Jump to content

Do you like Taylor's folklore?

Do you like Taylor's folklore?   

32 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like Taylor's folklore?

    • I'm a swiftie and I love it!
      14
    • Swiftie but don't like it/indifferent
      2
    • Not a Tay fan but about to become one! love the album
      8
    • Not a tay fan and dont like it/indifferent
      8


Recommended Posts

Folklore is Ms Taylor's 8th studio album released today, she worked with indie musicians and the album has a very mellow and alternative sound. 

A lot of fans are saying this is her magnum opus, like Red or better than Red, but I honestly don't hear it ny10 Cardigan, exile, mirrorball, seven, august and betty are that bitch.  oprah4 

Are there any fans who can't get into it? 
Inversely, are there non-fans who love it? and/or on the verge of becoming a fan? jj2 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but you have to be in the right mood to really feel the album. It's really one of her best albums I just don't know where to place it in my rankings yet! gaga1

Also I wouldn't say an album is a magnum opus after just one play jj4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've listened to it three times now and I think I've finally got my thoughts together. 

Like is an understatement. The writing is top tier, the whole vibe of the album is indescribably beautiful, her vocals are easily her best on any album. It's an incredibly body of work and genuinely full of surprises without being bombastic and loud. It was the album she needed at this point in her career and the perfect album heading into the end of summer and the start of fall. She really delivered an album that's artistically sound, richly complex, and full of little details that add together to make something incredibly special. It's easily her best and one of the best albums of the year, bar none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Yes but you have to be in the right mood to really feel the album.

I think you're spot on with this comment, I imagine myself driving in the countryside or relaxing sipping tea while listening to this would most likely enhance the experience. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I've listened to it three times now and I think I've finally got my thoughts together. 

Like is an understatement. The writing is top tier, the whole vibe of the album is indescribably beautiful, her vocals are easily her best on any album. It's an incredibly body of work and genuinely full of surprises without being bombastic and loud. It was the album she needed at this point in her career and the perfect album heading into the end of summer and the start of fall. She really delivered an album that's artistically sound, richly complex, and full of little details that add together to make something incredibly special. It's easily her best and one of the best albums of the year, bar none. 

Poor gaga, dua and rina sawayama. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing album really enjoy it clap3 I’m a vanilla swiftie though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I've listened to it three times now and I think I've finally got my thoughts together. 

Like is an understatement. The writing is top tier, the whole vibe of the album is indescribably beautiful, her vocals are easily her best on any album. It's an incredibly body of work and genuinely full of surprises without being bombastic and loud. It was the album she needed at this point in her career and the perfect album heading into the end of summer and the start of fall. She really delivered an album that's artistically sound, richly complex, and full of little details that add together to make something incredibly special. It's easily her best and one of the best albums of the year, bar none. 

Period and I’m not a Swiftie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love love love the album, definitely my favorite by her 

 

it's making me realize i dont really care for pop as much as i used to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her best album to date 

 

bite me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, not my cup of tea. The production is as bland as dry bread and her voice really does absolutely nothing to me and sounds overall too flat and one dimensional to create the “album” experience that she aimed for. 
 

She’s a talented lyricist, but her deliveries rarely move me. 
 

Anyway cute release tho, I’m happy she’s doing what she loves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I didn’t expect to, I’m not a Taylor fan and it’s definitely not the type of music I listen to. But I can’t understand all of the praise, it literally sounds like the same song x16 to me rip4 The one song that stood out a little to me was epiphany. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kristina said:

it literally sounds like the same song x16 to me

This is how I feel brit1 

Are you guys pretending to like the album? moo1moo1moo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, STJ said:

This is how I feel brit1 

Are you guys pretending to like the album? moo1moo1moo1

I guess a lot of people just like mellow and alternative music brit3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to it and after one point it just became, idk how to call it, background music? it was just playing and i wasn't giving much attention to it, i was chatting and i forgot that i wanted to pay attention to the album and the music. jj4 There are some songs that grabbed my attention, like Exile and Seven. Overall isn't bad, but i don't think i can listen it to full, definitely not her best album, still better than Lover tho. jj4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

I was listening to it and after one point it just became, idk how to call it, background music? it was just playing and i wasn't giving much attention to it, i was chatting and i forgot that i wanted to pay attention to the album and the music. jj4 

This jj4 Gives me elevator music vibes tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kristina said:

Well I didn’t expect to, I’m not a Taylor fan and it’s definitely not the type of music I listen to. But I can’t understand all of the praise, it literally sounds like the same song x16 to me rip4 The one song that stood out a little to me was epiphany. 

Yeah this is NOT her best album. 💀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Moira O'Hara said:

still better than Lover tho

Not really. moo1 
If she served Lover, Daylight, All too well, Clean types of songs, I would be here for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I shouldn’t make the comparison but I kept thinking of Sujfan’s Carrie and Lowell upon  listening, which is an absolute masterpiece, and I couldn’t help but feel that the album lacked what C&L delivered: heartwrenching lyrics floating on top of hauntingly beautiful melodies and production that gives me chills. Can’t put my finger on why Folklore didn’t achieve that, but I’ll have to give it a few more spins and see. 

 

So yeah, not her best album. I understand the vibe she’s going for, and having Bon Iver as a feature is telling, but the songs themselves are lacking something for me. I think maybe the production is a bit underwhelming? Not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even have to listen to it to know that this is a blatantly obvious NFR rip-off.

She was clearly mad about her two latest Grammy snubs (as shown in one of her meltdown videos). So, she decided to just copy one of last year’s most acclaimed albums, knowing that critics like pretentious elevator folk shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, STJ said:

Not really. moo1 
If she served Lover, Daylight, All too well, Clean types of songs, I would be here for it.

I also preferred Lover. Some stellar tracks on that album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×