Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Do you like Taylor's folklore?

Do you like Taylor's folklore?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Taylor's folklore?

• I'm a swiftie and I love it!
    • Swiftie but don't like it/indifferent
    • Not a Tay fan but about to become one! love the album
    • Not a tay fan and dont like it/indifferent

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Antonoff worked with Taylor on THREE albums before this one. NFR is more soft / psychedelic rock than folk music. And Lana’s albums are always sleepy. Just shut up and stop being stupid brit4 thanks

It definitely borrows from folk music; still NFR is more rock than folk but talking to Kevin about genres is like talking with blind about colours brit4 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

It definitely borrows from folk music; still NFR is more rock than folk but talking to Kevin about genres is like talking with blind about colours brit4 

It’s obvious miss thing didn’t really listen to the albums. Imagine all “soft” music sounding alike to someone because they literally don’t have the capacity to understand the distinction between genres, how sad brit2 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It’s obvious miss thing didn’t really listen to the albums. Imagine all “soft” music sounding alike to someone because they literally don’t have the capacity to understand the distinction between genres, how sad brit2 

He already threatened us we will see more of him in BG shitting on folklore. That’s also sad. Looks like someone is obsessed brit3 

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I know I shouldn’t make the comparison but I kept thinking of Sujfan’s Carrie and Lowell upon  listening, which is an absolute masterpiece, and I couldn’t help but feel that the album lacked what C&L delivered: heartwrenching lyrics floating on top of hauntingly beautiful melodies and production that gives me chills. Can’t put my finger on why Folklore didn’t achieve that, but I’ll have to give it a few more spins and see. 

So yeah, not her best album. I understand the vibe she’s going for, and having Bon Iver as a feature is telling, but the songs themselves are lacking something for me. I think maybe the production is a bit underwhelming? Not sure. 

omg I agree with this so much. aura1 Sufjan Stevens was literally the first thing that came to my mind. I guess I'm used to listening to artists that experiment and do new shit with these kind of soundscapes so Taylor's more "traditional" take on it felt underwhelming tbh

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

omg I agree with this so much. aura1 Sufjan Stevens was literally the first thing that came to my mind. I guess I'm used to listening to artists that experiment and do new shit with these kind of soundscapes so Taylor's more "traditional" take on it felt underwhelming tbh

I think thats what it is. Like she saw a sound she wanted to try and just... Stuck with it and didn’t try to switch it up.

it’s like what I feel about Hayley’s album.. She found an alt rock sound she wanted to try and did nothing to stray from it and it just makes for a boring listen.  

It's not the sort of thing i'd listen to but i'm genuinely surprised. 

The album is one of her best, the story telling is hauntingly beautiful, each song you can picture the scene in your head - not many albums can do that to you. True artistry in it's fully glory. 

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

So true. I listen to a lot of artists that are in different genres but similar mood, like Sufjan, First Aid Kit, Beach House, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, etc. So maybe Taylor’s attempt just felt a bit “meh” in comparison...?

47 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I don’t even have to listen to it to know that this is a blatantly obvious NFR rip-off.

She was clearly mad about her two latest Grammy snubs (as shown in one of her meltdown videos). So, she decided to just copy one of last year’s most acclaimed albums, knowing that critics like pretentious elevator folk shit. 

get a life

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So true. I listen to a lot of artists that are in different genres but similar mood, like Sufjan, First Aid Kit, Beach House, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, etc. So maybe Taylor’s attempt just felt a bit “meh” in comparison...?

you're comparing taylor to artists that have dedicated their entire careers to this genre

48 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Just ignore him. He talks crap for the sake of it. Kevin showed his true colours today by calling Taylor a “whore” by simply releasing an album. The toxicity and misogyny jumped out brit15 

What? awk1 

30 minutes ago, Sean said:

you're comparing taylor to artists that have dedicated their entire careers to this genre

Absolutely. This is Taylor’s attempt at the genre and so far it felt kind of flat to me. shrug1 

I think the overall tone of the album is really consistent, and her lyrics are once again on point. So far, "This is me trying" is a stand out for me. And also the visuals on the Cardigan video are really, really good, keeping in line with the mood of the album.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.