Which era of music do you hate?

Which specific era or specific years do you hate the overall sound of pop music? 

For me it's the early 2010s ( 2010-2013). Everything sounded electronic and cheap. Dubstep and EDM abounded making everything sound dated on arrival. Plus the fact that only big name pop girls topped the charts and the fanwars caused were atrocious and there was no diversity of sound on the charts. Things are more relaxed now that pop girls don't top the charts consistently.

Just the thought of listening to an LMFAO song makes my head hurt vomit1

Not really fond of this current, heavily trap dominated era when so few people are making something interesting out of it.

1) The britpop era, Oasis, Blur, The Verve etc. Their music isnt necessarily BAD (i love some songs) but the style of singing, the attitudes of the performers and whats worse...their FANS are feral.

Football hooligans who will take their shirts off outside the pub and sing wonderwall at the top of their lungs

2)mumble rap/trip hop or whatever the new rap sound is like. They will NEVER have the iconic status or longevity of people like Kanye by making the rap equivelent of elevator music ny12

2 hours ago, Gravity said:

For me it's the early 2010s ( 2010-2013). Everything sounded electronic and cheap. Dubstep and EDM abounded making everything sound dated on arrival. Plus the fact that only big name pop girls topped the charts and the fanwars caused were atrocious and there was no diversity of sound on the charts. Things are more relaxed now that pop girls don't top the charts consistently.

This and also the soundcloud rapper era. Literally every single one mumbled in their songs and they went #1.

• 70s/80s rock i find very repetitive and overrated 
  • EDM/Pop from 2009 - 2012 was really cheap and nasty.
  • Current hip-hop / rap. 

The majority of the 2010’s.

It’s one of the worst decades in music imo.

The years I hated in particular are 2013 - 2015. 

The amount of EDM/Dubstep/Trap ruined the decade for me. 

There’s also some music from the 80’a and 90’s that I find too cheesy. 

11 minutes ago, Exhale said:

The tik tok era awk1

The kesha tik tok era or the app one ? bey1

6 minutes ago, Gravity said:

The kesha tik tok era or the app one ? bey1

The fact that now among the kids Tik Tok means something other than the Kesha song worries me awk1

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

Football hooligans who will take their shirts off outside the pub and sing wonderwall at the top of their lungs

lmfao1 

Dated EDM bops from 2010-2012 oprah12 

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

1) The britpop era, Oasis, Blur, The Verve etc. Their music isnt necessarily BAD (i love some songs) but the style of singing, the attitudes of the performers and whats worse...their FANS are feral.

2)mumble rap/trip hop or whatever the new rap sound is like. They will NEVER have the iconic status or longevity of people like Kanye by making the rap equivelent of elevator music ny12

This ENTIRE post is sending me and I just don't know why rip2 

22 minutes ago, Luca said:

This ENTIRE post is sending me and I just don't know why rip2 

It's not even a joke

fall4

36 minutes ago, Exhale said:

The fact that now among the kids Tik Tok means something other than the Kesha song worries me awk1

It's not even that good of a song anyway. Dated electronic bop. It's not a loss. hottie1

Plus without the tik tok app songs like Say So or Savage would've never gotten the same attention to go #1 

Kinda the first half of the 80s cause of cheesy experimental rock and electronic music

Early 10's for same reasons you listed

Late 10's - present [Everything is the same tired trap sound now] 2013-2016 was a brief breathe of fresh air tho before things quickly went bad again

I’m not really sure if it was an era, but the early and/or mid 2000s when bands like Nickelback were popular

3 hours ago, Villanelle said:

fall1 What’s with the brits and their drunken singing? They do that ALL the time, everywhere dead2 

The late 2010’s til now nicki5

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.