Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Taylor Swift | folklore | 8th Studio Album | July 24

Just now, Taylor said:

Honestly it's her best work ever imo. This album will def be a more acquired taste for people than Red or Speak Now, but it's just so RICH

I've just been missing the songwriting Taylor used to serve. I enjoyed Rep but Lover was really not my cup of tea. But from what I'm hearing about this, I'm expecting it to be incredible. I'm all for a more stripped back, alternative/indie, lyric-focused sound. It's honestly what I've been wanting from her for years.

7 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

people on twitter saying this is her best work since Red is making the wait for my download excruciating giveup1 

I am not for overhyping anything at all, but I never thought she would come this close to replace Red. At least, not this fast. Their sounds are still different, although close in nature, but this is another vibe. But she preserved her lyricism most definitely and it shows in every single track and I still have to listen to the last two songs. I hope you won't be disappointed, but I wouldn't count on that to be the case. cry0

6 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I've just been missing the songwriting Taylor used to serve. I enjoyed Rep but Lover was really not my cup of tea. But from what I'm hearing about this, I'm expecting it to be incredible. I'm all for a more stripped back, alternative/indie, lyric-focused sound. It's honestly what I've been wanting from her for years.

I feel the same! Lover was an improvement (at least, for me, a lot didn't like it lol) but it still felt very watered down in hindsight. The lyrics on this record are very intricate, nuanced, personal and they tell stories within stories. It's her best album lyrically imo, not even up for debate giveup1 

The worst thing that I ever did

was what I did to you

And the last chorus with that add-on part.

I'm only 17

I don't know anything

But I know I miss you

Standing in your cardigan

Kissing in my car again

trisha-folklore-taylor.gif

3 minutes ago, Miss Movin' On said:

Indie & Alternative  - Alternative Rock

Why sis? :(

girl this change in sound was inevitable. anyone who thought she would serve 1989 and reputation pop bops, especially after Lover, was in severe denial

The devil's in the details

But you got a friend in me!

Would it be enough if I could never give you peace?

I would personally appreciate livelier backround for Peace, but the tone is aligning well with every word both in meaning and energy, so I am good.

Can't believe I'm stanning this girl right now. I've been slowly drifting away from pop music towards something more organic the past couple of years, so I was pleasantly surprised by this release. If any of our beloved faves has the capacity to make this kind of music, it is undoubtedly her. Her ability to paint a picture with her words truly is second to none. What a bitch. 

Hoax is closure I needed after 15-song-high-emotionally-tight-run. She sealed this album with it.

Your faithless love's the only hoax I believe in

Don't want no other shade of blue but you

No other sadness in the world would do

But that bridge, which I can't even type at the moment, because I would opt to type it all.

Am I the only one who isn’t in love? Like I can recognize that the songs are beautiful but it drags hard by track 11 (except for Betty) 

there are standouts for sure but I can’t see myself listening to this often 

It's her masterpiece, the album that she needed to make at this point in her career. Absolutely stunning from start to finish. It's full of surprises but it doesn't have to be loud and bombastic to get them across. It's got such a rich sound, incredible lyricism, and her best vocals to date. I couldn't be more impressed. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.