Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

'Baby Don't Lie' Singer Gwen Renée Stefani, 50. Out charting 'Ur So Gay' singer Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, 35 in 2020... Why?

So lets all just admit it, Katy is a flop. The good sis has went from Queen of the charts to soon to be Princess of the Bubbling Under. 

Why is it that Gwen Stefani can score a top 20 hit with a bland country song while Katy can barely chart with the most commercial based music there is. Did people really turn their back to her after she shaved her head, endorsed Hillary Clinton, became a the queen of cringe and made one of the worst music videos of all time? If Katy isn't careful she risks following in the foot steps of Xtina and only being known by the upcoming generation for being a TV talent contest judge.  

Pushing Smile as the "lead" single from her upcoming album doesn't give me much hope, it's the worst song she's released yet and even more forgettable than Never Worn Rice. In my opinion she should've pushed NRO harder and worked with Zedd on more music. NRO had a real chance of becoming a huge hit yet it had barely any promo.  365 was also great so clearly something between Katy and Zedd works, Daisies was cute although a bit generic and everyone seems to have forgotten Small Talk. 

I was really looking forward to the album a few months back but i'm starting to loose confidence in Katy, i dislike when an artist compares an upcoming album to one of their past works as it signals a lack of progression which is arguably what Katy needed, Harley's was good in that regard as it saw Katy a more mature image rather than trying to appeal to 12 year olds.

I really hope the new album leans more towards the sound of 365, NRO and Harley's rather than Forever Boring Shite and Sterile.  

What are your thoughts on Katy's upcoming album? Yes this thread title was just to be messy. tay2

well America would rather see a republican hick and his confusingly complacent wife hag to do a country song rather than Katy anyway but.............. Witness killed off the magic of Katy Perry for the GP. Literally because of her hair let's be real. Tragic

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

well America would rather see a republican hick and his confusingly complacent wife hag to do a country song rather than Katy anyway but.............. Witness killed off the magic of Katy Perry for the GP. Literally because of her hair let's be real. Tragic

All true but also, Katy’s aesthetic this era is god-awful. You make yourself the ringleader in a circus theme, not the clown. 

NRO deserved to be a #1 and re-establish her with the GP. Everyone did her dirty on that

It literally is though. She shaved her head and everyone turned against her. Also she was acting really weird during the Witness era. The "Is Maths related to science" question i'm sure also played a part.

Just now, Umbreon said:

All true but also, Katy’s aesthetic this era is god-awful. You make yourself the ringleader in a circus theme, not the clown. 

NRO deserved to be a #1 and re-establish her with the GP. Everyone did her dirty on that

the way NRO wasn't a big smash is just criminal 

2 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

This is part of what i was saying, Katy needs to mature her image, the only way to describe her aesthetic this era is "nursery school". Honestly Harley's was her best release when you combine the song, music video and aesthetics. 

2 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

I honestly do think lack of promotion killed it. She didn't treat it as a lead single which is what it should've been.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Out of all the Gwen Stefani songs you could've put in the title, you went with Baby Don't Lie? nicki5 

A bop. It out charted Harley's In Hawaii, Never Worn White and Smile.  nicki5

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I think 2016 is what killed Katy Perry but anyway . Daisies looks like it's a sleeper hit 

4 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Not you dragging Gwen when she has one of the best Pop Albums of All Time rip3 Katy's discography can't be compared to L.A.M.B and that's the tea juicy1 

I used to go for Gwen harder than any other woman in music but lately I just can't at all......... LAMB will forever be THAT album but like damn ma, how many mistakes does it take for someone to stay silent at a time like this?? Also Blake is trailer trash

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I used to go for Gwen harder than any other woman in music but lately I just can't at all......... LAMB will forever be THAT album but like damn ma, how many mistakes does it take for someone to stay silent at a time like this?? Also Blake is trailer trash

I know right ? nicki5 After her divorce, everything went downhill for Gwen's career including dating Blake Shelton nicki5 

6 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Not you dragging Gwen when she has one of the best Pop Albums of All Time rip3 Katy's discography can't be compared to L.A.M.B and that's the tea juicy1 

I love Gwen, Baby Don't Lie is a bop. 

I'm still mad that Start A War, Lovable and War Paint were not on the standard versions of her last album. With Start A War there isn't even any recordings, just a live version.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.