Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Which era of music do you hate?

Which specific era or specific years do you hate the overall sound of pop music? 

For me it's the early 2010s ( 2010-2013). Everything sounded electronic and cheap. Dubstep and EDM abounded making everything sound dated on arrival. Plus the fact that only big name pop girls topped the charts and the fanwars caused were atrocious and there was no diversity of sound on the charts. Things are more relaxed now that pop girls don't top the charts consistently.

Just the thought of listening to an LMFAO song makes my head hurt vomit1

1) The britpop era, Oasis, Blur, The Verve etc. Their music isnt necessarily BAD (i love some songs) but the style of singing, the attitudes of the performers and whats worse...their FANS are feral.

Football hooligans who will take their shirts off outside the pub and sing wonderwall at the top of their lungs

2)mumble rap/trip hop or whatever the new rap sound is like. They will NEVER have the iconic status or longevity of people like Kanye by making the rap equivelent of elevator music ny12

2 hours ago, Gravity said:

For me it's the early 2010s ( 2010-2013). Everything sounded electronic and cheap. Dubstep and EDM abounded making everything sound dated on arrival. Plus the fact that only big name pop girls topped the charts and the fanwars caused were atrocious and there was no diversity of sound on the charts. Things are more relaxed now that pop girls don't top the charts consistently.

This and also the soundcloud rapper era. Literally every single one mumbled in their songs and they went #1.

The majority of the 2010’s.

It’s one of the worst decades in music imo.

The years I hated in particular are 2013 - 2015. 

The amount of EDM/Dubstep/Trap ruined the decade for me. 

There’s also some music from the 80’a and 90’s that I find too cheesy. 

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

1) The britpop era, Oasis, Blur, The Verve etc. Their music isnt necessarily BAD (i love some songs) but the style of singing, the attitudes of the performers and whats worse...their FANS are feral.

Football hooligans who will take their shirts off outside the pub and sing wonderwall at the top of their lungs

2)mumble rap/trip hop or whatever the new rap sound is like. They will NEVER have the iconic status or longevity of people like Kanye by making the rap equivelent of elevator music ny12

This ENTIRE post is sending me and I just don't know why rip2 

36 minutes ago, Exhale said:

The fact that now among the kids Tik Tok means something other than the Kesha song worries me awk1

It's not even that good of a song anyway. Dated electronic bop. It's not a loss. hottie1

Plus without the tik tok app songs like Say So or Savage would've never gotten the same attention to go #1 

Kinda the first half of the 80s cause of cheesy experimental rock and electronic music

Early 10's for same reasons you listed

Late 10's - present [Everything is the same tired trap sound now] 2013-2016 was a brief breathe of fresh air tho before things quickly went bad again

3 hours ago, Villanelle said:

fall1 What’s with the brits and their drunken singing? They do that ALL the time, everywhere dead2 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.