do you have a fave horror film that isn't on anybody's best horror film list? not even the average or shitty list either?

Please list them. And write about them if you want to about why you enjoyed them. From any country or time period accepted.

Very long essay:

Reveal hidden contents

I love this Mexican horror film called, "Los Parecidos", translated to The Similars. I like it because it's weird but you can understand what is going on, you're always wondering what's going to happen next:

Reveal hidden contents

220px-The_Similars_poster.jpg

Another Mexican film I love is El Incidente, translated to, The Incident. It's another weird/abstract film which is more sci-fi than horror, the strange scenarios in the film draw me in, and I kept wondering how is this going to end?:

Reveal hidden contents

The_Incident_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

Other non-English horror films I love include, The Eye, Nang-nak, Rec1-4, Cold Prey1-3, Train To Busan, Pan's Labyrinth, Terrified, and Krasue: Inhuman Kiss.

English horror films faves include, The Others, The Sixth Sense, Hostel 1-3, Final Destinations 1-5, B4, No Solicitors, Devil, most of films based on Stephen King's novels such as The Shining, The Gift, The Mist, Pet's Sematary and Carrie, Exam, The Human Race, Ghost Ship, Circle, and the Autopsy of Jane Doe. 

I've seen most sci-fi films, but I love ones that deal with time travel, time loop, aliens, apocalypse and space travel.

Science Fiction faves include: 

Paradox

Reveal hidden contents

MV5BODk0MTc5MjgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4

Time Lapse:

Reveal hidden contents

Time_Lapse_Poster.jpg

This is a short film about time travel I watched on youtube, this was few months ago when my attention span couldn't handle 120minutes films so I binged short films on youtube instead: 

Reveal hidden contents

Others include: Pandorum, The Fare, Infinity Chamber, Event Horizon, Life (2017), Species 1-3, The Cell, Splice, Upgrade and Otherlife.

1. Final Destination 1, 2 & 3
  2. The Thing (2011)
  3. Scream
  4. The Blob
  5. Cabin In The Woods
  6. I Know What You Did Last Summer
  7. Hereditary
  8. Get Out

What I can think of off the top of my head

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply