Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Taylor Swift | cardigan | Lead Single | July 24

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

Exactly! giveup1 

There's also a set designer involved so I hope that means it's not just her walking around the woods for 4 minutes rip4 

I think it will be more eventful as well and it seems to me she is presenting this new project like some sort of new turn when it comes to her music overall, hence the visuals looking minimalistic and not as huge as what was the case with her previous era. 

Also, I have been listening to Old Time Feeling, an album by completely obscure artist S. G. Goodman, but the thing is how folk vibe actually perfectly resonates when an artist is trying to reach the listener with the right mood. And Now Taylor is probably going to give it as well. 

I am now expecting some crosscroads Taylor from 2013 choosing this over everything she opted to do afterwards. We are always talking how we would like to experience some Red-like stuff, but Safe and Sound vibe wasn’t that much explored by her and years later, maybe this song and album will be truly gem for her. Hope for the best. Still excited. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I think it will be more eventful as well and it seems to me she is presenting this new project like some sort of new turn when it comes to her music overall, hence the visuals looking minimalistic and not as huge as what was the case with her previous era. 

Also, I have been listening to Old Time Feeling, an album by completely obscure artist S. G. Goodman, but the thing is how folk vibe actually perfectly resonates when an artist is trying to reach the listener with the right mood. And Now Taylor is probably going to give it as well. 

I am now expecting some crosscroads Taylor from 2013 choosing this over everything she opted to do afterwards. We are always talking how we would like to experience some Red-like stuff, but Safe and Sound vibe wasn’t that much explored by her and years later, maybe this song and album will be truly gem for her. Hope for the best. Still excited. 

Yes I agree tbh!

I think she's trying to make a career-defining album of some sort. Like to really develop herself, musically and artistically. Because for a lot of people Lover was a step back, and just like 1989 (it was great but a lot of people didn't like the fact that the lyrics were paper thin compared to her previous albums). I would imagine folklore to be where she'd be if she hadn't gone Pop after Red.

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Yes I agree tbh!

I think she's trying to make a career-defining album of some sort. Like to really develop herself, musically and artistically. Because for a lot of people Lover was a step back, and just like 1989 (it was great but a lot of people didn't like the fact that the lyrics were paper thin compared to her previous albums). I would imagine folklore to be where she'd be if she hadn't gone Pop after Red.

Yeah, folk is basically next thing an artist can explore after doing country or pop-laced country music. And she always had those tendencies, especially if we talk about her mellow-styled type of productions up until 1989. But I think this record will still preserve glossy traits, but being windier is what could be solid match. 

And also you have a point. When she embarked on pop journey, she had to make more balance with her songs. Not too mainstream, but not too indie-esque either. And the good thing was that she mostly still managed to come through with very good songs. 

Also, Cardigan lines you posted in the album thread seem like an indicator she had opted for good lead this time. It oozes deep album track mood her albums always have, so it is more reason to be excited. 

7 hours ago, Snow said:

Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto has worked with Martin Scorsese multiple times before, and was the cinematographer for The Wolf of Wall Street, Brokeback Mountain & Argo among many others!

Omg not the Bareback Mountain cinematographer!!! Taylor is about to serve ARTISTÉ oprah15 

7 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Omg not the Bareback Mountain cinematographer!!! Taylor is about to serve ARTISTÉ oprah15 

and they filmed in the forest or whatever oprah15 it's bout to be PRETTY oprah15oprah15oprah15

Just now, Snow said:

and they filmed in the forest or whatever oprah15 it's bout to be PRETTY oprah15oprah15oprah15

Taylor’s “For Emma” is coming I fear oprah15 we are not ready 

25 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Oh wow, now that’s promising. cry8 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.